Sex - Female
Height - 5' 0" - 5' 4" (60 - 64 Inches)
Weight - 130 - 140 lbs
Race / Ethnicity - American Indian / Alaska Native
Tribe Enrollment / Affiliation - Yes
Associated Tribe(s): Enrolled with Kiowa Tribe
Date of Last Contact - January 1, 1975

Last Known Location - Dallas, Texas​

Circumstances of Disappearance - Originally from Anadarko, Oklahoma. Last seen in 1972 in Anadarko but she resided in Dallas. Kept in contact with [her] family until approximately 1975. Declared deceased from family through BIA/Kiowa Tribal Court.
Hair Color - Brown
Eye Color - Brown

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'WHAT HAPPENED TO SONJA? Dallas, TX 1975 Missing Person Sonja Kay Redbird was 19 when she disappeared from Dallas, Texas some time in 1975. She had previously been a resident of Anadarko and Moore, Oklahoma. She was between 5'0 and 5'4 tall and around 135 lbs with brown hair and brown eyes. If you know where Ms. Redbird is or what happened to her, please contact the Kiowa Tribe of Oklahoma at(580) 654-2300 or the US Attorney's Office Western District Oklahoma at (405) 553-8700 and ask to speak to James Mogren, Law Enforcement Coordinator.'

Sonja has been missing for about 48 years this year.
I was just thinking of Sonja, and your bumping this thread put it on my New Posts! What a coincidence.
I wonder if Sonja has any living friends or relatives who would be able to provide more details on her disappearance.

I have to wonder - her NamUs says she was last seen in 1972 but communicated until 1975. I wonder what part of 1975 she fell off the radar in (so to speak), and how these communications were done (writing, phone calls, both). I also wonder if she had a regular job since it doesn't sound like she was being financially supported by her family...if she lived with roommates, had a partner, etc. Lots of details unknown.

OK. I just ran a NamUs search for female skeletal remains found in Texas or Oklahoma from January 1975 to December 1985, just to narrow it down. 23 results...time to start digging...

Best possibilities I found from TX/OK:
#UP4564 - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found July 1976 - estimated as different race, but race estimations can be wrong
#UP4643 - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found December 1979 - estimated as different race, but race estimations can be wrong
#UP8473 - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Found October 1980 - listed as possible Native American, age range (30-60) is off

Has she ever been considered as the possible mother of the "middle child" in the Rasmussen Bear Brook/Allentown cases? If she lived in Texas for a few years and kept touch with her family up til 1975, it's possible her family would not know whether she had a child or not. Just speculating as Rasmussen appeared in Texas in the early 70s.

Has she ever been considered as the possible mother of the "middle child" in the Rasmussen Bear Brook/Allentown cases? If she lived in Texas for a few years and kept touch with her family up til 1975, it's possible her family would not know whether she had a child or not. Just speculating as Rasmussen appeared in Texas in the early 70s.
MC had no substantial Native ancestry according to DNA analysis. A bit of African and if I remember, maybe a tiny bit of Native but she was predominantly White. She would be 50% Native if her mom was fully Native.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul
Back