The Trash Bag in Casey's Trunk

Question? With all the circumstancial evidence suurounding this case, would the GP's who never saught legal guardianship of Caylee ( remember CA lied to FBI about seeing her lawyer to get legal rights to representation of Caylee in case a father showed up ) be told there are remains of Caylee before their daughters trial?

OT: If he holds on to the letters can they be supeoned as evidence ? They were written to others,not JB ,so it wouldn't be attorney /client privelage ,would it?
That, I wouldn't have a clue about, maybe one of our legal eagles here knows!

LP stated this on NG weeks ago- LP claims the guy from the tow company took the bag out of KC's trunk when GA opened it, and threw the bag over the fence. Later that night the tow guy retrieved the bag and turned it over to LE. LP claims there was decomp on the outside of the bag. (Probably the trash bag from AL's apt.) (KC may have stolen AL's trash to try and make excuse for the stench in the trunk)
LE must have gotten results back.

This is the evidence that the defense wants to suppress I am sure...

If LE found actual tissue samples from Caylee's decomposing body, there would have been no need to do the air sample tests.
Interesting point. Perhaps they DO have tissue samples. Since this "air sample"technology is so new--it would be great to work it into trials as much as possible. If the tissue DNA is Caylee--then the air sample is just icing on the cake. It validates the technology.

It has been edited

TY JB. As I stated, I'm not very good at adding links, er uh I can't even remember how to cut and paste.
But this is something that has been driving me nuts and IMO it wasn't discussed in great length and possibly was over looked by many.
Wanted to bring it to the forefront for discussion as the pre trial nears.

If LE found actual tissue samples from Caylee's decomposing body, there would have been no need to do the air sample tests.

New technology has to start coming into court at some point.What better way than in conjunction with other forensic evidence that supports the findings. It just seems with the strong stench there would be something still in the car.

Interesting point. Perhaps they DO have tissue samples. Since this "air sample"technology is so new--it would be great to work it into trials as much as possible. If the tissue DNA is Caylee--then the air sample is just icing on the cake. It validates the technology.

Or, they had the computer searches come back first, and this was just a way to prove the premeditation. Maybe they thought to themselves that if they find any source of chloroform, they could nail her!

ITA! The more evidence they have the better. I think they would still do the air test just one more test to show the jury:) I will wait and see Im not sure what LP says is true or not:) But IMO the state has more then their sharing with us:)

I think LP said this on the NG show. I can't remember when. But he did state this and went into a full couple of sentences rather than a quick snippet.

I do remember him saying this on NG awhile back...

You said it better than did ,but it makes sense.

I don't think they have to tell Baez anything. I think they only have to provide 'discovery' and given that JB hasn't picked up certain items from LE and the fact that he has not called in experts to review evidence I would venture to say that JB may well know.

Additionally - JB perhaps would not tell the As - their constant tips and such feeds reasonable doubt which he needs plenty of to get his client off. Additionally - due to attorney/client privilege, he cannot tell anything specifically if it would affect the defense of his client or the ability for his client to get a fair trial.

Discovery rules are very clear and strict. They have to give Baez anything that will be presented in court against her. Failure to do so would give her a very legitimate appeal right. Baez cannot ask for what he doesn't know exists.

They do not have a body. There are also very clear rules about notification of next of kin. If for some reason this version was true and they have a body and JB and Casey we would see defense moving towards trying to establish a story line that Zanny killed Caylee.

Not to mention to find a body, identify it and keep it quiet... think about how many people would be involved. The ones that found her, the CSI group, the medical examiners office, the people who have prepared and seen the reports. There would be a death certificate. There is no way that could be kept quiet. And LE is getting battered over where the body is and whether she is really dead and whether they should be looking at live sightings. Once next of kin is notified they have no requirement to be quiet. If they could hold a press conference and say unfortunately this case has gone exactly as we feared, we have found the remains of Caylee Anthony. We cannot comment on any details at this point, all additional comments will have to be made by the prosecutors office..... why wouldn't they do that?

I honestly believe now that is all makes sense about the last searches coming to an abrupt halt. LE first told Tim, then they finally must have told Leonard. They know much more than they are telling the public and it involves the body. They must either know where it is, or have enough of it that it doesn't matter anymore. Either way I think that KC is TOAST!! I can't wait to hear what they know! I don't think Leonard is a liar and I don't think he would have given up his search had he not been told.

But if LE had this (which I believe they do) it was BEFORE Tim came back for his last Grand Cayleepaloosa search! So I don't think TM left because of that. No reason he would've come at all. And as much as I don't like how TM handled the packing up or the statements he's made since, I don't think he would come out and lie and say she would never be found. Yea, we can nitpick and defend and say well, he said her *body* would never be found - but he implied that NONE of her would be found.

I disagree that Tim quit looking because of this.

Or, they had the computer searches come back first, and this was just a way to prove the premeditation. Maybe they thought to themselves that if they find any source of chloroform, they could nail her!

that too!:Justice:

ITA! The more evidence they have the better. I think they would still do the air test just one more test to show the jury:) I will wait and see Im not sure what LP says is true or not:) But IMO the state has more then their sharing with us:)

Exactly, and if nothing else tells the story, LE called off the search for Caylee. The only way they would do that is to know with certainty that she is dead, the have evidence, and more evidence to back it up IMHO.

The documents show that it happened the opposite way. The body farm told them the test were coming back for extremely high levels of chloroform, much higher than expected to be seen in decomp. Yuri asked the computer people to look for chloroform searches which led to all the stuff they found in March.

Question? With all the circumstancial evidence suurounding this case, would the GP's who never saught legal guardianship of Caylee ( remember CA lied to FBI about seeing her lawyer to get legal rights to representation of Caylee in case a father showed up ) be told there are remains of Caylee before their daughters trial?

It would be a courtesy, but given their disbelief of anything coming from LE, I would guess that they would continue to ignore. They are not, however, owed information. They are not the next of kin. It would be information given to Casey.

Exactly, and if nothing else tells the story, LE called off the search for Caylee. The only way they would do that is to know with certainty that she is dead, the have evidence, and more evidence to back it up IMHO.

They would call off the search because they don't have the funding and manpower to continue looking without any knowledge of where to look.

I wonder if LE legally could've told Tim not to come last time? Maybe they just couldn't because he's not part of law enforcement. Although supposedly they gave him areas to search so this whole thing is totally confusing.

Edit: okay, I just answered my own question. Even if LE has partial of Caylee, say a piece of her scalp, which is what I think LP mentioned on NG, they still would want the body and be grateful for a TM search. Never mind.

The documents show that it happened the opposite way. The body farm told them the test were coming back for extremely high levels of chloroform, much higher than expected to be seen in decomp. Yuri asked the computer people to look for chloroform searches which led to all the stuff they found in March.

Thank you, I missed that part!

The tow yard guy wasn't the one that retrieved the bag from the dumpster. At 6am the morning after it was tossed in the dumpster, tow yard guy went outside to get it...it was gone. He called LE they told him they had retrieved it at around 2-2:30am that morning. If I'm not mistaken Yuri M. was the one that went and got the bag out of the dumpster.
You are correct. LE did retrieve the bag from the dumpster.

Common sense should tell you that there would be remains or DNA on the outside of that garbage bag if it were laying in the trunk with Caylee's remains. GA stated that the bag was on the left side of the trunk while the stain was in the middle. I don't expect to find anything on the inside of garbage taken from Tony's apartment. I believe LP was 100% correct.

We do know there were bodily fluids, blood etc. taken from the trunk of that car. The maggots and decomp would be on the outside of the bag where the decomp occurred, imo. (There WAS no pizza.)

Blood, bodily fluids, hair with banding, etc. are all considered to be part of Caylee's remains.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosthrough
Back