State v Bradley Cooper 04-19-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't like me saying that the PW protection could have been bypassed if someone moved the mouse before it engaged, it hurts the credibility of the CPD pretending they properly secured the laptop as soon as they kicked BC out of the house and then left the laptop powered on for 27 hours.

Ok, I understand your point. You are saying that if the computer had only been on 9 minutes when CPD got there, they could have moved the mouse every 9 minutes to avoid it being turned off.

Unless I have missed it, do we even know when that 27 hours began? The moment they walked in the door? 2 hours before they walked in andit was already in the Password protection mode? Did CPD leave it turned on for 27 hours from the moment they took it or it was powered on for 27 hours and that could have began at 5am?

Kelly

I read a little something about this a while back. I have to admit that it puzzles me too, but the item I read said, or perhaps I should say "indicated" :innocent: that some of these women see the prisoner as a "safe" man. He is locked away, so they can have the advantages of being married to them or have some kind of a relationship, but not actually have to deal with the reality of having them in their lives.

Take the example of a woman who was abused by her father, maybe physically and/or sexually. She can be married to someone who she knows will never be able to touch her. This satisfies some inner need to be appreciated by a male, but not have him close enough to have any relations with in any way.

Of course, I think they should probably invest in some therapy instead, probably better and safer in the long run, who wants to have these creeps know your name, address and whatever personal details you write to them?
(SHUDDER)

"...believe me, Hannibal Lecter is not someone you want inside your head."

I am always in smh mode when I hear of women writing, falling in love, marrying serial killers and murderers. Just boggles my mind. Other than the emotional fullfillment..whatever that would be...the prisoner adds nothing, absolutely nothing to their life. No support on the homefront, financials, kids nada, nothing. As someone else mentioned, Jeffrey MacDonald's current wife. She is an attractive woman who owns or did own a dance stuido if I remember correctly, active in her community and is totally 100% convinced her man is innocent. Wasn't Ted Bundy married as well? The whole thing is bizarre enough for me to wonder if it isn't a selfish attempt on the woman's part to have something she believes is ALL hers, no one elses. She is the winner, the savior. It has to be some kind of savior complex.

Kelly

I am always in smh mode when I hear of women writing, falling in love, marrying serial killers and murderers. Just boggles my mind. Other than the emotional fullfillment..whatever that would be...the prisoner adds nothing, absolutely nothing to their life. No support on the homefront, financials, kids nada, nothing. As someone else mentioned, Jeffrey MacDonald's current wife. She is an attractive woman who owns or did own a dance stuido if I remember correctly, active in her community and is totally 100% convinced her man is innocent. Wasn't Ted Bundy married as well? The whole thing is bizarre enough for me to wonder if it isn't a selfish attempt on the woman's part to have something she believes is ALL hers, no one elses. She is the winner, the savior. It has to be some kind of savior complex.

Kelly

I don't know...again, I won't even pretend to understand what goes on in your (women collectively...not you in particular) head. You ladies are very complex.

I don't know...again, I won't even pretend to understand what goes on in your (women collectively...not you in particular) head. You ladies are very complex.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, myself and many of my friends feel the same way about the male population!

Kelly

Well, if it makes you feel any better, myself and many of my friends feel the same way about the male population!

Kelly

Come on.... We're fairly simple. There are very few thoughts that aren't related to sex, sports, food, or beer.

I'm a male, and I will say without hesitation that I don't understand the female mind. But I do think there are a few reasons for this:

1. The prisoners often send "heartfelt" love letters that makes the women feel special. He also talks about "feelings", etc.
2. And this one might be bigger....even though he is in prison, she knows exactly where he is and that he is not out running around on her with another woman.
3. When she sees him, she has his undivided attention.

So it's an emotional love affair. The problem is that she doesn't realize that it is all a game to the prisoner. He has nothing better to do.

I think they are crazy women, not to say all the above that you said is not true, but I also wonder if it is not some way for them to feel in control. I still think it is totally crazy!

I am quite certain that Windows Vista was never a Cisco standard Operating system.

You're right. Most people at Cisco never saw Vista. But BC was an alpha tester, and he had to test programs on the various operating systems, so he had a vista set up. I think that's part of the problem with the "10 minute password lock out thing." The FBI testified that XP users at Cisco would lock out after 10 minutes of inactivity, but they did not have the information from Cisco on vista users. They also knew that administrative users could reset that time limit when they were at home. So, they believed it was 10 minutes based on the information they received from Cisco about Standard Operating Procedures, but did not verify that from BC's machine.

I do have a hard time believing that anyone would stand there and jostle a mouse. But it would also be ridiculous to think that someone would need to be logged in as BC in order to place files on his computer. There are quite a few other ways to do it, without having to be logged in. (I'm not saying I think CPD did anything, I'm just giving this as a possibility).

Ok, I understand your point. You are saying that if the computer had only been on 9 minutes when CPD got there, they could have moved the mouse every 9 minutes to avoid it being turned off.

Unless I have missed it, do we even know when that 27 hours began? The moment they walked in the door? 2 hours before they walked in andit was already in the Password protection mode? Did CPD leave it turned on for 27 hours from the moment they took it or it was powered on for 27 hours and that could have began at 5am?

Kelly

I don't have the answer to your last paragraph. But they could have moved it before the PW engaged and then turned off the Screensaver at that point so that they didn't have to worry about the PW coming into play, that would take tne 9 minutes 59 second issue away and then reset it before they turned it off, or after they were done looking around, if they did that.

You're right. Most people at Cisco never saw Vista. But BC was an alpha tester, and he had to test programs on the various operating systems, so he had a vista set up. I think that's part of the problem with the "10 minute password lock out thing." The FBI testified that XP users at Cisco would lock out after 10 minutes of inactivity, but they did not have the information from Cisco on vista users. They also knew that administrative users could reset that time limit when they were at home. So, they believed it was 10 minutes based on the information they received from Cisco about Standard Operating Procedures, but did not verify that from BC's machine.

I do have a hard time believing that anyone would stand there and jostle a mouse. But it would also be ridiculous to think that someone would need to be logged in as BC in order to place files on his computer. There are quite a few other ways to do it, without having to be logged in. (I'm not saying I think CPD did anything, I'm just giving this as a possibility).

Thank you for answering my lock out question! Also, they wouldn't have to stand around jostling the mouse they would only need to get in one time then they could change the lock out time or disable password protection altogether.

Hello everyone! :seeya: Have been following this since day 1 when NC was reported missing. Have watched the whole trial and witnessed this forum, compelled to read on. Have read on comment sections on newspaper and TV reports and have been horrified with the apparent campaign to smear the victim, NC and the other victims, her dear friends. Does the Innocence Project give a hoot about her innocent children? I don't think so, and after all, the children ARE absolutely innocent, unlike the brad......:loser: I've never seen this in my life, and think that is horrific. It is as if the abuser has continued abuse, and has 20 pairs of hands typing on his behalf.
(IMHO, and H stands for horrified) Jenny

You cannot possbily know that as a fact. Computers can be set in the power management settings to power off, suspend or do nothing when the lid is closed. Unless you are aware of the power management settings, you don't know what happened when the lid was closed.

If it was set to anything OTHER than "do nothing" it was locked and/or logged off.

I don't know, you're right, but the default seems to be "do nothing," I checked this am with a bunch of Cisco friends and all of them say "do nothing" is what they have. They said they never even thought to look at that or consider changing the default that typically if they are walking with the laptop that is when they normally close it while it was running and they are usually on their way to a meeting, so easier to just open it and have it be up. They said when they drive home, when the lid would also be closed, they turn it off because they are putting it in their bag and it would get too hot.

Since there are so many meetings on line, where you are watching, but not doing anything, I think most people change the settings since a 10 minute no activity lockout would be annoying and could cause them to miss parts of the meeting. 10 minutes is just the default.

Tin foil hats, get 'em while you can....

:floorlaugh:

:great:

Like the people that call the police department wanting them to do something about that yellow dust SOMEBODY keeps throwing on their car and lawn furniture - or the ones that want whoever is paintballing their car with that purple juice to stop it. Happens every spring, but they keep trying to have the dust spreaders and paintballers locked up.

Come on.... We're fairly simple. There are very few thoughts that aren't related to sex, sports, food, or beer.

You ripped the words right out of my mouth. :floorlaugh: Except I was going to say food & sex, & his workshop. The order of importance may vary over the years, my husband is 67 now.

:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member