TN TN - Joshua Walden, 10, Chattanooga, 10 Dec 2000

Ive posted this here several times for different cases:

Just some general factors common in most child abduction homicides to consider

If you were to apply most states' general guidelines to classify "sexually violent predators", the majority of these individuals would fit the profile outlined in such hence their existence.

-The Offender is usually in the area of the abduction for legitimate reasons, they usually live or work nearby or this may be a normal route for them to travel in their daily activities

-The mean age of the offender in most of these cases, is 27 years old, but that works upon a slide rule (22-32) depending on factors such as incarceration time and time in treatment, or the military etc..

-Approximately 70% are white males

-Almost always these crimes are perpetrated for sexual reasons.

-The offender usually has a criminal history most often with a focus on crimes against children, (not always, adult victims are not uncommon) but these will almost always of a sexual nature, these may however have gone unprosecuted, for several reasons

-Often labelled as "Social Marginals" they are usually considered "oddballs" or "weird" and aren't usually above suspicion in such cases, with a tendency toward sociopathic behavior, In many cases, they are suspected almost immediately.

-Weak social bonds, may have what they consider "friends" in a mitigated context

-Most have an identified disorder, usually sexual, but also behavioral , slightly fewer abuse intoxicants.

-Often frequent residence changes (moves) in their past , prior to the incident, usually at least 1 within a year prior to the incident.

-Offender usually acts alone

-Offender is unknown (stranger) to the victim in most cases, but only slightly less are acquaintances

-Slightly less than half are unemployed or underemployed at time of incident

-Occupation is usually blue collar considered "unskilled" or "semi skilled" . with construction being the most prominent industry

-Usually live with parents or a family member

-Unmarried or in any type of intimate relationship at time of incident

-Offender, is usually not in any kind of legal custody status at the time (Probation/Parole etc..)

-Victim is selected usually as a target of opportunity, physical characteristics other than gender and size usually bear little weight in victim selection.

-Physical force is the most common method used to secure the victim, followed by con/ruse

-Offender used a vehicle in approx 98% of abductions, where the victim was found deceased (Note to parents: Teach children to avoid vehicles at all costs, and to either get out of it or disable the vehicle , or draw attention to it if they find themselves in that situation)

-Stressing events prior to , play much less a role in child abduction murders as opposed to abduction murders of adults, than we once thought, these individuals tend to be more like "killers in waiting" , then angry retaliatory types.

-In only about 10% of cases, (not related to serial cases) has the offender committed a prior murder of a child, and only about 6.5 % had previously kidnapped a child. .

-The Victim is often abducted less than .4 Mi from their home, they are usually transported greater than 5 Mi from the abduction site

-Victim is usually alone at the time of abduction, to a lesser extent with friends

-Overwhelmingly the victims are usually white, female, mean age of approx 11 years old. (the younger the victim the more theres a propensity for the offender to ba an aquaintence or family member)

-The Murder site is often less then 200 feet from the body recovery site

-The victim is usually deceased within the 1st 1-5 hours following the abduction, about 76% were killed within 3 hours of the abduction, and almost 100% within 24 hours , this is important to note because most children aren't reported missing until 2-4 hours following the actual abduction, which means in the majority of cases, the victim is deceased before they are even reported missing (the 1st 48 does not pertain to child abduction cases, the time frame is much smaller)

-The offenders name usually comes up within the 1st 48 hours, is usually known to investigators within the 1st week of the investigation, though not necessarily as a suspect.

-As we are now learning with the emergence of all these cases, being solved by DNA, the offender often commits further crimes of a sexual nature, though often short of murder, in many cases. (Investigative consideration should be considered in ALL crimes of a sexual nature to collect and submit DNA and do a THOROUGH background investigation on individuals suspected of such crimes, as well as anyone interviewed and perhaps not considered a suspect this is extremely important as many of these individuals have committed prior crimes, but were not prosecuted or caught )

I am glad to see this is something that is not being ignored and I was happy to hear they started looking into it again. I would like to help with this if possible.

This guy is an absolute joke.
I knew this person personally, I can agree with you and I am sorry if he upset you or made things harder for you. I have no association with him anymore and I have no intention of making the same mistakes he has.

Abuse went on in the Walden house. Did Josh know something? Was he on his way to report it? Why did the other brother Dallas move away and not come back for 3 years? With everything being said that the mother while on her death bed told what really happened was that never reported? Was it even followed up on?? The Walden siblings had it rough. I know they did the older brothers jonathan and jason they were mentally messed up. Jonathan shot his self only to survive as for Jason wasn't so lucky.

They said it was a outsider, I think it was someone inside the Walden family. Knowing that Josh never took his shoes off. That screams it was personal.

His father was a pool man or something like that wasn't he? What really happened that fatal day?

#JusticeForJosh
#JusticeForHisSister
We use that acid in our hot tub and used to use it in our pool when we had one.

I know it says the killer used Acid but is there anyway they could possibly used Genetic Genealogy in this case to track down the killer? This one reminds me of Jacob Wetterlings Abduction and murder besides the fact that Josh was likely alone when he was abduction and wasn’t shot or buried.

I have no idea, I guess if they have good DNA. That acid isn’t that bad, I mean is will burn and make your skin red…learned that the hard way. However I don’t think it would literally disfigure. Just a strange acid to use, if that’s what the intent was.

I know it says the killer used Acid but is there anyway they could possibly used Genetic Genealogy in this case to track down the killer? This one reminds me of Jacob Wetterlings Abduction and murder besides the fact that Josh was likely alone when he was abduction and wasn’t shot or buried.
Makes me think a mentally ill or evil teenager did it. I can understand the bike being missing but the shoes and shocks, the person had to know the family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ctrls
Back