Sunday 6/2/13 on True Crime Radio - Elaine Redwine

Status
Not open for further replies.
They always say that, often up until the day of the arrest. :wink:

Really? LE makes a habit of saying that someone is cooperative and then they arrest them? Can you give me examples? Because all of the cases I know about an unofficial person of interest has been identified with more than one uncooperative behavior--moving away, attempting to leave the country, refusing to speak with investigators. Anyway, if you have examples of cooperative perpetrators (convicted) I'm all ears. (or eyes).

Remember this?

‘He would have called’

A message left on Mark Redwine’s cellphone Friday was not returned.

The telephone at his residence at 2343 County Road 500 rang until it cut off.

So if, like he told Tricia, his job was to stay at home to wait for the phone to ring, or Dylan to show up at the house, wouldn't it be fairly important to answer your phone?

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121123/NEWS01/121129810/-He-would-have-called

Here's another way you can get all missing child alerts (not just amber alerts) from NCMEC

http://www.feedly.com/home#subscrip...ds.com/missingkids/servlet/XmlServlet?act=rss

You can bookmark that, keep it open in a separate window and refresh it.

You can also sign up for feedly and subscribe to the RSS feed on your computer or tablet or phone. Lots of options.

If you do sign up for feedly, just do a search for Missing Children Alert Cases and the feed will come up. Click it and hit the plus sign to subscribe to it.

There are other interesting feeds such as the FBI feeds.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/rss/rss-news-feeds

And here are the state level RSS feeds from NCMEC

http://www.missingkids.com/RSS

I thought that he did say that he wished he looked for Dylan sooner. Oh well, I could be wrong. If I have time later I'll see if I can find it.

I don't think that the LE agencies involved in this case would ignore the last person seen with a missing person and go off on a tangent just because that person said so. MOO.

I hope you find this Ranch because I don't remember it and would like to see it. The only comment I remember is about wishing he had tried harder to wake him up.

Remember this?

‘He would have called’

A message left on Mark Redwine’s cellphone Friday was not returned.

The telephone at his residence at 2343 County Road 500 rang until it cut off.

So if, like he told Tricia, his job was to stay at home to wait for the phone to ring, or Dylan to show up at the house, wouldn't it be fairly important to answer your phone?

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121123/NEWS01/121129810/-He-would-have-called

He was interviewed several times during those early days. Maybe he was at the police station. That's pretty important too, giving info to LE to find your child.

:cow:

I just checked the media threads & the last 3 LE news releases:

Jan. 24, Feb. 11 & Mar. 19 and it did not state anything about Mark being cooperative nor referenced anything about a POI or suspect. I wanted to look at official releases as the press does recycle quotes as they deem fit for a story.

He was interviewed several times during those early days. Maybe he was at the police station. That's pretty important too, giving info to LE to find your child.

:cow:

Yes, and the caller ID feature is pretty common. The media doesn't usually call to tell you that your child has been located.

Jan. 24, Feb. 11 & Mar. 19 and it did not state anything about Mark being cooperative nor referenced anything about a POI or suspect. I wanted to look at official releases as the press does recycle quotes as they deem fit for a story.

I know. New press releases generally offer additional or updated information. Silence in this regard can only imply that nothing has changed.

I hope you find this Ranch because I don't remember it and would like to see it. The only comment I remember is about wishing he had tried harder to wake him up.

I think that the quote that ColdHands found where Mark said he wishes he had done things differently covers it. Post #760 above. MOO.

I know. New press releases generally offer additional or updated information. Silence in this regard can only imply that nothing has changed.

I don't necessarily interpret it that way because they all state Mark was the last person to be seen with Dylan & that hasn't changed.

ETA - Sometimes silence is golden.

I've gone looking through the press releases since it was brought up that the last few didn't say anything about cooperation. I could only find one release that mentioned cooperation. Have you seen others?

I've gone looking through the press releases since it was brought up that the last few didn't say anything about cooperation. I could only find one release that mentioned cooperation. Have you seen others?

I only look at the last 3 & there was no mention of cooperation.

I don't necessarily interpret it that way because they all state Mark was the last person to be seen with Dylan & that hasn't changed.

ETA - Sometimes silence is golden.

Mark is the last person known to have seen Dylan is an undisputed fact (once the postal carrier sighting was ruled out via press release). It's also an important fact, but not a definitive fact regarding culpability and certainly that fact does not address cooperation in any way.

Mark is the last person known to have seen Dylan is an undisputed fact (once the postal carrier sighting was ruled out via press release). It's also an important fact, but not a definitive fact regarding culpability and certainly that fact does not address cooperation in any way.

True, and it was pointed out in response to your quote "New press releases generally offer additional or updated information. Silence in this regard can only imply that nothing has changed."

Nothing has changed in regards to MR either being the last one with Dylan and yet they continually still put that in there. It is up the individual to interpret / read between the lines, etc.

I only look at the last 3 & there was no mention of cooperation.

So *if* the only one I found is the only one that mentions it, is there some significance in the last 3?

(If anyone else can find more releases mentioning cooperation, would you please post them? Thanks.)

So *if* the only one I found is the only one that mentions it, is there some significance in the last 3?

(If anyone else can find more releases mentioning cooperation, would you please post them? Thanks.)

What was the date you found?

True, and it was pointed out in response to your quote "New press releases generally offer additional or updated information. Silence in this regard can only imply that nothing has changed."

Nothing has changed in regards to MR either being the last one with Dylan and yet they continually still put that in there. It is up the individual to interpret / read between the lines, etc.

Oh. I see now. I was wrong. Sometimes they repeat the major facts of the case.

In thinking about LE establishing some type of an alert system, not an Amber Alert; an alert system for missing children. IMO, it’s next to impossible. As a society, we would become complacent to the alerts. When Amber Alerts were first established, they created the criteria for fear that we would become complacent, fear that LE would use it for all missing children and the system would be abused.

How many children are reported missing each day, only to be “found” at Johnny’s house instead of Jimmy’s house? There are too many factors that would have to be taken in to consideration:

Did the parents check with friends and family?
Do the parents know the friends of the child?
What areas have been searched? School? Playground? Favorite hang out? Mall? Etc.
Have the parents tried to contact the child?
Is the child a runaway? (not discounting a runaway child at all, knowing this could offer direction for LE)

There are so many different factors and variations that need to be taken into consideration. Each case would be unique in and of itself. Just when LE comes up with one set of guidelines, it would change because the situation for some other child caused them to re-evaluate it.

IMO that is exactly why LE acts and reacts specifically based on the information given to them. Information obtained from the parents.

In this case, MR did not display any sense of urgency. He himself (in the MB interview) mentioned that he reported Dylan missing and said that he could have gone fishing or fell in the lake. He wanted them to find him and knock him aside the head and let him know that his dad and friends were trying to get a hold of him. (Paraphrasing).
Why on earth would he think that LE should have some alert system in place? What would they have alerted people of? Who would they alert? The information that they had at the time was the information provided to them by the last person KNOWN to have seen him – MR.

THAT encounter with MR set the wheels in motion and IMO set those wheels in the wrong direction. Based on information obtained by MR, LE conducted a cursory search of his home to verify that Dylan was not there, LE started a search of the immediate area. They had two conflicting reports about Dylan, one from EH who wasn’t there and one from MR who was there.

There are a few studies out there the debate the whole efficacy of the Amber Alert System as it exists now. Does that mean I would argue against it? I don't care how frequently the I get the alerts on my phone or across the emergency broadcast system (or email). Every time, I make note and watch for the child or other description given.

Stranger abduction is rather rare. It's true. Many many children go missing by other means. Yet we only have a written plan to deal with a rare occurance. Yes, I agree with MR. Every community needs to think of new ways to deal with the epidemic of missing children in this country.

Let it be the Dylan Alert.

Yes, and the caller ID feature is pretty common. The media doesn't usually call to tell you that your child has been located.

This was about 5 days after Dylan was reported missing! So you're saying that if he looked at his caller ID and saw it was the media, he should ignore the call?

How about, "Hello media, my son is still missing! Please do every news story you can to let the public know"!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concernedcitizen706