TX TX - Veronica Gallegos, 19, Gun Barrel City, 11 January 2005

caringo

Reaction score
VERONICA-GALLEGOS-2.jpg
Original

Gallegos was last seen in Gun Barrel City, Texas on January 11, 2005. Her live-in boyfriend said she packed a suitcase and left; he speculated she'd returned to her native Mexico. She has never been heard from again. Her family reported her missing three or four days after her disappearance.

Gallegos left behind her purse, her Mexican identification and her six-month-old child. Her boyfriend is considered a person of interest in her case and has stopped cooperating with investigators. Foul play is possible in her disappearance, but few details are available in her case.

Veronica Gallegos – The Charley Project

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

(This is my first time creating a thread on WebSleuths so bear with me! <3 This case has gotten next to no coverage in the media and her family deserves to know what happened to her!)

182298146_3520222838077888_2447936374660177664_n.png

From the Kansas Missing & Unsolved page. I directly contacted the owner of the page (Ricky Tebrugge) who said it was requested to be made by a family member. I have contact with that alleged family member now over Facebook, I'm not fully sure what the etiquette here is on sharing unsubstantiated information from an unverified source so I won't say anything more at this time. I have been trying to search for how to request information from the Henderson County (TX) Sheriff's Department about the case but haven't figured it out yet.

Here are some more photos of Veronica from her sister. She was a beautiful young girl. Her daughter is now 17 years old.

Attachments

• 0BE73894-CD30-4E26-852D-2B90A587C67A.jpeg
    0BE73894-CD30-4E26-852D-2B90A587C67A.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 4706883E-36D5-48EB-80DD-0074BA82B628.jpeg
    4706883E-36D5-48EB-80DD-0074BA82B628.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 13
  • FCB53925-DA45-4647-BEE3-AC3AA4E57057.jpeg
    FCB53925-DA45-4647-BEE3-AC3AA4E57057.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 11
Working on digging up as much information as possible on this case. This is one that has haunted me for so long (I grew up right outside of Gun Barrell City in Athens, TX) and would love a resolution.

Working on digging up as much information as possible on this case. This is one that has haunted me for so long (I grew up right outside of Gun Barrell City in Athens, TX) and would love a resolution.

Ive been thinking about it so much as well. Did you hear about it when it first happened?

Hi @caringo

I appreciate your help on this matter. Veronica Gallegos is my cousin, I was 13 years old when this happened. Missing Person Case (namus.gov)
I found this info. online for Veronicas case.

Unfortunately our family was not told what happened to Veronica.

Henderson County Sheriff Office
(903) 675-5128

Agency Case NumberC05-01363

182298146_3520222838077888_2447936374660177664_n.png

From the Kansas Missing & Unsolved page. I directly contacted the owner of the page (Ricky Tebrugge) who said it was requested to be made by a family member. I have contact with that alleged family member now over Facebook, I'm not fully sure what the etiquette here is on sharing unsubstantiated information from an unverified source so I won't say anything more at this time. I have been trying to search for how to request information from the Henderson County (TX) Sheriff's Department about the case but haven't figured it out yet.
ringo

I appreciate your help on this matter. Veronica Gallegos is my cousin, I was 13 years old when this happened. Missing Person Case (namus.gov)

(903) 675-5128

ringo

(903) 675-5128

Hi jgallegos1, I am so sorry for the pain you must all have gone through. I was in contact with Veronica's sister A (using initial only for her privacy) last year and she was the one who provided me with some additional photos.

I have continued to think about Veronica from time to time. Would any of your family be interested in talking to some true crime podcasters or Youtube hosts to get her story out farther?

Hi @caringo
I am Veronica’s daughter and just turned 20. I fortunately still live in the Henderson county area and it’s refreshing to see somewhat recent postings regarding her disappearance. I never have gotten closure on anything that happened with my mother, it just was never really talked about between my father and I. Some of my other family members however did sometimes mention some things while I was around which is how I realized that my mother was not around. It never was directly to me but I always overheard. I was unfortunately far too young to even remember her personally, yet it feels like a big part of me has always been missing. I’ve never asked my family about her because I wasn’t sure I could. I didn’t want to make anybody sad so I would always do my own research here and there. I’ve only found out about this page today and I was so happy to see someone else speaking up about her case. I really appreciate it! Anyways I do wish to one day get some closure on her case not just for my sake but for the rest of my family:) included is a photo of my self and my father from my graduation almost 2 years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_6017.jpeg
    IMG_6017.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi @caringo
I am Veronica’s daughter and just turned 20. I fortunately still live in the Henderson county area and it’s refreshing to see somewhat recent postings regarding her disappearance. I never have gotten closure on anything that happened with my mother, it just was never really talked about between my father and I. Some of my other family members however did sometimes mention some things while I was around which is how I realized that my mother was not around. It never was directly to me but I always overheard. I was unfortunately far too young to even remember her personally, yet it feels like a big part of me has always been missing. I’ve never asked my family about her because I wasn’t sure I could. I didn’t want to make anybody sad so I would always do my own research here and there. I’ve only found out about this page today and I was so happy to see someone else speaking up about her case. I really appreciate it! Anyways I do wish to one day get some closure on her case not just for my sake but for the rest of my family:)
Thank you your comment! ❤️❤️ I think about your mom and her disappearance often and hope you find answers one day. I can totally understand feeling like a piece of you is missing even though you never really knew her.

Have you ever considered doing a DNA test and submitting it to a website like dnasolves.com? I wonder if that could yield any information on what happened to your mom.

Thank you your comment! ❤️❤️ I think about your mom and her disappearance often and hope you find answers one day. I can totally understand feeling like a piece of you is missing even though you never really knew her.

Have you ever considered doing a DNA test and submitting it to a website like dnasolves.com? I wonder if that could yield any information on what happened to your mom.
Honestly never thought of doing it myself however I kind of remember some people from the sheriffs office or something come to our house when I was little and took some swabs of my mouth. I’m assuming that was some kind of dna test but I don’t remember if anything ever came of that. I’m not sure of what to do regarding the case and plus it’s been years. I don’t know if there’s rlly anything else I can do other than wait to be honest. I guess I could do some kind of dna test like you suggested and see what comes off of that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back