Theories #1: What Happened to Jennifer Kesse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriouslysearching, do you really believe the OPD hasn't talked to her co-workers? And to her ex-bf? All the guys who were at her apartment while Jennifer was on vacation? I mean, we know they talked to her non-fiancee/current bf.
Talked to...yes. Interrogated...no. There is a difference. Did they ask the right questions? Did they follow up with checking out alibis and other ways to rule them out as suspects? With Rob, they may well have done that...but with others I am not confident enough in their investigation to believe it happened. They did a poor job of working this case from the beginning and it cost them in the long run because they never found the one piece to lead them to the truth.

I should say something about the person who parked Jennifer's car. I've never believed the dogs who sniffed the scent the whole way back to Jennifer's apartment. Overall, and this goes to many cases, I'm not a huge believer in the ability of dogs. They make mistakes as much as they succeed.

The most recent evidence of this is the Teleka Patrick case: The dogs tracked her scent to the highway, leading investigators to believe she got picked up by someone. Whereas, it turned out Teleka went the entirely opposite direction and drowned in the lake. Plus, I've read one too many stories about police manipulating their search dogs--in drug cases for example--so as to get search warrants when the warrant wouldn't be possible otherwise. Not to mention the now very famous case of a woman who planted evidence so her dog would find it, making them look like saviors of some type.

So, I'm dubious. I know dogs can be trained and I love animals. But we we really don't know what's going on in their heads, even if they're our best friend.
While I agree the dogs have credibility issues and I am aware of the trainer who spiked the field, but to have a dog go straight back to the apartments (disagreement on where the dog tracked to if it was the parking space or the staircase) is pretty uncanny. It would be questionable if the dog went anywhere else, imo.

I have always felt the person was inside her apartment at some point. Could he have doubled back to pick up something? Did he have a bicycle waiting there? There are a few reasons for him to return and he was quite casual about things such as dropping off the car so near to where she lived.

Also...if it was someone in their immediate circle...were they told the family was on the way to Orlando? Did Logan call his buddies to give them a heads up that something was wrong and ask if any had heard from Jennifer? If not, why not?

If we inject the ex-bf theory...it seems to be able to open up the possibilities of what we do know already. We know it was not a robbery. We know it was not forced entry. And we know the car was left within walking distance of the apartment. If ex-bf was drinking at the Blue Martini across the way, where was he staying? Did he live in Orlando? What did he do for a living at the time? What clothes did he wear for work? Who did he hang out with? So many questions we do not have the answers to yet.

We had discussed a scenario similar to this in the beginning and how someone who had been jealous would feel seeing Jenn's apartment with signs of her new love everywhere in photos and knowing she had gone on a romantic getaway with him. Drew brought it up about how the ex was rather obsessed with getting her back and how out of control he was that very night. It just fits, doesn't it?

First off, glad to see deep discussion on Jen in in sense. CanMan thanks for bringing up the Ex-BF and Fasteddy, truly great insight. Just a couple of thoughts I want to share and discuss.

Ex-BF was a half mile away at an EPENSIVE night club, (been to that one) drunk and it was his phone that he left at Jen's apartment to get dropped off that same night??? Correct me if im wrong but I thought that was the original plot of why she would have left the apartment, to drop off the phone to a ups dropbox. Why mail a phone when he's literally 5 blocks away unless it was a story... A way to meet up. Maybe one last fling, or a breaking off like stated by Fast Eddy. Doesn't that sound like alarm bells?

Also the location of the dropped of Malibu (Jen's Car), wouldn't that fit everything we are talking about if he dropped the car off then headed back to his vehicle?

I guess I just need verification that the phone jen was to drop off was the ex's because that would make no sense. No theft of her belongings make me think it was a crime of passion. What say you guys.. reaction!!!!

*EDIT I see it was the third friends phone.. not the boyfriend.. hmm

I am just as surprised as everyone else by the whole new ex-bf angle. <modsnip> Shin Masamura correctly pointed out that Blue Martini is an expensive club. It's located in a tourist hotspot where traffic is heavy and roads can be confusing. Unless he lived close to the bar (and therefore close to Jen), I am even more suspicious about him being there that night. It's not the type of bar that a local would normally choose to get "drunk as a skunk". I wonder if he was there with anyone? so many questions.

I've been thinking long and hard about this ex-bf thing. And I'm gonna put something out there: I'm wondering if the Kesse's put that ex-bf information out into the public on purpose. Because here's a fact: They've probably known about his location that night since the day Jennifer disappeared or at least shortly after that. And as I said in an earlier posting: The only way a piece of information like that is unknown to the public--like all of us here--is if it is hidden on purpose, not on accident. So, follow me on this . . .

At the time of Jennifer's disappearance over 8 years ago, the Kesse's agree to keep that piece of info under wraps because they don't want the ex-bf to be unfairly accused. He's best friends with Jennifer's brother. He's a good kid. Somebody shouldn't be judged because they happen to be so close to where somebody disappeared. There were workers who leered at Jennifer in her complex on different occasions. There were allegedly better suspects out there. Yada, yada, yada.

But now, 8 years later, the Kesse's have to be looking at what's transpired since then just like we are:
--whoever did this hasn't been caught.
--despite trying, the OPD hasn't been able to pin Jennifer's disappearance on any other criminals they've caught since then.
--although people disappear in Orlando and all across the nation, Jennifer's disappearance is particuarly unique to Orlando. (In fact, the closet case the OPD said it was similar to was Tara Grinstead's disappearance.)
--nothing of any note has happened in Jennifer's complex since when she disappeared.
--the workers in that complex have since moved on and I'm guessing haven't committed any kidnappings or any major crimes.
--the police have interviewed/interrogated co-workers of Jennifer's with no success.
--I know there's been some digging here and there over the years but there hasn't been a big break in the case for years.

So, the Kesse's look at this list of facts and say: Hmmmmmmm. And the wheels start to turn. Why? Because they have to know that the more and more unique a case gets, the more likely the crime was committed by someone unique to the person who is the victim. Thus, the ex-bf--someone they disregarded as a suspect all those years ago. Someone they dismissed because they thought they knew him. Suddenly becomes unique to Jennifer's case.

They may have defended him all these years because the Kesse's believed the workers did it or a crazed psycho did it. Etc. But all that has been looked into with not a lot of results.

I think this could explain how the fact was introduced in Greta's show. I said it in my earlier post: It was so passive-aggressive, "By the way, did you know the ex-bf was right down the street. And he was drunk. And still had feelings for Jennifer. BUT, we don't believe he had anything to do with her disappearance." Then, why bring it up? It's like answering a question that hasn't been asked. It's like they wanted to point the finger at him while continuing to defend him at the same time as to seem like they're on his side. I wonder if during one of their recent late-night talks Mr. Kesse said to Mrs. Kesse: Can I ask you something . . . do you think Jennifer's ex-bf had something to do with her disappearance? To which Mrs. Kesse says: I'm glad you said it first but yes, I've thought that for a while but was afraid to say anything.

I don't know. Maybe it's just a crazy Friday night but this is usually how things go even when they don't include disappearances. It's like an unspoken truth that everyones afraid to say.

I also look at this way: If I was that ex-bf, and I knew I had nothing to do with Jennifer's disappearance, I would be so freaking pissed right now. Here I've been loyal. I've been a close friend. I've gone on searches. Etc., Etc., Etc., and the Kesse's after all these years expose a fact on national tv that makes me look suspicious? I'd be thinking: What kind of thanks is that?

But the Kesse's did it anyway . . . That tells me something.

So, if I realize this (me of slightly above avg mind), then the Kesse's have to realize this. I think the Kesse's have really begun to eliminate the possibilities and the possible assailant list is getting very, very short. Not sayin' the ex-bf did it but it tells me something when the disappeared girl's parents air a suspicious fact--that the public didn't know--on national tv and undermine one of their son's best friends.

Of course, this was done on purpose. They have protected this secret from Day One and here we are 8 years later before they "let it slip" on a national forum. Yes, it was very poorly disguised as "matter of fact info" when it was anything but!

Jennifer was truly successful. She had already moved on from him in more ways than one. He could clearly see it wherever he looked: Her condo, her new bf, her lifestyle in general, and she was happy. The weekend would have been like rubbing salt in his wound. Could it get much worse for a man who was obsessing over an old flame who had it all?! There is motive written all over that scenario.

Now we find not only motive, but he also had means and opportunity! He could have easily found a way to get Jennifer alone that night/early morning since he was only across the street. Here are some plausible excuses:

1) The other guy's phone "Could I pick up/you bring me his phone and I will see him tomorrow to return it so you don't have to mail it?"

2) Too drunk to drive "Could you please give me a ride to where I am staying since I am too drunk to drive?" Or "Could I come crash at your place until I sober up?"

3) Shows up on her doorstep drunk "Please let me in until I can sober up a little! I promise to be gone by morning."

4) Invited her for drinks with him and she picks him up to go somewhere else. (She had a fight with Rob earlier.) Something happened between them while away from the area.

None of these scenarios would be terribly difficult for him to pull off, imo. She wasn't afraid of him. (Or was she? We have no way to know since their relationship was kept a secret.)

I think it would explain a lot missing from this case. Maybe other things came to the Kesses and the light bulb moment was in a later detail that surfaced. The pieces could have started falling into place. I do wish they had not guarded that information and wasted all these years protecting someone who should have warranted heavy scrutiny immediately. smh

Seriouslysearching, the problem we have is there's no proof the two communicated that night. I'm not saying there's not a record, all I'm saying is we as the public have no records. And as much as the police have been criticized in this case I have to believe within the last 8yrs at least one cop took a look at Jennifer's phone records--seeing the ex-bf's number on it late that Monday night would raise all sorts of red flags.

Second, there's no evidence anything violent took place in Jennifer's apartment. There's the wet/non-wet towel, there's her unmade bed, there's her clothes laid out for the next day of work, but nothing broken, nothing missing, nothing re-arranged, no carpet stains, etc.

Another point I wonder about: Was the ex-bf at the Blue Martini alone? How "George Thoroughgood" of him . . . Hey, I like meeting women as much as the next single guy but going to place like that alone--on a Monday night, of all times--seems extremely desperate to me. What I know about my fellow men is we don't go to places like that alone. Starbuck's? Yes. Some locals hangout where we might run into people we know? Sure. The movies? Why not. But a touristy place in a mall on a Monday night? I don't know . . . seems strange. No better way to give women the creeps by showing you go out to places like that alone--all it shows is you have no friends.

I guess if I thought about it enough I could convince myself that he was using the Blue Martini as a staging area before going over to Jennifer's. But to know more about all of this we'd have to know how they broke up. Why they broke up. What was their interaction after they broke up. Even better: If the ex-bf dated other women after, what did he say about Jennifer to those women--because we all talk about ex's on dates given the proximity to her that night.

Here's another thing I know: If he was the ex-husband instead of the ex-bf, and they'd had a messy divorce with each of them fighting for the kids, he would be suspect #1 given his proximity to her that night.

Continuing . . . the problem we have with the ex-bf scenario is I'm taking for granted he's not 5'4" and he's not the person in the video.

So, let's see if I have this correct (as a hypothesis): The ex-bf is extremely jealous. He can't stop thinking about Jennifer with her bf on that vacation. She comes back. The ex-bf wants to "make her his". He gets a few in him at the Blue Martini. He goes to her place. Maybe she offers to drive him home (who knows how it all goes down). Something bad happens and the ex-bf disposes of Jennifer's body somewhere--who knows where.

So, the ex-bf plans this all himself. Then allows somebody else to take Jennifer's car? After the ex-bf instigating this conspiracy of one, he introduces another person in the plot at the worst possible time? That part of the theory sounds weak.

Even if he leaves Jennifer's car somewhere else with the keys in it, hoping somebody "steals" it, he has no idea who might take it. Maybe the police will find it first before somebody wanting to take it on a joyride hijacks it.

Maybe the ex-bf pays somebody off to take the car? That's like the worst of all choices. Even a billion dollars might not be enough for someone to keep their mouth shut should the person get caught stealing and parking the car.

A friend of the ex-bf's? Well, Jennifer's brother is friends with the ex-bf. Wouldn't the brother know this 5'4" guy too?

In fact, the best thing the ex-bf could've done (if he did it) is leave Jennifer's car in her complex's parking lot, if possible. And if that wasn't possible, he should've disposed of the car himself--why take the chance somebody else might mess it up and get caught? Furthermore, who parked that car came THIS CLOSE to getting caught. If it weren't for those bars on the fence, we can see the guy/girl's face.

I think this is something we'll need to make sense of if we're going to believe the ex-bf was the perpetrator in this case.

Okay, one more "continuing" . . . I try to put myself in the ex-bf's shoes if I had indeed committed this crime. For example, I lived in Vegas for 13 and 1/2 years. Worked on the Strip for a majority of them. I'm a fairly streetwise guy. But had I done something like this I would've been totally clueless on how to find someone to park the car of a person I just murdered.

Whereas, if the ex-bf did it, he found someone to park her car in a matter of hours?

It leads me to the following questions:
1. Does the ex-bf have a job where he runs into people who dispose of cars?
2. Does the ex-bf have a turbulent past of his own regarding run-ins with the law?
3. Has he been in jail for a day or two where he might've run into the 5'4" guy?
4. Does he know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who might want to be involved in a crime like this?

I think those questions have to be answered.

Be careful with the ex-boyfriend here, please. LE has not named him a POI/suspect so he is not sleuthable. Keeping him unnamed, you can discuss what the Kesse's said, but don't take it further than that on these public threads.

Some interesting information, that is not open to WS sleuthing at this point.

Salem

No problem, Administrator. I don't wanna be Icarus.

Let's try something else: Are all of us on here very sure that the disappearance of Jennifer involved more than one person? Why? Because I just don't see a 5'4" guy--allegedly the height of the person parking the car--overwhelming her. What was she--5'7"? It's just hard for me to imagine.

Likewise, if Jennifer's disappearance did involve some kind of "other man", can we safely say the man wasn't 5'4" . . . Women rarely get involved with men shorter than they are.

So, I think any way you cut it, more than one person--man or woman--was involved. This, by the way, is what, among all the other stuff, makes the case so maddening--it was almost certainly a conspiracy of more than one. But somehow, after all these years, those involved have managed to not let anything leak. Even if it were a bunch of the workers at Jennifer's complex, you'd think somebody would've talked by now.

I hate to say it but I'm a bit impressed by their silence whoever caused Jennifer to disappear--it's longer than most conspirators have kept their mouths shut.

I will never be convinced the guy was 5' 4". Sorry. I believe they were inaccurate on that point and he was taller. LE was off on many things so it only adds to the list.

Who knew Jennifer was not returning on Sunday night and instead going straight to work on Monday morning? Did Logan and his friends know this? One would think it would be normal for a person to come home then get up for work. Did he stick around waiting for her to come home after the other boys had left Orlando? (Too bad we can't ask, "Where was he living at the time? Where was he working & what did they wear?".)

I can see him sitting at the Blue Martini Monday night in some hope he could find a way to see her since she was so close. He didn't have other things on his mind like worrying about being alone. He was growing agitated and out of control according to Drew as the night went on...and his focus was Jennifer. He could have either called on the land line (I need to go back and read about the land line) or simply knocked on her door. My guess is he did not have her cell number. (What he did have was complete access to her condo and all her things for the whole weekend and one reason he was so out of control. It only added fuel to his obsessive fire. The lack of a forensic exam of her laptop has always bothered me.)

Could ex-bf have found an extra key or had one made over the weekend from Logan's? Could he have easily left a window unlocked to access her condo? I see no reason for there to be signs of forced entry or a struggle. She trusted him.

The beauty of him being a guest there all weekend was his DNA, hair, and prints would be all over her condo and surrounding area. The car was wiped down. No evidence to connect him to her disappearance.

No doubt the luckiest person in the world is the person dropping off the car, but for there to be no evidence in the car means that person was aware of the significance of the action. I think it was the same one who took Jennifer. Too much of a risk. Two people can't keep a secret this long.

I don't think the Kesse's are putting a spin on anything. I don't think that is fair to a grieving family. I don't think they give or gave a hoot in the past about Jennifer coming off as "unseemly". Sorry, but I think that is really reaching.
I also don't think meeting up with an ex for a drink while you are dating someone else is very scandalous for a young woman. I don't think her family would have given a flying fig, they just want to know where Jennifer is.
LE focused on Jennifer's boyfriend and cleared him. I would assume they also looked at any exes as well, but who knows. Who was this ex? Was he looked at? Cleared?
I would be very interested to know.
I really hope people don't go down the path of the family holding back or painting too rosy of a picture. Maybe it's hard for some people to believe, but there are people out there who come from caring families who get along. Not everyone has some dark side that their family would try to hide. Yes, believe it or not, Jennifer may actually have been a hard working girl from a loving family who ran into some kind of trouble. Sorry, this isn't a show on Investigation Discovery.

Also, if the Kesses kept mum on the ex being in the vicinity, it was probably to protect the integrity of the investigation, not because the guy was a friend of her brother 's and a "nice guy".
The Kesses want to find Jennifer and I think it is ludicrous to think they would protect someone just because they know the person. Lets give the Kesses some credit!
It's unfortunate that when a case goes cold (at least to the public) that people start pointing fingers and saying that the family is hiding information or protecting suspects. The Kesses are not responsible for what happened to Jennifer! They aren't holding back some magical information that would solve the case.

mysterymaven, not sure who your comments are directed at but I'm going to take for granted at least some of them are pointed at me and my assessments, so if I may (and I will tread lightly as to not get booted from here since I know the Administrator is watching) . . .

Not for 1 second do I believe the Kesse's have protected (i.e. deflected attention away from) any possible suspect in this case. My point has been this: After over 8 years of not one new piece of evidence, I'm saying it wouldn't be unusual for the family to start re-assessing pre-conceived notions they have about Jennifer's disappearance. This isn't unusual. It's not rare. Families, cops, and people who follow this stuff do that all the time in any case as years pass and no one is caught. And since going way back to 2006 the focal point of this case has been Jennifer's complex workers, it could be very easily understandable that the Kesse's bought in to this popular theory, especially given Jennifer's prior statements about those men leering at her. Makes total 100% sense.

In any case, the worker angle has produced nothing. Zilch. Nada. So, once again, it wouldn't be irrational for the Kesse's thoughts to start to stray to other possibilities whether it's a co-worker, neighbor, her hairdresser, etc. And as I always point out: Most female victims are harmed by men they know, not strangers. And if I know that, the Kesse's know that.

As for the OPD clearing people in this case, from what I can tell, the Kesse's opinion of the OPD couldn't be lower. Whether they have good reason to believe that, I'm not sure--I have no inside knowledge. Although it should be said that every family who's ever lost a loved one complains about the police and how they're not doing enough to bring the perpetrator to justice. So, it's possible many people have been cleared but I'm not sure that means anything to the Kesse's. The cops in the 1980's in the state of Washington cleared Gary Ridgway early on too . . .

As for the integrity of the investigation, if that's the reason the Kesse's kept mum all these years then is the integrity of the case not important now?

By the way, I guess I'm showing my old-fashionedness/insecurity/control issues but I'm sorry: People in committed serious relationships shouldn't meet ex's in single bars and not tell their current better halves about it. Nothing good can come of it. I think it's one of the things where most people look at it from the outside and say: Hey, no big deal. But if it's done to them they say: How could you do that!! But for the record: No proof Jennifer ever saw her ex-bf alone that night or any other night before she disappeared.

Lastly, yes it is ludicrous to think the Kesse's would protect somebody--meaning keep the person from being brought to justice. I've already explained that above. But it certainly isn't ludicrous to think the Kesse's may have a blind spot regarding a possible suspect just because they know the person. I know enough about a ton of other murder cases to know how family members of the victim come to the defense of the loving husband, the cordial ex-husband, the loving girlfriend, etc. to then eventually abandon them when evidence pops up--sometimes not for several years. An example? Look up Michael Clark. Murdered his wife--allegedly, since her body was never found. The victim's mother for 30 years insisted Michael had nothing to do with it despite his story changing several times regarding the night of his wife's disappearance and him marrying another woman. It wasn't until he was arrested that the mother changed her mind. What we the public also found out in that case after the fact--the cops suspected him for years but could never put the case all together, the whole time saying they were pursuing leads. When really, they were only pursuing one lead--Michael Clark.

So, given that and many other reasons, I'm keeping my mind totally open and dismissing no one or anything in this case despite me having my own pet theory that I like to defend. The parents have their motivations. The cops have every reason to lie and withhold facts. But for the record, I think the reason I've been drawn to the revelation on Greta's show is because for a long time--5 yrs at least--I've insisted Jennifer disappeared the night before, and not the following morning. So, you can understand why when that new piece of info popped up out of nowhere I felt vindicated and motivated--it slid right into my theory. Although it's still possible that new public fact means nothing.

I am open to all theories too. I just don't agree with the notion that the Kesses may have withheld information to protect Jennifer's image or to protect someone they know. Perhaps the Kesses were protecting the investigation early on, and now they are frustrated and just putting more out there.
I just think it's unfair for people to point a finger and claim the Kesses made some kind of error in not saying certain things publicly.

Actually, we don't have to believe OPD did any of those things. Epic fail for OPD's response to this case. There are so many things we thought OPD did do and years later we find they did nothing. Dropping the ball is to say they picked it up in the first place.

The news that one of the visiting party goers was an ex of Jennifer's shines a new light on things. The family was remiss in leaving out such a detail especially if he was in the area during the time she went missing, imo. Here we are years later and people may not remember particulars. Memories fade and people move on. Did LE ever go to the Blue Martini and question anyone with him that night? Doubtful.

Many psychopaths/sociopaths and run-of-the-mill murderers have been known to let information slip during interrogations. It really goes to the caliber of the interrogators, imo.

The Kesses were not remiss in anything. It was up to LE to interview everyone in Jennifer's life and to decide what information is released to the public. According to the Greta Van Susteren program, all 3 men who stayed in Jennifer's condo were heavily questioned. Her ex who had been there was questioned more than once. At least we know that. Beyond that, it is true-we don't know exactly who was questioned and how thoroughly.
The Kesses bear no responsibility in talking about POI's in public interviews.
LE knew the ex was at Jennifer's condo while she was away and interviewed him at the start of the case.

mysterymaven, not sure who your comments are directed at but I'm going to take for granted at least some of them are pointed at me and my assessments, so if I may (and I will tread lightly as to not get booted from here since I know the Administrator is watching) . . .

Not for 1 second do I believe the Kesse's have protected (i.e. deflected attention away from) any possible suspect in this case. My point has been this: After over 8 years of not one new piece of evidence, I'm saying it wouldn't be unusual for the family to start re-assessing pre-conceived notions they have about Jennifer's disappearance. This isn't unusual. It's not rare. Families, cops, and people who follow this stuff do that all the time in any case as years pass and no one is caught. And since going way back to 2006 the focal point of this case has been Jennifer's complex workers, it could be very easily understandable that the Kesse's bought in to this popular theory, especially given Jennifer's prior statements about those men leering at her. Makes total 100% sense.

In any case, the worker angle has produced nothing. Zilch. Nada. So, once again, it wouldn't be irrational for the Kesse's thoughts to start to stray to other possibilities whether it's a co-worker, neighbor, her hairdresser, etc. And as I always point out: Most female victims are harmed by men they know, not strangers. And if I know that, the Kesse's know that.

As for the OPD clearing people in this case, from what I can tell, the Kesse's opinion of the OPD couldn't be lower. Whether they have good reason to believe that, I'm not sure--I have no inside knowledge. Although it should be said that every family who's ever lost a loved one complains about the police and how they're not doing enough to bring the perpetrator to justice. So, it's possible many people have been cleared but I'm not sure that means anything to the Kesse's. The cops in the 1980's in the state of Washington cleared Gary Ridgway early on too . . .

As for the integrity of the investigation, if that's the reason the Kesse's kept mum all these years then is the integrity of the case not important now?

By the way, I guess I'm showing my old-fashionedness/insecurity/control issues but I'm sorry: People in committed serious relationships shouldn't meet ex's in single bars and not tell their current better halves about it. Nothing good can come of it. I think it's one of the things where most people look at it from the outside and say: Hey, no big deal. But if it's done to them they say: How could you do that!! But for the record: No proof Jennifer ever saw her ex-bf alone that night or any other night before she disappeared.

Lastly, yes it is ludicrous to think the Kesse's would protect somebody--meaning keep the person from being brought to justice. I've already explained that above. But it certainly isn't ludicrous to think the Kesse's may have a blind spot regarding a possible suspect just because they know the person. I know enough about a ton of other murder cases to know how family members of the victim come to the defense of the loving husband, the cordial ex-husband, the loving girlfriend, etc. to then eventually abandon them when evidence pops up--sometimes not for several years. An example? Look up Michael Clark. Murdered his wife--allegedly, since her body was never found. The victim's mother for 30 years insisted Michael had nothing to do with it despite his story changing several times regarding the night of his wife's disappearance and him marrying another woman. It wasn't until he was arrested that the mother changed her mind. What we the public also found out in that case after the fact--the cops suspected him for years but could never put the case all together, the whole time saying they were pursuing leads. When really, they were only pursuing one lead--Michael Clark.

So, given that and many other reasons, I'm keeping my mind totally open and dismissing no one or anything in this case despite me having my own pet theory that I like to defend. The parents have their motivations. The cops have every reason to lie and withhold facts. But for the record, I think the reason I've been drawn to the revelation on Greta's show is because for a long time--5 yrs at least--I've insisted Jennifer disappeared the night before, and not the following morning. So, you can understand why when that new piece of info popped up out of nowhere I felt vindicated and motivated--it slid right into my theory. Although it's still possible that new public fact means nothing.

Nobody really knows why the info about the ex was not made into a bigger deal when Jennifer went missing. A poster mentioned the ex had been discussed in WS in 2006. So it may not have been some kind of huge secret the family was keeping.
Maybe LE told the family not to discuss him on tv or in public. Who knows?

Also, if the Kesses kept mum on the ex being in the vicinity, it was probably to protect the integrity of the investigation, not because the guy was a friend of her brother 's and a "nice guy".
The Kesses want to find Jennifer and I think it is ludicrous to think they would protect someone just because they know the person. Lets give the Kesses some credit!
It's unfortunate that when a case goes cold (at least to the public) that people start pointing fingers and saying that the family is hiding information or protecting suspects. The Kesses are not responsible for what happened to Jennifer! They aren't holding back some magical information that would solve the case.
Sorry, but I have to disagree. I do believe the family did not bring attention to the ex-bf on purpose and it was to protect him. He was considered very much an insider due to his relationship to Logan and the family. They felt they "knew" him and he was not to be included due to that fact. I don't believe it had anything to do with how Jennifer would be perceived if she was found meeting an ex, but parents can be fiercely protective of a victim's image to the public. (I see it all the time and sometimes makes it difficult to work with the family on cases.)

People cannot "know" another person and categorically avow for their innocence unless there is a solid alibi. Jealousy and rage have taken over even the most unlikely suspects. People see what they want to see. More times than not...they are indulging their perception and not looking for anything more. I honestly believe in the Kesses' minds, the ex-bf was never given a second thought perhaps until recently. I don't know what changed, but something did.

While I do respect the Kesse family have been grieving for Jennifer, they have helped foster a safety net for people who should have been on the radar as suspects including the ex-bf...especially if LE wasn't made immediately aware of the ex-bf being across the street the night Jennifer went missing and still harboring deep feelings for her while drinking to excess. We don't know if LE knew this or not, but if they did and did not work to truly clear him at the time...it certainly would not surprise me. I would love to know his alibi before, during, and after his drunken stint at the Blue Martini into the next day when the car was dropped off. If the Kesses know this information, they should release it.

There is nothing left of integrity in Jennifer's case to hold onto and finding the truth trumps a run at a conviction at this point. The botched case file early on would be a good defense attorney's dream so is a conviction possible without a confession, DNA match, or a body? Doubtful. This is the reality of Jenn's case.

I don't think LE gave a hoot about how the Kesses felt about the ex. He was interviewed very soon after Jennifer went missing. He was interviewed by LE more than once. I don't think it matters whether or not the public was told that. Do you have a source to back up your first paragraph? Or is it your interpretation of how you think the Kesses feel? Sorry but it would be out of the ordinary for LE skip interviewing someone because they were told the person was a nice guy. Do you have some kind of source that shows they were harboring a safety net for suspects? What?
It's pointless to argue about it. LE obviously does not have enough on anyone to make an arrest. There are a lot of rabbit holes to go down in this case. Accusing the kesses of harboring suspects is the most ridiculous one i have heard, but it is your opinion, so carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concernedcitizen706