Tim Miller: Possible Lawsuit against Casey

BBM blue

That's a great question ! I certainly hope so.

BBM red
I find myself in the horrendous position of defending Cindy.
What she said basically,was that after a person dies they believe the spirit goes to Heaven and what is left is a shell. The context in which she used it (explaining Casey's reasoning for throwing Caylee in the woods) was beyond the pale ,but that is a valid belief at it's core ,IMO.
It's how we cope with leaving the body at the funeral home or in a grave or urn ,etc.....We have no choice but to separate the person from the body that no longer has life if we want to believe they continue on somewhere.

That said, as a mother, it was almost impossible to leave my son's body behind. I've told y'all stories about leaving the hospital and watching the casket closed ,so I won't repeat,but I can't fathom the concept that a mother would choose to leave their child's body in the woods to rot and be damaged by animals.
It takes time to mesh your beliefs about death and the afterlife, with how you actually feel in the days ,weeks and months after the death of your child.
It's not something your brain just automatically accepts across the board.You know the reality,but a part of you continues to want to "mother" or refuse to face reality.
Keep in mind ,I'm referring to typical loving parents,not a mother who murders her child after covering her face with duct tape,then throwing the child in the woods. I don't believe Casey ever loved Caylee with a mother's love.

And I have necklace with my son's ashes. My 3 daughters also have one and we wear them to special events. The decision to get a locket with ashes is obviously made at the funeral home ,a day or 2 after the death. I was in a highly emotional state,having a hard time letting my son (and his body) go. It seemed so special at the time and made sense,but I find it doesn't really bring me any comfort or acceptance. It's more of a symbol that we are always together in some way.
As I've said before,it may sound morbid to some,but nothing about my son is morbid or gross or weird to me, not even his ashes.

Tim Miller had the misfortune to be called by Cindy Anthony and dragged into this nightmare. The way they treated Tim Miller is one of the reasons this case became "must see TV" . They behaved badly ,not like any other family with a missing child.
I have a new perspective about the lawsuits. Maybe it's time to move on and make sure the Anthonys don't have another chance at a media run.

Let this end with the focus on Caylee ,not Casey and not her parents or any of the characters who made a career orbiting around this family.No more black cowboy hats or big white sunglasses.

"You are my Sunshine,my only Sunshine.You make me happy when skies are gray.You'll never know dear how much I love you.Please don't take my Sunshine away" :sunshine: One little girl who rocked our world :grouphug:

I cry every time I hear you speak about this - there are no words....:heartbeat:

BBM Don't you get it? They put together a "shell" not Caylee! So the Anthony's feel they owe nothing to LE or anyone else for that matter.

Which leads me to this... if Cindy could care less about Caylee's "shell" then why is she wearing the ashes from this shell around her neck? :banghead:

Honestly, this has got to be one of the most disgusting things to ever come out of Cindy's mouth as a way to justify Casey's actions regarding Caylee's body being thrown out into those woods like trash.

I know that this is really mean to say, but I hope to God that she is never blessed with having another grandchild in her life ever again. If that is the way she felt about what happened to Caylee, she doesn't deserve another one.

As for TES, I believe they have a good a chance as anyone to win this case. More so than ZFG because he was literally brought in by the family with full knowledge by Casey herself to search for a child that Casey knew was not only deceased but knew where Caylee's remains were located.

A question for AZLawyer... can TES bring in evidence that proves that Casey not only knew Caylee was deceased but that she was the one to put her there? Trunk smell? Squirrel text message? Trash bags? Laundry bag? Duct tape? Dumping the car? Cell phone pings?

It depends on the defense. If Casey says, "I knew Caylee was dead but I didn't know where she was, so I wanted TES to look for her body," then TES can bring in evidence to show, yes, Casey knew where Caylee was all along. But that would be hard to prove. Cell phone pings don't show anything at all in that regard, and the other evidence revolves around the trunk rather than the swamp.

Wouldn't this hurt the defense in TES's case---that Casey wanted to assist in the search for Caylee?

Not really. She wanted to search, but she still didn't want TES to search. The reason is obvious....

Still to this day, I have never heard them thank LE for anything. They put poor Caylee back together (as best they could)...and I don't remember any public acknowledgement of LE's efforts. So an apology to TM? Nah...not likely. Wonder how their behavior would sit with others who actually need help finding missing loved ones? Advocates, my *$$.

A thought came to mind about this. I wonder in light of everything that TES had done to help, if organizations; TES and others, haven't implimented signed contracts now? Not so much to actually pay for the entire search, but to prove and acknowledge who hired them, to give them an ok to proceed-let's say a search is done based on lies and it comes to pass that a missing person had been deceased before an Org. such as TES got invovled, there wouldn't be some type of cost incurred to be paid back? I would imagine after watching what all happened with this case, that some good caring people would be afraid to get involved, not that this type of scenario always happens, but you know what I mean? Sheesh, nobody would have ever thought in a million years all this stuff would happen, but it sure did, right down to pretty much getting told off and told to get out. :waitasec: I still can't believe how TM was treated, I just do not understand it at all. I'd want my grandchild found-NO MATTER WHAT.

:furious: This alone, if he did nothing else makes me want to see him disbarred.

Do you all think he knew at this time that Caylee was dead or if he was blindly buying into the missing theory?

I couldn't agree more. The fact that Perry didn't follow up and ask some quest ions about what JB was obviously trying to do (frame innocent people, hide/move a body) is shocking to me.

It depends on the defense. If Casey says, "I knew Caylee was dead but I didn't know where she was, so I wanted TES to look for her body," then TES can bring in evidence to show, yes, Casey knew where Caylee was all along. But that would be hard to prove. Cell phone pings don't show anything at all in that regard, and the other evidence revolves around the trunk rather than the swamp.

Not really. She wanted to search, but she still didn't want TES to search. The reason is obvious....

Will they be allowed to infer the obvious...that she wanted to hide or move the body?

BBM blue

BBM red
What she said basically,was that after a person dies they believe the spirit goes to Heaven and what is left is a shell. The context in which she used it (explaining Casey's reasoning for throwing Caylee in the woods) was beyond the pale ,but that is a valid belief at it's core ,IMO.
It's how we cope with leaving the body at the funeral home or in a grave or urn ,etc.....We have no choice but to separate the person from the body that no longer has life if we want to believe they continue on somewhere.

That said, as a mother, it was almost impossible to leave my son's body behind. I've told y'all stories about leaving the hospital and watching the casket closed ,so I won't repeat,but I can't fathom the concept that a mother would choose to leave their child's body in the woods to rot and be damaged by animals.
It takes time to mesh your beliefs about death and the afterlife, with how you actually feel in the days ,weeks and months after the death of your child.
It's not something your brain just automatically accepts across the board.You know the reality,but a part of you continues to want to "mother" or refuse to face reality.
Keep in mind ,I'm referring to typical loving parents,not a mother who murders her child after covering her face with duct tape,then throwing the child in the woods. I don't believe Casey ever loved Caylee with a mother's love.

And I have necklace with my son's ashes. My 3 daughters also have one and we wear them to special events. The decision to get a locket with ashes is obviously made at the funeral home ,a day or 2 after the death. I was in a highly emotional state,having a hard time letting my son (and his body) go. It seemed so special at the time and made sense,but I find it doesn't really bring me any comfort or acceptance. It's more of a symbol that we are always together in some way.
As I've said before,it may sound morbid to some,but nothing about my son is morbid or gross or weird to me, not even his ashes.

Tim Miller had the misfortune to be called by Cindy Anthony and dragged into this nightmare. The way they treated Tim Miller is one of the reasons this case became "must see TV" . They behaved badly ,not like any other family with a missing child.
I have a new perspective about the lawsuits. Maybe it's time to move on and make sure the Anthonys don't have another chance at a media run.

Let this end with the focus on Caylee ,not Casey and not her parents or any of the characters who made a career orbiting around this family.No more black cowboy hats or big white sunglasses.

"You are my Sunshine,my only Sunshine.You make me happy when skies are gray.You'll never know dear how much I love you.Please don't take my Sunshine away" :sunshine: One little girl who rocked our world :grouphug:

Great post MissJames .I am so sorry about your son .:(

BBM blue

BBM red

BBM This comment reminded me of LDB's closing argument when she was reminding the jury of the DT's own expert who gave an example of an amazing parent- a woman whose child had died and she wanted to go out to that child's grave because they had never been in a thunderstorm at night alone. That tore my heart out to hear that just as it does everytime I hear your story MissJames. I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug: You, and that woman are true examples of an amazing mother- the compelling need to mother and protect your child transcends all, even death. I'll never for the life of me figure out why people like FCA are ever even blessed with the precious gift of a child in the first place. As a mother, throwing your baby out in the swamp to rot and be eaten by animals is simply beyond my comprehension. But then again, so is taking their life in the first place. I just don't get it,never will and honestly I don't want to.

Kudos to all of the loving mothers (and fathers!) out there. The world truly is a better place because of you.

BBM This comment reminded me of LDB's closing argument when she was reminding the jury of the DT's own expert who gave an example of an amazing parent- a woman whose child had died and she wanted to go out to that child's grave because they had never been in a thunderstorm at night alone. That tore my heart out to hear that just as it does everytime I hear your story MissJames. I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug: You, and that woman are true examples of an amazing mother- the compelling need to mother and protect your child transcends all, even death. I'll never for the life of me figure out why people like FCA are ever even blessed with the precious gift of a child in the first place. As a mother, throwing your baby out in the swamp to rot and be eaten by animals is simply beyond my comprehension. But then again, so is taking their life in the first place. I just don't get it,never will and honestly I don't want to.

Kudos to all of the loving mothers (and fathers!) out there. The world truly is a better place because of you.

Excellent post. So sickening to remember FCA being described as great and amazing as a mother. Nauseating.

I wish ALL the searchers would get together and file a class action law suit against Casey, particularly those who searched more than once. I vaguely remember a woman who'd spent the family's vacation money to search for Caylee rather than taking their planned vacation. I wish they'd all get together and sue her. And whatever happened with that Laura Buchanen, by the way? What a disaster this whole thing has been.

Excellent post. So sickening to remember FCA being described as great and amazing as a mother. Nauseating.

Whatever Cindy's public claims were, we know that in the privacy of her home where she observed the neglect, what she really called Casey was "an Unfit Mother"..... that's the statement that stays with me.

Whatever Cindy's public claims were, we know that in the privacy of her home where she observed the neglect, what she really called Casey was "an Unfit Mother"..... that's the statement that stays with me.
It's funny that you're mentioning the "good mother". I just googled "Casey Anthony" and the first item I saw was about a comedian who was tweeting about a pregnant celeb. She actually had a mommy scale of 1 to Casey Anthony.
Yes, a great mother indeed.

A thought came to mind about this. I wonder in light of everything that TES had done to help, if organizations; TES and others, haven't implimented signed contracts now? Not so much to actually pay for the entire search, but to prove and acknowledge who hired them, to give them an ok to proceed-let's say a search is done based on lies and it comes to pass that a missing person had been deceased before an Org. such as TES got invovled, there wouldn't be some type of cost incurred to be paid back? I would imagine after watching what all happened with this case, that some good caring people would be afraid to get involved, not that this type of scenario always happens, but you know what I mean? Sheesh, nobody would have ever thought in a million years all this stuff would happen, but it sure did, right down to pretty much getting told off and told to get out. :waitasec: I still can't believe how TM was treated, I just do not understand it at all. I'd want my grandchild found-NO MATTER WHAT.

Therein lies the difference between TES and this family. IF.........they hadn't been in CYA mode, they would have wanted the same thing most normal families want......their grandchild found.........NO MATTER WHAT........INSTEAD, THEIR PRIORITY WAS THEIR CHILD WOULD BE "FOUND OUT".

Therein lies the difference between TES and this family. IF.........they hadn't been in CYA mode, they would have wanted the same thing most normal families want......their grandchild found.........NO MATTER WHAT........INSTEAD, THEIR PRIORITY WAS THEIR CHILD WOULD BE "FOUND OUT".

You have nailed it down. Thanks.

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=7738649

TEXAS EQUUSEARCH MOUNTED SEARCH AND RECOVERY vs. ANTHONY, CASEY

02/23/2012 Notice of Hearing 6/1/2012 0830am

02/06/2012 Motion for Protective Order
MOTION TO APPOINT SPECIAL MASTER FOR DEPOSITION OF TIM MILLER AND

02/02/2012 Order on Motion
for protective order as to the date, length and scope of the depo of pltfs corp rep

02/01/2012 Letter
02/01/2012 Letter

I'm not sure where to put this post but, I'm wondering if (TES attorneys) will be taking a deposition from George's friend from Ohio. To me, it would say a lot about OCA knowing that Caylee was not in danger but, rather already deceased while TM was standing right there in front of her. The actions between family members during that time in my opinion paints a very different picture of what Baez presented in court. If GA supposedly knew about the "drowning", why did he have his daughter pinned up against the wall shouting to her, "where is she"?.....then coming out of the room telling his friend "she's lying". As a matter of fact, I wonder why he wasn't called to testify at the trial?!

Hope it's OK to post this here, in a TES-related thread. Toyota is giving away 100 vehicles in 100 days to worthy non-profit organizations. TES's day is today - you can vote for them until 11:59 Pm tonite. You have to have a Facebook account, and there is ONLY 1 VOTE PER PERSON. They will be tracking that.

http://www.100carsforgood.com/

TES could REALLY use a new Toyota Tundra truck to help them towing boats, ATV's, horse trailers etc. Thanks!
MM :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

OK, just saw that it's at the top of every page. Websleuths ROCKS!! Thanks Tricia!

Also, as of about an hour ago, TES was in 3rd place for the day and could use a LOT of last-minute votes to win. Today is their only day!

OK, just saw that it's at the top of every page. Websleuths ROCKS!! Thanks Tricia!

Also, as of about an hour ago, TES was in 3rd place for the day and could use a LOT of last-minute votes to win. Today is their only day!

Muzikman!!!!! OMGosh, I love seeing you here! Pray all is well with you! You're such a good heart that I should have known you would show up for this good cause. :tyou:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palenp
Back