Trial Thread 4/10/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
see now I feel badly, the judge must have ruled for a reason that way, perhaps he knows this lawyer rarely calls in sick:blushing: The judge is always right.:seeya::twocents:

..oops just clicked on it and I do not think it is allowed and I only could realize after I posted it ...sorry websleuth site ...never realized ...robynhood

That video is absolutely beautiful Robynhood, thank you! :blowkiss: It's so apparent little Tori was dearly loved by her family, relatives and friends. She truly was a sweet little girl. I am sure TM, RS and Daryn have fond memories every time they look at Tori's videos and pictures. I pray it gives them strength to carry on.

Superior Court Judge Thomas Heeney told jurors that Michael Rafferty’s lawyer Dirk Derstine is sick with the flu.

“We’re getting into a very important area of the evidence and Mr. Rafferty should have his lead counsel here for that,” Heeney told the jury.

The trial is set to resume Wednesday with the forensic testimony.

On Sunday, Tori’s family spent a quiet day marking the third anniversary of her disappearance.

Her father and his family paid a visit to Tori’s grave, as they have been most days throughout the trial.

http://www.thespec.com/news/canada/...trial-until-wednesday-due-to-lawyer-s-illness

I am hoping this video link will work ....the real memory of Tori on youtube....really wrenched at my heart! ....link will work here ...hopefully as I never saw this one before....http://youtu.be/V4QLnnurSFU.....prepare your heart as it is the real Tori ....IMO you may need a box of Kleenex.......IMO>>>>it did make me feel good to see how happy she was with her family ..robynhood

That is a beautiful and heartbreaking video robynhood! Thank you for posting it!!
Whenever I see pictures or videos of Tori I can't help but see that her mommy and daddy loved her so much. I can't imagine how they are getting through this at all. And I think after watching that video I really feel bad for her mommy, she's taken so much criticism, Tori always looked so clean and well dressed and always so happy!!! It's easy to see that Tara loved and took good care of her little chub chub.

That is a beautiful and heartbreaking video robynhood! Thank you for posting it!!
Whenever I see pictures or videos of Tori I can't help but see that her mommy and daddy loved her so much. I can't imagine how they are getting through this at all. And I think after watching that video I really feel bad for her mommy, she's taken so much criticism, Tori always looked so clean and well dressed and always so happy!!! It's easy to see that Tara loved and took good care of her little chub chub.

You can tell too that Tori loved her Momma and Daddy and brother, and she was obviously very loved. She always has a smile on her face and those big, intelligent blue eyes sparkle like little jewels. She would have grown up to be such a lovely young lady with all kinds of dreams.

BBM Tori must be looking over them and giving them strength.

see now I feel badly, the judge must have ruled for a reason that way, perhaps he knows this lawyer rarely calls in sick:blushing: The judge is always right.:seeya::twocents:

Awww, don't feel too badly. My head (of its own accord, of course; I'd never think this, myself :p) translated "flat on his back with the flu" to "on the golf course taking another vacation day." I couldn't help it...

I know, it's not fair. I don't know the man; I'm sure he's very professional.

This isn't related to the trial but it just gave me the chills. A few weeks ago a man tried to abduct a girl a few blocks from my house, now this just a few miles down the road.I've heard reports that there were a few more attempts in the area in the last few weeks. It makes me wonder if this whacko isn't watching the news of the trial and getting ideas. Rodney is right, it's time to do something about this!!!
Grenville County OPP are investigating what they are calling the attempted abduction of a 12-year-old boy in the town Thursday afternoon.

It's the second abduction attempt of a child in the community this month.
http://www.thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2284559&archive=true

This isn't related to the trial but it just gave me the chills. A few weeks ago a man tried to abduct a girl a few blocks from my house, now this just a few miles down the road.I've heard reports that there were a few more attempts in the area in the last few weeks. It makes me wonder if this whacko isn't watching the news of the trial and getting ideas. Rodney is right, it's time to do something about this!!!

Um, Max, that's from 2 years ago, that article! But, otherwise, still relevant.

This reminds me... if I remember correctly, there were reports about abduction attempts in the Mount Forest area around the time Tori went missing. Does anybody remember what I am talking about, and have a link, please?

This reminds me... if I remember correctly, there were reports about abduction attempts in the Mount Forest area around the time Tori went missing. Does anybody remember what I am talking about, and have a link, please?

I found this BQ. HTH.

"There's nothing that's been reported in Fergus that I know of," OPP spokesperson Const. Keith Robb said yesterday. "As far as I know, there's no basis to the allegations about Fergus."

According to police, Rafferty drove an old blue Honda Civic with some portions spray-painted black. Rafferty has dark hair and a goatee. However, Robb said the attempted abduction in Mount Forest isn't seen as related to the [Stafford] case.

Robb said Rafferty appears "heavy-set, if not overweight" and the suspect in the Mount Forest incident was "skinny." Mount Forest is about 115 kilometres northeast of Woodstock.

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/thestar...=No+abduction+attempts+in+Fergus&pqatl=google

And this one. Snipped, more in article.

On April 3, an 11-year-old girl fled what OPP called an attempted abduction at about
3:50 p.m. The girl was walking home from school near King Street in Mount Forest
when a car approached her. A man tried to convince the girl to approach the car but
she refused. The man then got out of the car, and tried to grab her arm, but the girl
fled the scene.
The suspect fled in his car, an older-model, black four-door car. The driver was described as a white man, 30 to 40 years old, about six feet tall
with a skinny build, shoulder-length black hair, a goatee and a rough, pimpled complexion.
Michael Thomas C.S. Rafferty, 28, was arrested and charged with the abduction and murder of Stafford earlier this week.
According to police, Rafferty drove an old blue Honda Civic with some portions spray-painted black. Rafferty has dark hair and a goatee.
However, Robb said the attempted abduction in Mount Forest isn't seen as related to the Stafford case.

http://www.oacas.org/news/09/may/23tori.pdf

Um, Max, that's from 2 years ago, that article! But, otherwise, still relevant.

lol, that's hilarious!! A friend sent me the link earlier and I didn't even notice the date!! Seriously though there have been several attempts in the last few weeks around here, very scary!

On April 3, an 11-year-old girl fled what OPP called an attempted abduction at about
3:50 p.m. The girl was walking home from school near King Street in Mount Forest
when a car approached her. A man tried to convince the girl to approach the car but
she refused. The man then got out of the car, and tried to grab her arm, but the girl
fled the scene.
The suspect fled in his car, an older-model, black four-door car. The driver was described as a white man, 30 to 40 years old, about six feet tall
with a skinny build, shoulder-length black hair, a goatee and a rough, pimpled complexion.
Michael Thomas C.S. Rafferty, 28, was arrested and charged with the abduction and murder of Stafford earlier this week.
According to police, Rafferty drove an old blue Honda Civic with some portions spray-painted black. Rafferty has dark hair and a goatee.
However, Robb said the attempted abduction in Mount Forest isn't seen as related to the Stafford case.

Thank you very much for the links! Exactly what I was looking for!

I found this BQ. HTH.

"There's nothing that's been reported in Fergus that I know of," OPP spokesperson Const. Keith Robb said yesterday. "As far as I know, there's no basis to the allegations about Fergus."

According to police, Rafferty drove an old blue Honda Civic with some portions spray-painted black. Rafferty has dark hair and a goatee. However, Robb said the attempted abduction in Mount Forest isn't seen as related to the [Stafford] case.

Robb said Rafferty appears "heavy-set, if not overweight" and the suspect in the Mount Forest incident was "skinny." Mount Forest is about 115 kilometres northeast of Woodstock.

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/thestar...=No+abduction+attempts+in+Fergus&pqatl=google

:waitasec: Rafferty was skinny at the time of the abduction, I thought?

:waitasec: Rafferty was skinny at the time of the abduction, I thought?

I thought so too being as he was working out supposedly. He does not appeared overweight in his video where he has his shirt pulled over his head, the day or so after his arrest. Maybe the other guy was rail thin. :waitasec:

fled the scene.

I sure hope LE revisited this case and others within that surrounding area.

Much information for this article was derived from a painstakingly-comprehensive 2006 study produced by Katherine Brown, Robert Keppel, Joseph Weis, and Marvin Skeen for the Attorney General of Washington, Rob McKenna, and for the U.S. Department of Justice’s Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention.

most critical.

The average age of a killer who abducts a child is 27.8 years old. Two-thirds of these types of killers are younger than 30. In 70 percent of child abduction murders, the killer is a white male. (Men account for 98.5 percent of child abduction murders.) Four out of five killers in this study were either divorced or had never married; yet, three-quarters of them were living with someone (usually their parents) at the time they committed the crime. Half were unemployed at the time they committed the crime; and the other half held primarily unskilled and semi-skilled positions, with the most common occupation of convicted child abduction murderers being construction workers (26.4 percent), followed respectively by food industry workers, service industry employees, students, truck drivers, and automobile mechanics.

Thirty percent of these individuals were considered to be “strange” by those who knew them, and a significant number were alcohol or drug abusers, reclusive, overly friendly toward children, and sexually promiscuous. Among all murders, 3 percent of killers have a sexual problem, but in child abduction murders, 30.4 percent do. Prior crimes against children, such as sexual assault, rape, attempted (or actual) murder, kidnapping, and assault, were identified in 46.6 percent of the cases evaluated here. The modus operandi of their previous crimes against children were, more often than not, similar to the MO they used during the abduction, assault, and murder of the victim in the study. For example, if a child abductor lured victims to his vehicle by asking them to hold a white cat and that method worked well for him, he was likely to use the same technique the next time. More than two-thirds of child abduction slayings involve sex as the impetus to kill, as is also the case with classic serial killers. In contrast, only 7 percent of murder victims nationwide are sexually assaulted by their killer.

http://thealphabetkiller.com/portrait-of-a-child-abduction-murder/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member