Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that, too. Does he mean that FBI/LE will kill him, or does he think that others (family members) will do this? :waitasec:

I thought he meant the cops will kill him. But now that you mention it...?

Father's brother ... (the other one) .. is on CNN now .. - saying he is tired .. to leave him alone .. what's with all those camera :(

His english is not as good as other brother.

Media is not leaving him alone...

Showing on CNN...

He shut the car now .. and says: OK I ll talk to you .. then you going to leave me alone? :(

Poor man. Nothing he can say will make anyone leave him alone. He just needs to shut the door on media and only talk to LE now. Nothing he can say will make anything better for his family now. This is the legacy those bombers have left their families. Ruined lives.

I heard that, too. Does he mean that FBI/LE will kill him, or does he think that others (family members) will do this? :waitasec:
he means with his broken English more likely something like "his goose is cooked now anyhow".

That basically he is as good as dead .. even if they will capture him alive... -- like what will await him .. surely won't be "fun and games"

The suspect may be hiding out at the uncle's home or at the home of another extended family member.

It's not the medias job to watch those homes. I'm sure LE has been all through it by now, repeatedly.

"The friend who rented a flat to the family said the father, Anzor Tsarnaev, was a talented car mechanic and aspired to open his own garage. But he never mastered English, the friend said, or opened his own workspace. He tried to make ends meet by doing odd repair jobs for $10 an hour.

About two years ago, the father was stricken with brain cancer, and departed to Germany last year for treatment, according to a friend of the family.

The family lived modestly in the top floor of a multifamily house on a side street in Cambridge, the friend said, helped partly by Section 8 housing funds and the largesse of their landlord, an elderly woman who also tutored and helped the family place the children in good local schools. The family got some financial help from Mr. Tsarnaev's brother, who was employed by a western oil company in Kazakhstan, said the family friend.

Both boys were good students, the family friend said, but Tamerlan dropped out of community college and was soon drawn into religious matters, he said. Dzhokhar "had a gentler demeanor," the family friend said, but had also apparently taken a deeper interest in religious affairs.

A spokeswoman for Bunker Hill Community College said Tamerlan Tsarnaev was in an accounting program there but didn't receive a degree or certificate."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323809304578432501435232278.html?mod=wsj_share_tweet
~~~~~

IMO, from a psychological perspective, ironically and tragically, what the uncle Mr. Ruslan Tsarni had called his nephews, Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev -- that they are "losers" or rather, how the two brothers perceived themselves as rejects and losers even by their own uncle, his evidently well-adapted “American” family, and by society at large -- might have been the very trigger that broke the last camel's back and set the two brothers on the path of carnage destruction.

The above quotes from the WSJ article paint a very bleak picture of the two suspects' family life. They were rife with economic hardships -- living on Section 8 government funds, their dad with his limited English needing to scrounge for part-time work for meager $10 per hour jobs to make ends meet -- and their dad suddenly stricken with brain cancer 2 years ago which likely skyrocketed the expenses for the poor family, plus from other media sources, the older brother Tamerlan getting married also 2 years ago and having a child and his abandoning the college accounting program at the same time -- all this must have compounded to the brothers'

already heavily negative view about their "station" and "status" in life in America.

No doubt it must have been hard for the family to adapt to America, notwithstanding the language barriers, but particularly as refugees who already felt unwanted, persecuted, and betrayed by their own motherland Chechnya... One can only imagine how desperate and helpless the brothers must have felt, working so darn hard in school trying to better themselves with education and sports and to adapt to the American way of life, only to find that they appeared to be fighting a losing, uphill battle against circumstances they believed were beyond their control -- their dad's brain cancer, Tamerlan’s wife’s having a child perhaps unexpectedly, perhaps Tamerlan was not excelling in school and not making friends the way he wanted to, etc.

I think it’s the convergence of all these factors that precipitated Tamerlan’s need to find an immediate solution to the family plights and thus he became more radical in their religious anti-American views. He was desperate to find a way out of the hole they were in so he sought refuge in the wrong place – radical extremists. My thinking is that when he left the US last year for 6 months and lived in Russia, he met up with extremists who trained him further in their terrorist tactics. And when he returned to the states, he taught his younger brother, Dzhokhar, and Dzhokhar who was said to adore his older brother Tamerlan, followed Tamerlan’s lead, as is evidenced in the video put out by the FBI in which Dzhokhar tags behind carrying his knapsack of explosives, almost skipping happily behind, Tamerlan.

In many ways, their outraged uncle, Mr. Ruslan Tsarni was correct. The two brothers likely felt like "losers" and outcasts even within their own kins. Tragically, it is this very low self-esteem that might have motivated the brothers to seek power and vengeance against the "cruelty" of an "unjust American society". I think their bombings at the Boston marathon as well as the shootouts last night at MIT and Watertown are the brothers’ “F U” to the world.

I call b s.. My parents were immigrants. They were so poor they couldn't afford to travel back to their home lands for 10 years. My dad left behind everyone and everything. He was 19 years old. He worked at car washes and hard labor jobs. Co workers taunted him and put signs with "kike" on his back be ause rhey resented how hard he worked. wHe had no urge to blow anyone up.

These kids can afford to travel home on various occasions. they were attending prestigious Dartmouth. Sound entitled to me.

I heard four of their very American high school friends talking about how sweet they were and how confusing this is. If those brats were isolated, it was their own doing.

Many people suffer more than there and few kill babies. These two aren't mentally ill. They are evil.

I call b s. my parents were immigrants. They were so poor they couldn't afford to travel back to their home lands for 10 years. My dad left behind everyone and everything. He was 19 years old. He worked at car washes and hard labor jobs. Co workers taunted him and put signs with "kike" on his back be ause rhey resented how hard he worked. wHe had no urge to blow anyone up.

These kids can afford to travel home on various occasions. they were attending prestigious Dartmouth. Sound entitled to me.

I heard four of their very American high school friends talking about how sweet they were and how confusing this is. If those brats were isolated, it was their own doing.

Many people suffer more than there and few kill babies. These two aren't mentally ill. They are evil.

Not Dartmouth. u mass Dartmouth, totally diff. Not a bad school, but not Dartmouth. :)

The fact that they found more explosives and pipe bombs in their apartment, along with the fact that they had explosives and grenades on them last night, tells me they weren't done after the Boston attacks.

The videos of the family are very compelling. These people are NOT afraid to speak their mind! I feel bad for them, they are so expressive regarding the situation (which is very rare for family members in these situations).

About the bombing - the father says: "Whoever did it is a *advertiser censored*."

I understand denial but I fear this father is going to cause problems with what he's saying.

snipped

amen...they ARE EVIL.

Russian security services showed up during the interview and took the father away.
Why would they do that? They don't want him talking either?

It's not the medias job to watch those homes. I'm sure LE has been all through it by now, repeatedly.

I call b s.. My parents were immigrants. They were so poor they couldn't afford to travel back to their home lands for 10 years. My dad left behind everyone and everything. He was 19 years old. He worked at car washes and hard labor jobs. Co workers taunted him and put signs with "kike" on his back be ause rhey resented how hard he worked. wHe had no urge to blow anyone up.

I agree with the b.s.

Thank you for sharing about your family. I am so sorry things were so hard on them. I really am.

I think this family knows how to work the system, and may be trying to hide the surviving perp via connections.

Sorry, but that is what I got from listening to them and seeing the history that we know of so far.

About the bombing - the father says: "Whoever did it is a *advertiser censored*."

I understand denial but I fear this father is going to cause problems with what he's saying.

I don't think he will cause problems. He is still in Russia right?
imo

They showed bombers' father's interview on CNN .. few minutes ago...

from Dagestan, Russia .. he is in some appartment there by the looks of it...

Pretty sure he said that his brother is a great lawyer ... didn't he?

If so, probably the one with the better English .. I guess :)

I really think these 2 thought they wouldn't be caught. Had no idea. Thought they'd just go back to being students. I mean when did they release the photos yesterday, 2, 3:00? By 10:30 they are shooting it up with the police.

Why are they detonating their house? I'm not getting that. Can't they tell if its wired or not?

I took it to mean what was found in the house. Not the house itself.

Did they just say they were in separate vehicles last night? They needed $$ and a different car to get out. They would have been fine living as they did, but they were made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlop