Found Deceased State v Bradley Cooper - 3/23/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confusing....she was from Chapel Hill but went to UNC-Charlotte

No...my confusion. I thought you guys were talking about the Eve Carson murder at UNC Chapel but there was a murder trial just ended in Charlotte about a young girl from UNC-Charlotte that just ended in a conviction yesterday.

The place where she was dumped was probably the last place someone would want to run. The other streets were long and lovely with nice homes. This little spur was like a twig with a turn around. Why bother to run there?

Besides that, it makes NO sense that Nancy would EVER choose that place to run, and go there from her home. No one in their right mind would run on Holly Springs Rd., which you'd have to go on to get to where she was found. I even hate driving on HS Road. It's not safe, outdated.

Her own neighborhood was vast and had plenty of sidewalks and homes everywhere, and led to the Java Jive and the Lochmere Lake with the sidewalk around it. No way would a person choose the route that led to her death, if they were a runner with a brain.

And we have read that she never ran alone. If she never ran alone, the woman who was so sure she saw her did not mention a running partner.

ETA: Even Brad Told JA he thought she went running with someone.

OK, so maybe I am not the sharpest bulb in the hall or brightest knife in the drawer, sumthin' like that, but I was just thinking about the narrow dump window and thinking about the ME's testimony.

I was a little disappointed in a few things that I felt like should have been asked, but after everything is presented, it might not matter much. I do seem to recall that the ME was asked a few questions about TOD and that she appeared to have been out about the same amount of time she had been reported as missing. Now, IIRC, BC Testified that she went out to run around 7-8, time is not as important on this, because what I am getting to is the sun would have been up for quite a while. Many folks like to sleep a bit later on Saturday, but by that time it is not unusual for a lot of people to be up and moving around.

If the mysterious van full of Hawaiian Mormans (oops, sorry, that was the Laci Peterson defense story) the mystery van was seen in the area, the ME has sealed off the avenue of them grabbing her, taking her elsewhere and holding her for a while then returning to dump her.

And we have read that she never ran alone. If she never ran alone, the woman who was so sure she saw her did not mention a running partner.

ETA: Even Brad Told JA he thought she went running with someone.

I read that Affidavit of that witness that saw her. Then I read more reports about how similar looking people jog every day in that area and she could have totally thought it was NC. Tall, well-built girl with dark hair just wizzes by you, you could really pick her out in a crowd (or a missing poster) the next day? Come on, we don't pay that much attention to joggers, just that it was a male or female, but if they stopped and said oh cute dog and had a conversation that is another story.. she claims she said hello but whatever.. she didn't stop! Not buying it!

OK, so maybe I am not the sharpest bulb in the hall or brightest knife in the drawer, sumthin' like that, but I was just thinking about the narrow dump window and thinking about the ME's testimony.

I was a little disappointed in a few things that I felt like should have been asked, but after everything is presented, it might not matter much. I do seem to recall that the ME was asked a few questions about TOD and that she appeared to have been out about the same amount of time she had been reported as missing. Now, IIRC, BC Testified that she went out to run around 7-8, time is not as important on this, because what I am getting to is the sun would have been up for quite a while. Many folks like to sleep a bit later on Saturday, but by that time it is not unusual for a lot of people to be up and moving around.

If the mysterious van full of Hawaiian Mormans (oops, sorry, that was the Laci Peterson defense story) the mystery van was seen in the area, the ME has sealed off the avenue of them grabbing her, taking her elsewhere and holding her for a while then returning to dump her.

I know! And even if it was quick, what did they do to her and with her clothes? No sexual assault or anything abnormal other than strangulation with that bone in her neck broken? SO they took her and killed her and just dumped her, for no reason or motive? ha

There are always two (or more) sides to every case. Be respectful of each other. If you disagree with someone and cannot respond intelligently, then MOVE PAST the post. There is no requirement that every post be responded to. If another poster irks you, no matter what they say, put them on your ignore list. (If you need help with that, send me a pm.)

Always remember - if you respond to a post that upsets you in a way that violates the rules or TOS, you may find that you are the one that is in trouble. Instead - just alert the post and let the mods handle it.

Thanks,

Salem

I read that Affidavit of that witness that saw her. Then I read more reports about how similar looking people jog every day in that area and she could have totally thought it was NC. Tall, well-built girl with dark hair just wizzes by you, you could really pick her out in a crowd (or a missing poster) the next day? Come on, we don't pay that much attention to joggers, just that it was a male or female, but if they stopped and said oh cute dog and had a conversation that is another story.. she claims she said hello but whatever.. she didn't stop! Not buying it!

So what was the point of CPD posting "Have you seen this person" signs and canvassing the neighborhood if they were just going to dismiss every report as somebody looking like her?

So what was the point of CPD posting "Have you seen this person" signs and canvassing the neighborhood if they were just going to dismiss every report as somebody looking like her?

They weren't going to dismiss every report. Just that woman's. :)

No...my confusion. I thought you guys were talking about the Eve Carson murder at UNC Chapel but there was a murder trial just ended in Charlotte about a young girl from UNC-Charlotte that just ended in a conviction yesterday.

Sorry, I started that. That's what I thought the OP was referring to. I wasn't aware of the Charlotte case.

Really? You think she is making it up? Why would she? She had just seen her so she knew it was her. She was so sure that she tried several times to reach the police. I just don't think someone would call the police if they weren't positive it was her.

Speaking of narrow time windows, HT video and testimony indicates BC, on the first visit, left at 6:30am. He received a call at 6:40am and less than a minute later was back at HT. In between he had to drive home, enter the house, made a bottle of milk, gave it to his daughter, discovered or heard they were out of detergent, and then made a return trip to HT. I would be interested in knowing what is the best possible time that a one way trip to HT could be made. Any thoughts is there is enough time to complete these tasks as indicated?

Really? You think she is making it up? Why would she? She had just seen her so she knew it was her. She was so sure that she tried several times to reach the police. I just don't think someone would call the police if they weren't positive it was her.

It's possible to be certain of something and still be wrong about it.

She probably thought she saw her or someone similar to her looks. There are a lot of people jogging on Saturday morning, especially in that area. I am just saying that she may have thought it was her and that wasn't really a "lead"

They weren't going to dismiss every report. Just that woman's. :)

I don't think they followed up on the report from the witness who saw her jogging and claimed to see the van following her either. I guess we'll hear more details when the defense has it's turn.

i don't think she's making it up but unless she knew Nancy Cooper personally I don't think that she can be sure that it was her.

I don't think they followed up on the report from the witness who saw her jogging and claimed to see the van following her either. I guess we'll hear more details when the defense has it's turn.

Was the van red?

Oh wait it was white with hispanics, right? Maybe they weren't following her but rather heading to the construction site?

She probably thought she saw her or someone similar to her looks. There are a lot of people jogging on Saturday morning, especially in that area. I am just saying that she may have thought it was her and that wasn't really a "lead"

Yes, but she was close enough to touch her. They said hi to each other. I would remember a face. She feels certain. It's hard to dismiss it. WHY didn't CPD follow up on it? That really makes the investigative team look bad, imo.

That coupled with NC's deleted blackberry files really makes CPD look bad and hurts the prosecutions case.

Speaking of narrow time windows, HT video and testimony indicates BC, on the first visit, left at 6:30am. He received a call at 6:40am and less than a minute later was back at HT. In between he had to drive home, enter the house, made a bottle of milk, gave it to his daughter, discovered or heard they were out of detergent, and then made a return trip to HT. I would be interested in knowing what is the best possible time that a one way trip to HT could be made. Any thoughts is there is enough time to complete these tasks as indicated?

I don't believe your times are accurate. I don't have them in front of me but I know that the time he left HT from the first visit to the time he returned was approximately 17 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danicastiletto