UK UK- Ipswich serial killer, Steve Wright, 63, July 2021 *New murder charge*

dotr

Reaction score
July 29 2021
Ipswich serial killer arrested over 1999 murder of 17-year-old girl, report says
''Serial killer Steve Wright has been arrested in connection with the unsolved murder of a 17-year-old girl who died in Felixstowe in 1999, according to a report.

Wright was convicted of the killings of five prostitutes in Ipswich in 2008. All were found in isolated locations near the town between 2 December and 12 December 2006. He was ordered to spend the rest of his life in jail for the crimes.''

''At his 2008 trial, a jury took less than eight hours to find Wright guilty of murdering Gemma Adams, 25, Tania Nicol, 19, Anneli Alderton, 24, Paula Clennell, 24, and Annette Nicholls, 29.

The former steward on the QE2, who lived in Ipswich, Suffolk, had denied any involvement in the women's deaths.

Prosecutors said Wright, who lived in the red light district, “systematically selected and murdered” women after stalking streets around his home.

A pathologist said the evidence showed all the women had been choked or strangled.

The judge noted during the trial the “macabre” way in which Wright had arranged two of the women's bodies in a crucifix shape.''

VICTORIA HALL"s Ws thread..
UK - UK - Victoria 'Vicky' Hall, 17, Trimley St Mary, Suffolk, 18 Sept 1999

46103113-9844861-image-a-31_1627666104720.jpg

Steve Wright, 63, was given a whole life tariff for the murders of five prostitutes in Ipswich in 2008

EXCLUSIVE Ex-wife of Suffolk Strangler Steve Wright says she is glad he has been arrested | Daily Mail Online
''Wright, 63, given a whole life tariff for the murders of five prostitutes in Ipswich in 2008, was dramatically arrested at Long Lartin Prison in Worcestershire on Wednesday this week on suspicion of the murder of 17-year-old Miss Hall.

Suffolk Police had reopened an investigation into her death two years ago after receiving new 'information from witnesses' which they described at the time as significant.

Now Diane Cole, who married the serial killer in 1987 but divorced just two-years later has spoken exclusively with MailOnline about the arrest.

Ms Cole, who now lives in the North East, said: 'I heard about his arrest yesterday and my initial thoughts were 'so be it'. I hope that Victoria Hall's family will eventually get some closure. I hope justice is done.

'I'm glad the job is getting done and being sorted out once and for all because I just want the truth out there.

'By the time of the murders, Steve wasn't in my life anymore, he'd gone.'''

Thanks for creating this thread @dotr

Criminologist Professor David Wilson stated in the documentary Killers Behind Bars that the murder of the five victims in Ipswich was too practised for a first time murderer

Murders linked to Wright:

• Michelle Bettles, 22 years old, a sex worker in Norwich who was last seen on Thurs 28 / Fri 29th March 2002. Her body was found in woodland in Scarning, near Dereham on 31st March 2002. She had been strangled.
  • Natalie Pearman, 16 years old, a sex worker last seen on Rouen Road in Norwich at 1:15am on Thursday 20 November 1992. Her body was found in a lay-by at Ringland Road, Norwich at 3:50am the same day, she had been asphyxiated.
  • Amanda Duncan, 26, a sex worker. Has been missing since Friday 2 July 1993. She was last seen in the around midnight on Portmans Walk in Ipswich talking to the driver of a dark coloured Ford Sierra, possibly green or blue in colour.
  • Kellie Pratt, 28, was a sex worker who has been missing since Sunday 11 June 2000. Last seen outside The Rose pub in Queens Road, Norwich talking on her mobile phone.

Last edited:
So I was unaware of the list above - thank you KarenUK.

I did a brief search today - geographical area etc. The names I came up with.

• Jeanette Kempton 1989 - this is more of a hypothesis. Jeanette went missing from Brixton, South London in 1989. Her body was found in the Suffolk countryside - the reason I have Jeanette on the list is that Jeanette was a alcoholic. Steve Wright was a licensee in South London in and around the time of her disappearance and murder. I need to find out more information about this part of Smiths life.
  • Natalie Pearlman 1992 - body dumped in woodland - however Steve Wright has been ruled out.
  • Amanda Duncan 1993 (Body never found) Missing from London Road Ipswich a renowned Red light district - unfortunately Amanda has never been found
  • Kellie Pratt 2000 (Though Steve Wright has been ruled out)
I will continue to look at his MO. and attempt to link other cases - I just don't think this person discriminates - I don't think he became a spree killer.

Came across this today
Prostitutes in fear of serial killer
Mentions another working girl from Ipswich.
Does anyone have a timeline of where Steve Wright was living or working through the time period please? Thanks x
Will poke around, meanwhile..
''Timeline: the Suffolk murders
16 Jan 2008 rbbm.
Timeline: the Suffolk murders

Their bodies were found in isolated locations around Ipswich and near the main A14 road, which runs from the Suffolk town to Cambridge, between December 2 and December 12 2006.

October 30: Tania Nicol was the first to disappear. Police think she was last seen at 11pm on Monday October 30 in Ipswich's red light area - near Wright's home in London Road and close to Ipswich Town's Portman Road football ground. Her naked body was found on December 8 in a brook at Copdock Mill.

November 14: The second to go missing was Gemma Adams. Police think she was last seen at about 10.30pm on November 14. Her body was the first to be found - on December 2. She was also naked and her remains were discovered in a brook near Hintlesham.

December 3: Anneli Alderton, 24, disappeared late on December 3. Her naked body was found on December 10 in woodland in Nacton.

December 8: Annette Nicholls was thought to have vanished on the afternoon of December 8. Her naked body was found on December 12 near Levington.

December 10: Paula Clennell was last seen on December 10. Her naked body was also found at Levington on December 12 - a few hundred yards from where Miss Nicholls' remains were found.''

ETA Ws thread for potential victim of SW..
UK - UK - Jeanette Kempton, Brixton, found murdered in a field near Wangford, Suffolk, 02.18.89

2020 rbbm.
Ex-police officer links Jeanette Kempton cold case to Steve Wright
''But since his prosecution, cold case detectives have explored his links to other unsolved murders of women in similar circumstances.

Now former Norfolk police intelligence officer Chris Clark, who investigates cold cases, has linked Wright to the murder of a young mum called Jeanette Kempton 30 years ago.''

''Wright, who used to run the Ferry Boat Inn in Norwich, was living in Chislehurst, south London, and working in a pub there when Jeanette disappeared.

Brixton is about 10 miles from Chislehurst and Mr Clark said his research had shown Wright ranged far and wide by himself at night.

He said: 'Wright disappeared in all of his relationships very frequently. No one knew where he was in the evening.'''

The timeline and the geographical profile - that is where Suffolk police should be looking.'

One of the biggest leads in the case was the sighting of a hire van with a London phone number on it, spotted three days after Jeanette disappeared near to where her body was dumped. Despite extensive enquiries police have never found who was driving the van.''

upload_2021-9-24_11-51-1.png

Ipswich: Sex work in town with serial killer past is halved, police say

Police say the number of sex workers operating in a red light area where a serial killer murdered five women has been cut in half.

In November, the BBC revealed prostitution had returned to Ipswich's streets, 15 years after Steve Wright killed five sex workers in the town.

Women told how they had been beaten, abducted and kidnapped by clients.

Suffolk Police said it had since cut the number of known sex workers operating in the area from 10 to five.

I hate to say but I am sure that 10 is not a very accurate number

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karimahlaksita