The Trash Bag in Casey's Trunk

I think it is best for you not to be rude. Not sure why you are so angry. I have a blog where I write about this case in detail and I may have missed the reports about finding blood and fluid, however there is no need for you to get so upset.

I personally have never read anything like that. sorry that upset you so.

You were spot on anyway mendara .:blowkiss:

It was said in the media repeatedly. NOT the documents. I have every single document thats been released stored on my pc, and there has been no mention of testing /results on the stain SO FAR. but I'm sure we will learn about it soon enough.

Back to the topic now. Here's a pic of the trash bag and its contents from the investigative report.

It says ....."Although there were food items inside, as well as small flies and maggots, the smell of the trash was distinctly different from the smell coming from within the car. The trash did not smell like the inside of the car, but the odor of decomposition did carry over to the trashbag. Note that the trash bag contained a pizza box, but no pizza"

I think they reference the contents again later in the document, but I'm too tired to look for it now. Might be nice to get to sleep before 3am for a change. :)

ETA: The little coat-hanger stands right out to me. Great! How am I gonna sleep now? Why did I have to look at the pic again?
Did she buy a special dress for caylee? Did she have to replace a dress?
ok...I'm really going to bed now.

trashbag-1.png

Is there any link or way to make the pix bigger??? Oh my, first I saw this.......and the small hanger! makes me wonder what all the other stuff is.......DNA all over the stuff???

Why did she have items from Tony's house in the bag? Tony said most of the trashw as form his house. Why would she take his trash and leave it in her car?

It was said in the media repeatedly. NOT the documents. I have every single document thats been released stored on my pc, and there has been no mention of testing /results on the stain SO FAR. but I'm sure we will learn about it soon enough.

The 'air' testing that was done was carried out on the carpet samples themselves, not the air in the trunk. I would therefore assume that the samples used would have included the stained area and so the odour/chemical analysis results suggestive of possible human decomposition are from the stain IMO.

Why did she have items from Tony's house in the bag? Tony said most of the trashw as form his house. Why would she take his trash and leave it in her car?

Possibly, so that if she were stopped it would look like a trunk full of trash bags. But, when she dumped the one with Caylee in it, she kept the one frome AL's. If she had dumped them both together and they had been discovered possibly something in AL's bag could have led them back to his apt.?:waitasec:

Possibly, so that if she were stopped it would look like a trunk full of trash bags. But, when she dumped the one with Caylee in it, she kept the one frome AL's. If she had dumped them both together and they had been discovered possibly something in AL's bag could have led them back to his apt.?:waitasec:

That is a really smart thought. I strongly believe Caylee was dump in the dumpster by Amscot (it is awful to believe that) either that or thrwon into the water from a bridge (but she would wash up).

My guess is only to try to cover the smell. She would probably just say it was rotten pizza. LOL Oh wait...they did try that one only to find out there was no pizza.

I thought GA was describing what was in the trunk, not in the bag. I thought he said when he opened the trunk all he saw was a garbage bag, white almost transparent kitchen type with a pizza box in it, A&H laundry det. and maggots.
This may be further into the thread.... IF the car was cleaned by the A's before LE picked it up, the maggots were surely removed.

I am inferring from your statement that not ALL the trash was tony's. Is that right? If so, then I think the answer is simple. She took the (half full) trash bag out to clean out her car. That could explain the small hanger and other items that weren't his. It was probably in her car. When she was done cleaning out the car, she tied up the bag and put it in the trunk. Maybe she intended on driving it to the dumpster, but never got around to it. (or like others have said, she purposely left it there hoping for an explanation for the smell.)

The 'air' testing that was done was carried out on the carpet samples themselves, not the air in the trunk. I would therefore assume that the samples used would have included the stained area and so the odour/chemical analysis results suggestive of possible human decomposition are from the stain IMO.

Yes we can all assume, it just isnt fact yet. The report does not say they tested the section of carpet that contained the stain. Although i do believe they have tested it, and havent released it yet.
And imo the odor analysis is not even close to conclusive. The main chemical compound asociated with human decomp is fluoride which was not present. They theorize that it because she may not have had enough time for it to be absorbed into tissue and bone but that too is a theory. It has not been studied.
I've found research that says fingernails can be used as the biomarker for floride in children as young as three.

Yes we can all assume, it just isnt fact yet. The report does not say they tested the section of carpet that contained the stain. Although i do believe they have tested it, and havent released it yet.
And imo the odor analysis is not even close to conclusive. The main chemical compound asociated with human decomp is fluoride which was not present. They theorize that it because she may not have had enough time for it to be absorbed into tissue and bone but that too is a theory. It has not been studied.
I've found research that says fingernails can be used as the biomarker for floride in children as young as three.

I agree that the report does not state that the carpet samples tested included the stained area, but IMO it would be entirely logical, when analysing the chemical compound of an odour emanating from a carpet that has a stain on it, to test the stain itself.

If my granddaughter were missing and LE found the remains months later and didn't tell me... I'd be HIGHLY P-O'D. Wouldn't you?? That's lawsuit city right there.

I don't know what grounds the Ants could use to pursue a lawsuit. LE is known to have paid the family a visit to share the information that confirmed Caylee's demise.

The Ants have continued to spread stories about Caylee sitings, stating they believe Caylee to be alive. They don't believe the "evidence" is the remains of Caylee.

Since whatever LE has doesn't in anyway resemble Caylee the way she looked the last time her gps saw her, what would be the point of LE telling them again? Maybe the plan is to just let it play out in court or have KC take a plea bargain and force the gps to live with the results.

I know that sounds kind of harsh, but LE didn't want to find Caylee's remains, they wanted Caylee to be alive and well, stashed away somewhere with a babysitter. This is not an option that KC left open to them and they too were forced to deal with whatever KC left behind. I'm sure it broke the heart of many a LEO too.

I don't know what grounds the Ants could use to pursue a lawsuit. LE is known to have paid the family a visit to share the information that confirmed Caylee's demise.

The Ants have continued to spread stories about Caylee sitings, stating they believe Caylee to be alive. They don't believe the "evidence" is the remains of Caylee.

Since whatever LE has doesn't in anyway resemble Caylee the way she looked the last time her gps saw her, what would be the point of LE telling them again? Maybe the plan is to just let it play out in court or have KC take a plea bargain and force the gps to live with the results.

I know that sounds kind of harsh, but LE didn't want to find Caylee's remains, they wanted Caylee to be alive and well, stashed away somewhere with a babysitter. This is not an option that KC left open to them and they too were forced to deal with whatever KC left behind. I'm sure it broke the heart of many a LEO too.

Can you post (or direct me to) a link to the report that LE has visited the A family to share the evidence of Caylee's death with them? I don't recall seeing that anywhere.

TIA :)

I agree that the report does not state that the carpet samples tested included the stained area, but IMO it would be entirely logical, when analysing the chemical compound of an odour emanating from a carpet that has a stain on it, to test the stain itself.

I agree. But so much has been stated as fact (not by you personally), when they are based on assumptions or speculation we've heard in the media.

I like the 'Just the facts Maam' approach myself.

I'm in no way saying its not there. logically it would have been tested, but I'm just not going to delve into anything until confirmed by official documents.

Is there any link or way to make the pix bigger??? Oh my, first I saw this.......and the small hanger! makes me wonder what all the other stuff is.......DNA all over the stuff???

I believe Simon B said something was on the bag but not in the bag. And LE stated the odor was on the outside of the bag, the smell (not to be confused with the odor) in the bag was different.

Don't get yourself too upset by that little hanger, remember she bought undies and bras for herself, there was nothing on the receipts to indicate any purchases for Caylee during the whole time frame in question. Chances are that was from something for KC.

Simon B indicated he was concerned by the bag initially, because of it's size. But then expressed relief when he picked it up and found it to have almost no weight, saying it contained a lot of paper, some pizza crust and maybe a pizza box.

It is speculated KC tossed the bag in her trunk, then tossed a different bag into the dumpster. I think that is giving her too much credit. I believe she had the bag in her trunk in case she had to explain the odor in her car to anyone, being able to say 'oh look, I forgot to throw this bag in the dumpster' giggle giggle 'I can be such an air head.'

This is the best I can do...otherwise it gets distorted. The fact that its black and white doesnt help much either. But you can try saving it to your pc and opening it paintshop, or whatever program you use to zoom. Windows picture and fax viewer zooms really well without much distortion, I've found.
trashx2.png

This is the best I can do...otherwise it gets distorted. The fact that its black and white doesnt help much either. But you can try saving it to your pc and opening it paintshop, or whatever program you use to zoom. Windows picture and fax viewer zooms really well without much distortion, I've found.
trashx2.png

thankyou so much, wish we could see a list of items retrieved.............we will later, I guess

Can you post (or direct me to) a link to the report that LE has visited the A family to share the evidence of Caylee's death with them? I don't recall seeing that anywhere.

TIA :)

Devon I'm sorry I can't. I read it after the fact, in one or more media report. It supposedly happened before LE proclaimed they believed Caylee was deceased, after they had gotten reports back from the FBI. I was shocked when I saw it because nothing had been said at the time. There was no statement or reaction from the family. I just took it in stride as being part of the Ants continued refusal to accept what has happened and who is responsible.

Ant Family line up :Benny_monkeysmilies:crazy:

Do you have a magnifier in your accessories? That helps a little, but being black and white, and the angle of the shot aren't good.

I understand, but according to kageykaren LP said to her that possibly the body was found (or some part of it). In fact, here's her direct quote:

"After we shared our experiences in this area LP stated the LE know where her body is and possibly ( just conjecture not fact ) may have the body or parts." I take from this that what has possibly been found is more than bodily fluids... it's the product of the searches they've been doing... bones, perhaps.

missymybaby, when you say LE paid them a visit to show them the information that confirmed Caylee's demise, are you talking about the air samples, etc and the chemical results that we've seen from the body farm?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back