Trial Thread 4/17/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now i am really confused. i thought the Puma's were one of the gifts for JW???

he was looking for Pumas for himself. After they made that day trip to the US, he was apparently planning on going to the US on the 18th She was going to Vegas on the 20th he wanted to buy her things to take to Vegas, which she was not comfortable with. Seems he insisted, so she agreed to meet him int he Goodlife parking lot so he could give her the things he had bought her.

At least that is what i got from reading the tweets.

LFP tweets:
US trip he took with JW

RaffertyLFP: Woods said they went to several shoe stores but Rafferty could not find the shoes he wanted [via Twitter]

After that trip:

RaffertyLFP: Rafferty wanted to go back to States on Monday 18th Woods had Rafferty's birth certificate.Woods was planning trip to Las Vegas [via Twitter]

2:12

RaffertyLFP: On following day Rafferty called her from White Oaks Mall saying he had bought clothes for Woods for her Vegas trip [via Twitter]
2:12

RaffertyLFP: He later called to drop off stuff for her Vegas trip and they arranged to meet in Goodlife parking lot [via Twitter]

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/17/19642201.html

ETA this tweet from AM980 that speaks to JW not feeling comfortable with accepting gifts from MR.
AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
He called her from White Oaks Mall, said he would buy her things for Vegas. She wasn't comfortable with it. He also bought her kids things

How long had he been dating JW at the time of his arrest??? I thought only a month or so, is that right? WEIRD to say the least. I don't blame JW for feeling the way she did about it. What kind of guy does that, especially something from LaSenza? Little warped for my liking but that's JMHO. Oh and obviously JW's too.

Met on POF on april 11th, then met at her home april 16th...Im guessing they dated until the time of his arrest, seeing that she was with him.

AM980.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
In 2009, she was finishing university courses. She met Rafferty on Plenty of Fish on April 11th.
She met Rafferty at her home on April 16th. They went our a few times for dinner. He said he was in contracting and a dance instructor.

Ah ha! Just another excuse to see her again maybe. Where was JW from again?

.ca ‏ @AM980_Court
Joy Woods lives in Woodstock.

RaffertyLFP: He later called to drop off stuff for her Vegas trip and they arranged to meet in Goodlife parking lot [via Twitter]

from the last tweet here, it makes me wonder why they met in a parking lot....especially when he was giving her a gift from LaSenza....odd place to give your gf a gift like that.....wonder if he was starting to creep her out!!!

OMG...imagine the evidence they would have found in that car though. Just the baggie of percs would have gotten the car confiscated overnight I'd bet. And the hacked up back seat would have been an eye opener.

MOO

Oh I am sure the officer would've shone his flashlight on them and into the back seat of the car had he pulled them over. Could you imagine the sight he would have seen? Either one of them had changed their clothing, evidence is the car...(That's if this happened after they did their evil deeds). This would've all been over three years ago.

I know Tori sent something, a message, just something to show his involvement. She wouldn't have let her murderer(s) get away with this, no way. MOO. We're praying for Justice Sweet little Tori. <3

after following several other trials very closely I think the Crown is doing a great job insofar as I can tell by tweets.

I also think LE did an outstanding job in investigating Tori's abduction and catching her killers.

This is a circumstantial case with elements of direct evidence (which is very rare) from the other perp.

The Crown has said from the start that her credibility will be put under scrutiny (as it should!!) but so far elements of her story (and her possible lies) are lining up with circumstantial facts in this case. It will be the big, overall picture that ties the case up with a bow on top... and I think we still have a long way to go to get there.

I think they can do it.

MOO

Very nicely said Nurse and I totally agree.

Now back off with that needle please lol. :D JK.

.ca &#8207; @AM980_Court
Joy Woods lives in Woodstock.

from the last tweet here, it makes me wonder why they met in a parking lot....espcially when he was giving her a gift from LaSenza....odd place to give your gf a gift like that.....wonder if he was starting to creep her out!!!

BBM. That is what I think! These tweets made me think that:

AM980.ca &#8207; @AM980_Court
He called her from White Oaks Mall, said he would buy her things for Vegas. She wasn't comfortable with it. He also bought her kids things.

Rafferty called her around 7 on May 19th. Said he wanted to give her the stuff. She offered to meet at GoodLife parking lot.

Thanks for clarifying brighidin. I did catch all that but since the shoes were in JW's car i assumed they were one of the gifts for her. Why would he put that parcel in her car if they were his? What am i missing here?

yup...we covered that a few pages back...the law changed in june 2009

Some other poster quoted one of my posts before I left for dinner, and was trying to tell me he would have needed one. I disagreed so I checked.

We've covered lots of things more than once, TBH.

I totally agree HK. MR had the opportunity to make things right for himself and for the tax paying citizens of this country by telling his version of the truth right from the get go and bringing Victoria home in a timely manner. Preferably the day it happened. Saving millions of dollars of taxpayer money and LE time and effort. He didn't because his version is not the truth IMO. So LE and the citizens of this country owe him nothing if he should somehow manage to wiggle his way out of this.

If anyone should be apologizing and paying restitution it's him. Hopefully that restitution comes in the form of a life sentence for first degree murder.

MOO

My post stated that IF MR was innocent.........as in totally innocent of any part of the crime, including the planning, commission of the crimes, or hiding of the evidence.

Participation in any part of those would obviously negate any claim of "innocence"

JMO..............

BBM. That is what I think! These tweets made me think that:

He called her from White Oaks Mall, said he would buy her things for Vegas. She wasn't comfortable with it. He also bought her kids things.

Rafferty called her around 7 on May 19th. Said he wanted to give her the stuff. She offered to meet at GoodLife parking lot.

Yeah kinda weird she wanted to meet him at the goodlife parking lot. Think maybe it was a setup by the cops?

Oh I am sure the officer would've shone his flashlight on them and into the back seat of the car had he pulled them over. Could you imagine the sight he would have seen? Either one of them had changed their clothing, evidence is the car...(That's if this happened after they did their evil deeds). This would've all been over three years ago.

I know Tori sent something, a message, just something to show his involvement. She wouldn't have let her murderer(s) get away with this, no way. MOO. We're praying for Justice Sweet little Tori. <3

TLM likely wasn't in the car at the time swedie. She testified to being dropped off at a variety store in Woodstock a couple of hours earlier. The police officer saw the car just before midnight.

So even after burying a child under a pile of rocks, MR was still zipping around in his car hours later. No idea where he went or why.

Tori did leave a sign of what happened to her IMO. Just one drop of blood mixed with sperm cells left on the frame of the car right beside the rear passenger seat as she was likely lifted out of the vehicle to take a washroom break. Just one that happened to land in a spot that they missed during their massive cleanup.

MOO

Yeah kinda weird she wanted to meet him at the goodlife parking lot. Think maybe it was a setup by the cops?

Like a ..sabotage?!
(trying really hard NOT to post a Beastie Boys video here, but it totally popped into my head when I read your post. But since no smilies are allowed, videos probably aren't either.) :(

My post stated that IF MR was innocent.........as in totally innocent of any part of the crime, including the planning, commission of the crimes, or hiding of the evidence.

Participation in any part of those would obviously negate any claim of "innocence"

JMO..............

Can I answer this :)

I still don't agree with you that the law should apologize, they did their jobs. Even LE didn't apologize to TM for being suspicious of her, they also were doing their job. :) Do you see everyone that ever has a trial in the future being apologized to? I don't because it's their job to apply the law.

Maybe or maybe she really did start to feel uncomfortable with him. He doesn't seem like a person that would take no for an answer jmo

Like a ..sabotage?!
(trying really hard NOT to post a Beastie Boys video here, but it totally popped into my head when I read your post. But since no smilies are allowed, videos probably aren't either.) :(

smilies were disabled due to members using them to attack one another. this lands at random.. just jumping off your post

Like a ..sabotage?!

I don't know about sabotage, but maybe LE contacted her and she lured him to the parking lot so they would arrest him? I don't know, it's just a theory :)

So where did they find the brand new pair of Pumas that were shown in evidence photos? I was always under the impression they were found in JW's car. When did he buy them and where?

MOO

Sorry if someone already answered. I thought he got them in White Oaks at a mall along with his LaSenza gift for JW. Those are the bags he was carrying to JW's car in Good Life Fitness parking lot when the 20 cops busted him. That one black thing in the picture looks like a backpack of sorts. From what I understand, Puma has unique packaging for their shoes. So many the black bag contains MR's new shoes. I though earlier reports said he was only carrying two bags. Maybe the black thing is JW? *scratching head...hmmm MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SLEUTHER TRAE PGH