TX TX - Sheri Vickers, 44, may be in danger, Fort Worth, 23 Mar 2023

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
341715881_189537373447628_1617100725675752656_n.jpg

FORT WORTH, Texas — The Fort Worth Police Department (FWPD) is asking for the public’s help in locating a 44-year-old woman who has been missing for nearly a month.

FWPD said Sheri Lynne Vickers, 44, was last seen around 11 a.m. Thursday, March 23, in the 2600 block of Cherry Lane.

The department is concerned because they believe Vickers “may be in danger,” the missing persons flyer says.

FWPD said Vickers has been entered into the Texas Crime Information Center/ National Crime Information Center.

Vickers is described as a white woman who stands at 5’3” and weighs about 175 pounds.

Anyone with information concerning her location is asked to call the Fort Worth Police Department at 817-392-4222.

rbbm.
''Vickers is described as a white woman who stands at 5’3” and weighs about 175 pounds.
Anyone with information concerning her location is asked to call the Fort Worth Police Department at 817-392-4222.''
1682700991076.png

BIG COUNTRY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Law enforcement agencies are searching for a missing woman who is now believed to be deceased. Sheri Lynne Vickers was last seen on March 23, 2023, in Breckenridge, Texas, according to the Fort Worth Intelligence Exchange Fusion Center. She was accompanied by John Brown Lewis in a white Dodge Ram with license plate number RPS8751.

405273603_743337747823539_7225836723271300015_n.jpg

405271503_743337581156889_3600533728221888416_n.jpg

She is now believed to be deceased, and her body may have been dumped somewhere within an hour’s drive of Stephens County on the morning of March 24, 2023

McAnally said there’s no evidence that Vickers was necessarily killed by someone; no bloody crime scene, no murder weapon, no witnesses relaying a story about an argument or fight. It’s possible that Vickers died of natural causes or of an overdose and that someone panicked, not wanting to call 911 to report her death, and hid her body somewhere, the detective said.

Missing since March, Fort Worth detectives believe Sheri Vickers is dead, ask for help

[...]
Sheri Vickers and John Brown Lewis had been dating off and on for several years, McAnally said family members told her, and it wasn’t a healthy relationship. Lewis is suspected of dealing drugs while he was with her, and family members told investigators he may have been abusive. The current best theory, based on witness interviews, is that Lewis was going to Breckenridge for a drug deal and he took Sheri Vickers and another woman with him, McAnally said. It’s hard to know for sure because Lewis, who is currently in jail on unrelated charges including a parole violation, won’t talk with her.
[...]

The Fort-Worth Star Telegram article was behind a paywall for me. It looks like this NBCDFW article has similar information.

“She’s got a bag full of clothes, a cell phone," McAnally pointed out as Vickers and the other woman got into a white pickup truck, which had clear damage to the front.

“And there is where Sheri goes dark," McAnally said.
n6pr-p-missing-fw-woman_KXAS38U3_2023-12-07-17-37-35.jpg

Based on the MSM link shared by both @Unalienable Rights and @imstilla.grandma, it would appear the fate of Sheri Vickers is tied to her on-again-off-again boyfriend, John Lewis. Several MSM reports indicate Lewis is unwilling to speak with LE regarding her disappearance which, IMO, is not a positive sign.

Missing Fort Worth woman feared dead

[...]
McAnally said the other woman in the car has been cooperating with their investigation, telling them when she left the group in Breckenridge, Vickers was still unconscious. She told officers when she met up again with Lewis later and asked where Vickers was, Lewis told her he'd dropped her back off in Fort Worth.
[...]

The unidentified 'other woman' claims that at some point after leaving the hotel Sheri became unconscious, and remained that way until she parted ways with them in Breckenridge. It's unclear so far what caused Sheri to become unconscious. However, given the fact that MSM reports Lewis is suspected of being involved with drugs, IMO there could be a possible connection.

I would be curious to hear from this 'other woman' regarding details of what took place before they left the hotel and what happened during the drive to Breckenridge.

1702041685852.png
Her last appearance in Fort Worth was at a hotel on Cherry Lane, where she got into a truck with a man and a woman. Detectives used digital data to track the three people from that hotel to Breckenridge, a small town on U.S. Highway 180 in Stephens County about two hours west of Fort Worth, on the evening of March 23. McAnally said witnesses told her they saw Vickers in the same truck, a white Dodge Ram, asleep.

“I think I can say with confidence that that was the last time that anybody saw her and I don’t think she is alive,” McAnally told the Star-Telegram.

“He was the first to realize something was wrong and say he hadn’t heard from her in three days,” Emily Vickers said. “I’d spoken to her about four days before.”

Witnesses told McAnally that at one point Sheri Vickers was seen asleep in the truck while Lewis and the other woman were out of the vehicle talking to them. They told the detective that at one point, they heard Lewis say he felt like Vickers was “dead weight” and that he needed to get her out of the vehicle.

The other woman who was in the truck has been cooperative and is not suspected to have anything to do with Sheri Vickers’ death or disappearance, according to McAnally.

“Everybody loves Sheri. She didn’t hide her struggles from her friends and family but she would help anybody,” McAnally said. “Sheri is well loved and well known here. ... She has her mother who lives in Haltom City and she cares for her and then she has an autistic son that needs care and then she has two adult daughters in the area.”

“She would put anybody else’s needs sometimes before hers and I think anybody who knew her knew she would always be there no matter what,” Emily Vickers said. “She didn’t live the most perfect, moral life but she definitely loved her life and loved her family and loved the people around her.”

Missing Fort Worth woman feared dead
[...]
But she said Vickers stopped responding to calls and texts during that car ride-- which detectives tracked west to Breckenridge, Texas. “Her social media, her phone, nothing is ever used again by Sheri," McAnally said.

She said Vickers is never seen getting out of the car, either.

“We have witness accounts that put her passed out, asleep, unconscious, in the front seat," she said.
[...]

MOO, but based on the wording of that statement by Det. McAnally it suggests that Sheri was awake and communicating during the initial stages of that two-hour drive to Breckenridge, and at some point became unresponsive and stopped communicating. The question is why would she stop responding?

Missing since March, Fort Worth detectives believe Sheri Vickers is dead, ask for help
We're also told that the 'other woman' in the vehicle, as well as other unidentified witnesses, claim Sheri was asleep or unconscious when they were in Breckenridge.

[...]
The current best theory, based on witness interviews, is that Lewis was going to Breckenridge for a drug deal and he took Sheri Vickers and another woman with him, McAnally said. It’s hard to know for sure because Lewis, who is currently in jail on unrelated charges including a parole violation, won’t talk with her. Witnesses told McAnally that at one point Sheri Vickers was seen asleep in the truck while Lewis and the other woman were out of the vehicle talking to them. They told the detective that at one point, they heard Lewis say he felt like Vickers was “dead weight” and that he needed to get her out of the vehicle.
[...]

“I think there is a chance that I could be wrong,” added McAnally, per NBC 5. “I wouldn’t mind if I was. But the circumstances around her being asleep in the truck, never waking up, the person she was with not communicating about what happened to her, and then all of her accounts never being heard from again…”

McAnally believes that Vickers’ body may still be near Breckenridge and urged people in the area to be on the lookout.

“I know it’s an unpleasant task,” said McAnally, per NBC 5. “Looking for her in rural area, wooded areas… it could be private property.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57
Back