UK UK - Anthony, 62, missing from Timperley, Ches, last seen at junction of Greenway Road/Park Road 11.12am, 19 Dec 2023

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
A desperate search is continuing to find a missing man who has now not been seen for more than a week.

Anthony went missing from Timperley last Tuesday (December 19). The 62-year-old was last spotted at the junction of Greenway Road and Park Road at around 11.12am.

Police have since issued multiple appeals for help to find him, as well as CCTV footage of his movements on Greenway Road. Officers said his family are being supported during this 'difficult and distressing time'.

Screenshot_20231227-182000_Facebook-01.jpeg

This is literally round the corner from where I live - I hope his family have answers soon.

There’s quite a lot of waterways not too far from this area, within literally a minute walk from where he was last seen you can access the bridge water canal - which is IMO where he will be found unfortunately. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see a positive outcome on this one

Greater Manchester Police have released CCTV footage of missing man - Anthony - a 62-year-old man from Timperley who went missing on Tuesday 19 December 2023.

Anthony, also known as Tony, was last seen wearing blue cargo pants, a blue Berghaus fleece, and a black coat and described as 6 feet and 1 inch tall.

He was last spotted at the junction of Greenway Road and Park Road in Timperley around 11:12am on Tuesday 19 December 2023.

The CCTV footage shows Anthony's movements as he walked down Greenway Road.

GMP Facebook page

Last edited:

Family have made an emotional appeal.

It states he had a chronic illness and was in constant pain which makes me think he’s probably decided to end his life.

This is local to me too. Very sad if he did decide to end his life. There is a little row of businesses before the tram stop which I would have thought he would have been captured on if he was heading to the canal. Park road is very busy at almost times of the day but if he did decide to go to the canal if he took the path headed towards Altrincham it is very quiet. I used to walk home from work that way and rarely saw anyone. Heading in the other direction towards Sale is much busier.

Today (Friday 19 January 2024) GMP refresh the public appeal for any help in finding Tony (also known as Anthony) from Timperley, as today marks one month since he was reported missing on Tuesday 19 December 2023.

In this video, Tony’s family - sons Simon and Sam, and wife Jackie - alongside Detective Sergeant Jake Corrigan from GMP’s Trafford CID, call out for any information including doorbell, dashcam and CCTV footage which may help the ongoing search.

If you have any information you think may help, please contact GMP by calling 101 and quoting log 1367 of 19 December 2023. In an emergency, you should call 999.
Read more here: https://orlo.uk/5xdct

Sad news. RIP Tony and thoughts to your family. Very sad but at least the family have closure.
#TRIBUTE I A body found in Cheshire on Sunday has been sadly confirmed as missing Trafford man Tony Williamson. His family says they are 'truly devastated by his loss'.

They add: "We would like to thank everyone for sharing social media posts, and members of the public and friends who have been out looking for our dad Tony.

"It is truly with great sadness to say that he has passed away after battling a chronic illness that caused a severe decline in his mental health."

➡️ https://orlo.uk/aTv4P

Sad news. RIP Tony and thoughts to your family. Very sad but at least the family have closure.
#TRIBUTE I A body found in Cheshire on Sunday has been sadly confirmed as missing Trafford man Tony Williamson. His family says they are 'truly devastated by his loss'.

They add: "We would like to thank everyone for sharing social media posts, and members of the public and friends who have been out looking for our dad Tony.

"It is truly with great sadness to say that he has passed away after battling a chronic illness that caused a severe decline in his mental health."

➡️ https://orlo.uk/aTv4P
This is such a coincidence I was thinking of Anthony this morning as a body was found this morning in Charlton water park and I suspected it could have been him.

I’m guessing he entered the water pretty close to where he was last sighted on the CCTV.

RIP Anthony thoughts are with his family - I think they knew this was the outcome from day one

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv
Back