TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
HD managed to get in that Chad and Julie Rowe seemed too close, even in Tammy's and their children's presence. I hope the jury sees that Chad wasn't a good guy before he met Lori. After the children were publicly declared missing, more locals supported Chad than HD. I wonder how many ward members Chad converted to his cause. Even after the bodies were found, some blamed HD for stirring the pot with her letter. So did JP. It's like blaming KW for the welfare check.

Charles reported Lori's threats to police. Adam warned his parents about her crazy beliefs. Both were dismissed. HD told her church leaders and Chad's parents about him spreading his and Julie Rowe's fringe doctrine. She was dismissed. Even people who weren't deluded themselves could not see the potential harm for others.

Friday, May 3rd:
*Trial continues (Day 16) (@ 8:30am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – *Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 55) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP. (Judge denied removing DP 3/14/24). Fremont County
Trial began on 4/1/24 with final jury selection & ended on 4/8/24. Jurors: 12 jurors & 6 alternates. [10 men & 8 women]. 5/2/24: Juror dismissed due to illness. Now: 12 jurors & 5 alternates.
Jury will be sequestered during deliberations in the guilt phase thru the penalty phase.
Trial began on 4/10/24. (approx. 8 weeks) Court hours are 8:30am to 3pm Monday-Friday. Trial is being held in Ada County.
Judge Steven W. Boyce presiding. Prosecutors: Fremont County Prosecuting Attorney Lindsey Blake, Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood, Special Attorney General Prosecutor Ingrid Batey & Fremont County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Rocky Wixom & defense attorney John Prior.

Court info from 6/10/20 thru 3/29/24 & Jury Selection Day 1-6 (4/1-4/6/24) & thru 4/9/24 & Trial Day 1-14 (4/10-5/1/24) reference post #900 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-3.710965/page-45

5/2/24 Thursday, Trial Day 15: *A juror was unable to attend today due to illness. Judge Boyce says he has been dismissed from the trial. Boyce & the attorneys had a sidebar this morning about the issue.
*State witnesses: Kay Woodcock, JJ’s grandmother. Angela Yancy. [Yancey lives in Idaho Falls & previously worked in payroll & benefits for Sugar Salem School District; re Tammy's $10K life Ins/Change to TD’s life insurance policy (Sep 2019) & CD filing claim (Oct 2019)]. Sheila Daybell, Chad's mother. Heather Daybell, married to Chad’s bro Matt. Retired Rexburg Police Officer David Stubbs [was a sergeant supervisor in the detective division]. Will be back on stand tomorrow.
For more info on direct see post #1024 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-3.710965/page-52
Trial continues on Friday, 5/3/24.

I don't understand why Chad moved into his brother's neighborhood knowing that the brother and his wife didn't buy into his visionary bs. How was he planning on taking advantage of them? Did he hope they would change their minds? Didn't he expect resistance? He was teaching light/dark culty stuff right under their noses. Imagine learning from your neighbors that they believed Chad was a prophet.

I don't understand why Chad moved into his brother's neighborhood knowing that the brother and his wife didn't buy into his visionary bs. How was he planning on taking advantage of them? Did he hope they would change their minds? Didn't he expect resistance? He was teaching light/dark culty stuff right under their noses. Imagine learning from your neighbors that they believed Chad was a prophet.
I think he was hoping to convince them to allow use of their "grounds" (or acreage) as part of his Compound that he envisioned.

An amazing and powerful letter. Her faith in the LDS gospel, and heartfelt testimony is rock solid. It seems like she has felt shunned in her community, due to the actions of CD. I can understand that. But, it seems through her faith and prayer, she has grown spiritually.

I hope that her ward, and stake members embrace her with love and support. She has endured much, through no fault of her own. Another victim of LVD and CD.
I believe she has decided to express her love for community and justice outside of LDS faith, and is now part of a mixed-faith marriage and family.

But your point still holds. She wants the world to be right- and when she was part of the LDS community- indeed an accomplished leader in it- she was using religion as a tool to build communities. She was appalled at the defendant using religion to do damage. (And she hadn't known the extent of the damage at the time of that writing.)

MOO

When Lori was going 90 miles an hour telling the officers about her crazy brother (Adam) who was trying to kill her for her 2 million insurance policy, I just wish someone would have asked her "What? Is your brother beneficiary under your life insurance policy?". Would have loved to see her slither her way through that explanation, since it made no sense whatsoever.

Opportunity missed. But I get it, she was in non-stop spew mode.

When Lori was going 90 miles an hour telling the officers about her crazy brother (Adam) who was trying to kill her for her 2 million insurance policy, I just wish someone would have asked her "What? Is your brother beneficiary under your life insurance policy?". Would have loved to see her slither her way through that explanation, since it made no sense whatsoever.

Opportunity missed. But I get it, she was in non-stop spew mode.
That common-sense nugget totally escaped me. I really do feel that the cops were "under her spell."

That common-sense nugget totally escaped me. I really do feel that the cops were "under her spell."
I don't think so. I think they wanted to get proof of as many lies as possible to get a search warrant. And they wanted to come back feeling safer- they knew Alex was lurking. They did not want to be out-numbered, and they wanted the legal authority to ask the occupants of the house to sit on a couch and be watched, so they could search safely.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member