UK UK - Janice Weston, 36, Murdered, A1 Layby, Brampton, Cambs. / London, 10 September 1983

Legally Bland

Reaction score
The unsolved murder of a solicitor whose body was found near the A1 in Cambridgeshire is being reviewed by police 35 years on.

Janice Weston, 36, lived and worked in London and was last seen at her office on 10 September 1983.

Her body was found the next day in a ditch close to the Brampton Hut roundabout, near Huntingdon. She had died as a result of blows to the head.

Police review 1983 solicitor murder case

This new article from Camden New Journal gives a little more detail on the case.

Janice Weston murder: Police re-open file after 35 years

Given her purse was found with her, plus none of her jewellery missing, seems to rule out robbery being the motive. I wonder it it was something/someone the husband was involved with? A shady deal gone wrong?

This link gives some of the press coverage. Also shows that she was a fairly wealthy woman at the time of her death and had been the recipient of a large sum of money from a will.

Janice Weston

Last edited:
It's a very strange case, and it's a great shame there weren't more video surveillance cameras around in those days that might have caught the perp on camera.

The nature of how JW left London seems like she more likely had familiarity with the person she left with? So I think my first interest would be in hearing from neighbours who she'd been seen talking to in the prior few months, and phone records of who she'd been talking to.

Link to the original Crimewatch appeal in 1984 starts at c.3.15. I'm ashamed to say l had a little LOL moment at the e fit of the 'Manchester Bogeyman' just before

Whoops didn't see this was already posted, apologies.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexandercombes
Back