State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-22-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
:floorlaugh:

I have all the cleaning done, but I have given up trying to cook during the trial, I promised Mr. Cammy as soon as this is over, this will be my last *trial.

He has been so patient about it, but I think if he never hears Jason
Young's name again, he won't mind at all.

Luckily, he works long hours during the week, and this is better than me going to the mall , at least that's what I tell him....:wink:

* I am interested in the Michelle Parker case though , do any of you here follow that one?

Every trial is my last trial but my family knows it is not true!! I actually shop on the weekends so I don't have to go to the store during trial time or I at least have stuff to throw in for dinners. Michelle Parker I am all over it.

True, but some friends knew of the affair with MM. People would have talked; it would have gotten back to Michelle eventually. Also, they could have subpoenaed his phone records, and he would have been busted with MM.

The affair with MM became public because of cell phone activity, not because friends knew about the affair.

If there is another mistrial do you think that the State will refile?

No. Not right away like this time.

If there is a mistrial, the DA's office will wait for whatever length of time for new, compelling evidence before retrying this case.

If there are 2 mistrials, JY will find that getting on with his life will be difficult. He will still be virtually unemployable, a pariah in his own hometown, and he will always be looking over his shoulder wondering if LE has finally found the nail in his coffin. It would be a miserable life to say the least. He may find moments of joy, but he will never know true peace.

Good evening JTF,

I have zero knowledge of NC family court procedures.

Do they really award alimony based on affairs?

N.C. has had numerous, extremely high, well into the millions, alienation of affection lawsuit awards. The law is current and used.

Good wake up fran.
That fiasco in June just has me second guessing every move they make.
I'm sure the PT got good feedback from that jury and has tried hard to correct their many mistakes. One of the biggest issues was being rushed...thankfully, they are taking the time they need this trial. The 2 smoking guns...shoes and shirt should be crystal clear this time.

Which party is entering new evidence ... whatever the defense lawyer was viewing today? I missed that completely.

The affair with MM became public because of cell phone activity, not because friends knew about the affair.

JY had friends who knew of the affair with MM before the murder.

Some of those friends told their wives about that affair before the murder, and some of those friends told their wives about it after the murder. If there had been divorce proceedings between JY and Michelle, one of those wives would have told Michelle. It's human nature.

No. Not right away like this time.

If there is a mistrial, the DA's office will wait for whatever length of time for new, compelling evidence before retrying this case.

If there are 2 mistrials, JY will find that getting on with his life will be difficult. He will still be virtually unemployable, a pariah in his own hometown, and he will always be looking over his shoulder wondering if LE has finally found the nail in his coffin. It would be a miserable life to say the least. He may find moments of joy, but he will never know true peace.

I dunno why this post made me laugh, but reading it, I had a soundtrack and the voice of dateline in my ear. If you guys haven't read the above in that voice, try it. It's dastardly to get joy from it, but it's kind of cool.

Here, I'll start ya off:

"It's a wintery day, in Brevard, North Carolina. But, every day is a wintry day for Jason Young. You seeee, he's been tried nineteen times for the murder of his wife and unborn son, and even though they haven't convicted him yet, they get a step closer every time they let him out on bond. Prosecutors in Raleigh, North Carolina are certain Mr. Young killed his young, pregnant wife, Michelle, in 2006. (Cue Dialogue from Pros in NC: Ummmm, ummmm, we decided the trial, number ummmmm, twenty, was uummmm, too much. So, we just decided. Well, HC, my fellow prosecutor had never actually committed a crime and we decided we'd do a little North Carolina Dexter meets Deliverance on Mr. Young. Cue Sound of owls in trees. Video of HC and BH in tree outside of PY's home in Brevard,NC)"

If they divorced and Jason had 50/50 custody and 40/60 time with his children, and the married women he committed adultery with remained silent, his child support obligations would have been minimal. We know that Nancy Cooper would have had a lot of difficulty taking the children and moving away ... and it would have been the same situation for Michelle.

Otto,
This just isn't true.
When the children started school, there is no way JY could have had 40/60 time with his children. 50/50 custody only means that both parents have say in major decisions regarding the children like health care, school, etc.

There were friends of JY who knew that he was having an affair with MM. There were friends of his who also knew that he had other brief affairs with other women. The affairs would have come out; they always do. JY would not have come through a divorce unscathed. He would have been beaten down in family court.

Otto,
This just isn't true.
When the children started school, there is no way JY could have had 40/60 time with his children. 50/50 custody only means that both parents have say in major decisions regarding the children like health care, school, etc.

There were friends of JY who knew that he was having an affair with MM. There were friends of his who also knew that he had other brief affairs with other women. The affairs would have come out; they always do. JY would not have come through a divorce unscathed. He would have been beaten down in family court.

Custody arrangements take many forms. Children can reside in the home while the parents cycle out on a weekly basis, children can spend alternating weeks with each parent ... it all depends on many factors ... but it's certainly not impossible for parents to equally share the task of childrearing. Child custody is about what is best for the children ... not about being punitive towards parents.

Otto,
This just isn't true.

So true. Michelle would have gotten herself an attorney, and that attorney would have initiated an investigation against JLY. And if I were Linda Fisher, I would have advised michelle to sue the crap out of michelle money. And as courts have proven in N.C., Michelle Young could have walked away with millions in an alienation of affection suit.

Custody arrangements take many forms. Children can reside in the home while the parents cycle out on a weekly basis, children can spend alternating weeks with each parent ... it all depends on many factors ... but it's certainly not impossible for parents to equally share the task of childrearing. Child custody is about what is best for the children ... not about being punitive towards parents.

Jason Young said 'he could just kill michelle for leaving him alone with CY when she peed on the floor and the power went out. Somehow I don't see him as a co-parent to a toddler and a newborn. :seeya:

That might work if Michelle stayed in NC, but it is doubtful to me that would have happened. I think Michelle would have moved back to NY to be close to family who could help her out.
I don't see every other weekend visits from NY to NC because I don't think JY would have paid for the airline tickets to do that. jmo of course.

Jason Young said 'he could just kill michelle for leaving him alone with CY when she peed on the floor and the power went out. Somehow I don't see him as a co-parent to a toddler and a newborn. :seeya:

Children are only toddlers and newborns for a short time ... and custody is a fluid arrangement. In the big picture, I don't see child support as a major factor or reason for murder ... not in this case.

That might work if Michelle stayed in NC, but it is doubtful to me that would have happened. I think Michelle would have moved back to NY to be close to family who could help her out.
I don't see every other weekend visits from NY to NC because I don't think JY would have paid for the airline tickets to do that. jmo of course.

If one parent moving away from the other parent and taking the children was an easy task in NC, Nancy Cooper would have moved away long before she was murdered. Instead, she was stuck because the father of the children lived and worked there.

Who cares how it became public, once Michelle hired herself an attorney, it would have been discovered.

Children are only toddlers and newborns for a short time ... and custody is a fluid arrangement. In the big picture, I don't see child support as a major factor or reason for murder ... not in this case.

One of my family members worked at PE and knew MY. I called him two days after the murder and asked about it. He said that MY told someone at work that JY had affairs. I won't post all the rumors but he also said the people at PE thought JY did it. That was TWO days later, so nothing had been made public at that time.

If one parent moving away from the other parent and taking the children was an easy task in NC, Nancy Cooper would have moved away long before she was murdered. Instead, she was stuck because the father of the children lived and worked there.

Nancy Cooper needed her children's passports. One doesn't need a passport to move to New York. :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat