UK LE request permission to interview 3 suspected burglars!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And is it possible they have something else on these people, maybe an internet crime they can arrest them for? And even if they are arresting them in connection with the Maddie case, it doesn't mean they have "solved" the case, just that they have evidence of their involvement. Again I say not all is black and white and we don't know what LE is holding close to the vest, as many have stated in other cases, that LE always holds some information tightly.

Well, if they're burglars, maybe they could be arrested for burglary...?

They should definitely have something more than just some guys making phone calls to each other IMO or this thing has been much overhyped again. I don't think it would ever hold in court as evidence of a kidnapping. I made quite a few phone calls the other night and I didn't kidnap anyone.

Well, if they're burglars, maybe they could be arrested for burglary...?

They should definitely have something more than just some guys making phone calls to each other IMO or this thing has been much overhyped again. I don't think it would ever hold in court as evidence of a kidnapping. I made quite a few phone calls the other night and I didn't kidnap anyone.

BBM: For SY to make an arrest in another country, it would not be for robbing someone in the other country, that would be up to the local authorities. If any of this arrest story is true, it has to be something much larger and connected to the UK I would think.

2nd paragraph. Exactly my point, not all is laid out for us and not all is cut and dry from what we know, unless someone here has an inside scoop thay aren't sharing.
Per your last line, was someone kidnapped from your area the other night when you made a lot of calls? If not, it's neither here nor there.

Stay on topic, please. This thread is not about donations. It is about possible witnesses/perps.

Thanks,

Salem

I think they need to talk to these "burglars" because their phones place them in the area. Until they are interviewed, it is unknown if they could be perps or just witnesses. I also think the media is hyping it to the greatest extent possible.

Just my thoughts,

Salem

BBM: For SY to make an arrest in another country, it would not be for robbing someone in the other country, that would be up to the local authorities. If any of this arrest story is true, it has to be something much larger and connected to the UK I would think.

2nd paragraph. Exactly my point, not all is laid out for us and not all is cut and dry from what we know, unless someone here has an inside scoop thay aren't sharing.
Per your last line, was someone kidnapped from your area the other night when you made a lot of calls? If not, it's neither here nor there.

I agree. I am hoping that making this public will put pressure on the authorities to make the suspects available. It is in their best interest to investigate.

--I think that the "burglars'" multiple conversations might have been about what they saw that night rather than what they had done. It's hard to give much credence to any of the stories that come out. Just a few weeks ago it was all about the ex employee dead in a truck accident guy. And what about the guy in the UK who had 'met' Madeleine at a party? Remember all the sightings of Madeleine with various people on the night she disappeared? And that guy (name escapes me) who lived with his elderly mother and had his entire landscape dug up (and his reputation trashed). What about the pedo who was camping out somewhere within a hundred miles or so? And what about the guy seen by the Smith family- he was in the right place at the right time to be the kidnaper? The Smiths should have been extensively questioned years ago- maybe hypnotized- to get every last bit of information from them. Certainly the e-fits could have been released and publicized sooner.

This case won't be solved until someone who knows what happened decides to tell the truth regardless of his/her liability/culpability. Time to make a deal.

I have a little problem with that whole story. We here, in EU, have a neat little thing that is called an European Arrest Warrant, and that's what SY should be issuing if they really have enough of evidence to arrest anyone. And I don't think Portugal would have any ground for refusal here. So I think it's just spin and more smokescreen here.

In the meantime we wait for the official letter to arrive. :waiting:

--I think that the "burglars'" multiple conversations might have been about what they saw that night rather than what they had done. It's hard to give much credence to any of the stories that come out. Just a few weeks ago it was all about the ex employee dead in a truck accident guy. And what about the guy in the UK who had 'met' Madeleine at a party? Remember all the sightings of Madeleine with various people on the night she disappeared? And that guy (name escapes me) who lived with his elderly mother and had his entire landscape dug up (and his reputation trashed). What about the pedo who was camping out somewhere within a hundred miles or so? And what about the guy seen by the Smith family- he was in the right place at the right time to be the kidnaper? The Smiths should have been extensively questioned years ago- maybe hypnotized- to get every last bit of information from them. Certainly the e-fits could have been released and publicized sooner.

This case won't be solved until someone who knows what happened decides to tell the truth regardless of his/her liability/culpability. Time to make a deal.

Robert Murat.

What about these other potential perps. One of them is a woman in Spain.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/campaigns/unidentified_people.html

I have a little problem with that whole story. We here, in EU, have a neat little thing that is called an European Arrest Warrant, and that's what SY should be issuing if they really have enough of evidence to arrest anyone. And I don't think Portugal would have any ground for refusal here. So I think it's just spin and more smokescreen here.

I don't think so. I think they are doing it by the book. Dotting i's and crossing t's.

Well, apparently they are asking for help from the local authorities.
2nd paragraph. Exactlyu my point, not all is laid out for us and not all is cut and dry from what we know, unless someone here has an inside scoop thay aren't sharing.

It's here and there because it shows that innocent people can make a lot of calls without being kidnappers. This is true regardless of whether there is someone kidnapped nearby.

Some people might make a lot of calls precisely because there was someone kidnapped nearby and yet be innocent of a kidnapping. Let's say you're a burglar. You have been busy committing crimes in a vacation resort. Suddenly the place is crawling with the police and you have no idea why. Are they looking for you? Have they spoken to your friends yet? Did they give you an alibi? If the police see you and want to talk to you, what's your story? Have the boys hidden the loot yet?

There might be lots of compelling reasons why unrelated criminals would make a lot of phone calls on a night someone gets kidnapped.

[modsnip]
Most of this is media hot air, Madeleine McCann sells newspapers so any chance to get her name in the media will take. Not one media outlet wants to be the one who did not carry the latest rumours and so we see rumours repeated as fact, and the original story added to, and slightly changed with every outlet that reports it. All that is known is that Scotland yard have sent international letters of request to Portugal and that it is thought to be to do with the burglars.

The burglars are thought to be suspects [modsnip] plus their phones showed unusually high activity to each other in the area of madeleine's abduction and at the time. Its unlikely they were talking about having seen anything as they would not know the significance until the next day and no one has come forward to claim the life-changingly high reward which could have been given anonymously.

As for scapegoats, I think that is blinkered. [modsnip], there is no reason to protect them, they are not well connected society people like lord Lucan. The burglars are people who need to be investigated. [modsnip]

But we can only speculate as the police are not giving a running commentary for the public's entertainment, and I suspect the media are not printing the entire truth simply because printing lies like this would not actually get them into trouble as they refer to unknown burglars, and if they did give a blow by blow account of who the police suspect and what they will do there is every chance it will tip off the kidnappers and if the police blame the media the public will be furious and supportive of much greater regulation.

Eta, as to where I got the now snipped information, its all been in the press, both in regards to Madeleine and the home invasions themselves.

I'm not following the logic why it's more concerning that they ran away instead of attacking the parents.

I'm not following the logic why it's more concerning that they ran away instead of attacking the parents.

Sorry, realized upon rereading that my train of thought was not clear. I just thought that given the lack of violence couple with no attempts to steal anything that the men found in the room were there for the child not robbery and that the other violent home invasions were committed by others. But thinking about it it would not seem to make a difference in so far as madeleine's well being is concerned if she was taken in a planned abduction or by burglars.

A European arrest warrant would not be applicable in this case as they are a mechanism for expediting the extradition of people from one member state to another. In this case the crime was committed in Portugal so the UK have no grounds to extradite someone from Portugal to the UK. They have to ask Portugal to arrest people and allow them to question them.

Not true. SY investigates Maddie's kidnapping, SY can issue European Arrest Warrant. Portugal LE can refuse to surender the person in question if that person is being prosecuted for the same act there. But there is nothing that prevents SY from issuing EAW.

All of this has come out of a letter being sent.

UK police did not release details!!!!!

[modsnip]

Just like Black Tractor man ONLY 2 MONTHS AGO.

This is a sleuthing site - follow the evidence.

The police have told the 3 [modsnip] via the papers that they're coming to get them? Please! That's ridiculous! And plain Wrong!

The official spokesman said nothing about any arrests or suspects or burglars...that is all spin.

BBM:
An EAW can only be issued for the purposes of conducting a criminal prosecution (not merely an investigation), or enforcing a custodial sentence.[1] It can only be issued for offences carrying a maximum penalty of 12 months or more in prison. Where sentence has already been passed an EAW can only be issued if the prison term to be enforced is at least four months long.

European Arrest Warrant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

More at link!

And as the crime occurred in Portugal and suspects are there the UK cannot prosecute them, so could not use the EAW system.

But again all that is concrete is that three men were found [modsnip], there had been a spate of home invasions in the area, Scotland yard and Portugal are both investigating the disappearance and have [modsnip], and now Scotland yard have sent letters of international request to Portugal and upon being asked for clarification by the press a spokesman for the family said Scotland yard had sent these letters and the content was unknown but it was likely to do with the burglars. That's it. The rest is all conjuncture and speculation on the part of the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CelionYerkash