State v Bradley Cooper 04/11/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure he lied about when he went to bed. It was posted from someone that went to court yesterday that the emails were accessed with the blackjack phone and not a home computer. So he very well could have been in bed with his 2 daughters and used his phone to check the emails.

And they were both doing laundry that morning...and laundry isn't a continuous process. It's not like he couldn't put a load in the dryer and then go play tennis.

I'm absolutely positive he lied about when he went to bed. He said in his deposition he fell asleep between 9 and 9:30 p.m. and didn't wake up 4:00, when K. woke him up. He lied.

But according to Brad, Nancy put on her running clothes downstairs and left. She never came upstairs in her running clothes.

Maybe he didn't hear her or pay attention. I don't know. We will never know for sure now if the kid did see her mom, because no one ever officially asked her.

Is it being claimed that she saw her in a white shirt and black shorts? Is it out of the realm of impossibility that she was wearing what she wore to bed (one of his white shirts and black shorts?)

Yes, I'd say so. Since Brad has only ever said she wore a white T-shirt to bed, not a white T-shirt and black shorts.

I'm not sure he lied about when he went to bed. It was posted from someone that went to court yesterday that the emails were accessed with the blackjack phone and not a home computer. So he very well could have been in bed with his 2 daughters and used his phone to check the emails.

And they were both doing laundry that morning...and laundry isn't a continuous process. It's not like he couldn't put a load in the dryer and then go play tennis.

BBM

That's an interesting point that I haven't heard before. It actually opens up all sorts of scenarios. What it also does is prove he actually wasn't at his desk when he looked at the emails.

Since we didn't get to see much testimony today and we seem to be quickly heading towards the defense case I wonder how many here have read through the defense emergency petition and what thoughts might be as to what will be presented.

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/news_briefs/2011/02/17/9132146/coopermotion.PDF

Wow - that was a fascinating read. To you legal experts out there - is it normal for the prosecution to withhold evidence like it appears to be in this case?

Is it being claimed that she saw her in a white shirt and black shorts? Is it out of the realm of impossibility that she was wearing what she wore to bed (one of his white shirts and black shorts?)

BC said she was wearing a white t-shirt that morning too so maybe the child saw her earlier in the morning, maybe when the younger child woke up at 4.

And the neighbor wrote a very negative affidavit about BC in the custody case so it's not as if she would have been trying to clear him.

I just think that if the child told anyone that, anything that could have been important in this case, it should have been pursued. They could have had a psychologist question the child. It should have happened right away too while it was fresh in her mind.

It is Brad's daughter.
He and his attorney had every right to have a child psychologist document anything his child may have said about "seeing" her mom on 7-12-08.
Kurtz interviewed other exculpatory witnesses that claim they saw NC running, correct?
Why is Kurtz now whining about B? That 11th hour motion for delay was a complete joke and the court of appeals rightfully dismissed it as such.

Yes, I'd say so. Since Brad has only ever said she wore a white T-shirt to bed, not a white T-shirt and black shorts.

So, are we now taking certain statements BC made as fact whereas others are lies?

I'm not trying to be snarky about it, we've all pretty much established his memory is garbage.

So now B was downstairs and saw what her mom was wearing before 7AM? Reckon she was sleepwalking :waitasec:

Apparently so, since BC stated on several occasions and in sworn testimony that B was asleep and did not awaken until 8:30 a.m.

Yes, B seeing her mom shortly before 7 will not come up with the state because it never happened.

Is it possible that B was told, when asking where nc was, that mommy went for a run. IIRC, NC did run on Thursday morning. Is it possible that someone asked if B saw what her mom was wearing and she remembered Thursday morning, and was describing that?

It is Brad's daughter.
He and his attorney had every right to have a child psychologist document anything his child may have said about "seeing" her mom on 7-12-08.
Kurtz interviewed other exculpatory witnesses that claim they saw NC running, correct?
Why is Kurtz now whining about B? That 11th hour motion for delay was a complete joke and the court of appeals rightfully dismissed it as such.

BBM

Could he actually had done this during the investigation? From what I understand the kids were out of his custody fairly quickly.

Email forwarding was confirmed by fbi to start on or around April 7 2008 from Nancy Cooper's RR account to adventuresofbrad email. Nancy's RR account was not a shared family account. It was her personal account in which she had no idea forwarding had been set up. All emails received at Nancy's email address were intended for her alone.

I know I'm several pages behind, but what you said about the adventuresofbrad email intrigues me. I'm fairly sure he stated in the custody deposition that he never used that email; had only used it once to set up the domain name with the ISP. Why would he lie?

Is it possible that B was told, when asking where nc was, that mommy went for a run. IIRC, NC did run on Thursday morning. Is it possible that someone asked if B saw what her mom was wearing on Thursday morning, and was describing that?

Very possible dramamama...much more so than what Kurtz spun in that emergency motion to delay at the 11th hour ----to influence jury pool, imo

My four year old granddaughter will tell you about stuff that happened "last tomorrow" or "Monday yesterday" or "tonight." She has no concept of time. If you ask her when did you hurt your finger and you know for 100% it was today she might say, "Last yesterday." She thinks she's having an adult conversation and she's heard adults say "last Thursday" or "last week" or "this morning." She applies adjectives that don't fit.

My four year old granddaughter will tell you about stuff that happened "last tomorrow" or "Monday yesterday" or "tonight." She has no concept of time. If you ask her when did you hurt your finger and you know for 100% it was today she might say, "Last yesterday." She thinks she's having an adult conversation and she's heard adults say "last Thursday" or "last week" or "this morning." She applies adjectives that don't fit.

Every child is different though. I can ask my 4 year old tonight who woke her up this morning and I'm pretty sure she's going to come up with the correct answer. It's amazing what certain things children remember. For example, mine remember exact situations from months ago, such as what happened during Thanksgiving last year.

I'm absolutely positive he lied about when he went to bed. He said in his deposition he fell asleep between 9 and 9:30 p.m. and didn't wake up 4:00, when K. woke him up. He lied.

Maybe he was taking a nap if he knew it was going to be a long night.....

Yes, and I think AS was very specific with him in questioning as to what time did he actually go to bed and how long it took for the girls and himself to actually fall asleep and did he awaken again and if so what time. She left him PLENTY of room to say he laid down at 8:30, fell asleep at 9:30, oh, but yeah, I woke up at 10pm and checked a little email and some stuff on my Blackberry. He didn't. He thought no one would know about his little email scam.

Every child is different though. I can ask my 4 year old tonight who woke her up this morning and I'm pretty sure she's going to come up with the correct answer. It's amazing what certain things children remember. For example, mine remember exact situations from months ago, such as what happened during Thanksgiving last year.

And I think that's exactly why 2, 3, and 4 year olds don't testify in open court. You do not know what they will say and if they understand the concept of a lie, a truth, time, emotions. They may make perfect sense and know something and can communicate it clearly - and they may not. There's a reason why 4 year olds aren't called as witnesses in court.

Yes, and I think AS was very specific with him in questioning as to what time did he actually go to bed and how long it took for the girls and himself to actually fall asleep and did he awaken again and if so what time. She left him PLENTY of room to say he laid down at 8:30, fell asleep at 9:30, oh, but yeah, I woke up at 10pm and checked a little email and some stuff on my Blackberry. He didn't. He thought no one would know about his little email scam.

Yes, and Kurtz began spinning that in his opening. He said something along the lines of (I'm paraphrasing here): "Mr. Cooper doesn't REMEMBER getting up that night, but often if he couldn't sleep he would get up and check his e-mail. This would not be unusal for him to do."

I know Brad lied and so does Mr. Kurtz.

Yes, and Kurtz began spinning that in his opening. He said something along the lines of (I'm paraphrasing here): "Mr. Cooper doesn't REMEMBER getting up that night, but often if he couldn't sleep he would get up and check his e-mail. This would not be unusal for him to do."

I know Brad lied and so does Mr. Kurtz.

And so does Brad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members