TN TN- Emmie Clyde Smith, 68, Gilt Edge, 16 May 1965

mlhenn

Reaction score
Interesting case that was put into Namus recently.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Emmie Clyde Smith
White Male
5' 10" - 6' 2"
175-210lbs
68 yrs old when he went missing

upload_2021-1-23_17-27-13.jpeg

Last seen May 16, 1965 in Gilt Edge, Tennessee 38015.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Emmie Clyde Smith left his residence in the afternoon hours of May 16, 1965 and reportedly went to the Bishop Glass Bar that was located in the area of Hazel Grove road / Turkey Scratch road.
Mr. Emmie Clyde Smith reportedly disappeared from the Bishop Glass Bar and he nor his vehicle have been seen since.
Mr. Smith was driving a 1962 Buick LeSabre olive in color with Tennessee tag 30-T239.

1962 Buick Le Sabre

Style--
Color--
StateTennessee
License Plate30-T239
Expiration Year--
CommentsVehicle color was olive

That was my first thought.
That was my first thought.
Bumping...
I got vibes of foul play at the bar. This may be a stupid reach, but Emmie could've been bullied if he didn't know anyone at the bar? Or maybe he DID know people at the bar and there was some kind of confrontation or altercation? Maybe a coverup? Emmie was a big guy, but if he was surrounded by multiple people in a fight, he could've been unconscious and died from injuries. He was 68 years-old! And then he could've been loaded into the car and pushed into the river? Or buried somewhere near the river. We need one of those Youtube detectives with drones or a boat to look into it. Back then, a name like Emmie seems more feminine, to me. The Johnny Cash song, "A boy named Sue" was popular around that time, I believe. Some people might have given him *advertiser censored* about it? Just some thoughts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saky
Back