UPDATE- Bin Laden is Dead-President spoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.gif

When I heard the first thing that came to mind was the man on the plane who said "Lets Roll" before they tried to take the plane back...I cannot remember his name... but his face is the first i saw with the news....

We're dealing with people who will kill you for a cartoon, they don't really need a reason to launch an attack.

I know, . That is so right. They had no reason for the 911 attack either.

Crowd is still building outside white house! We will see our country come together again like we did in 9/11

My daughter just said..."Ding dong the witch is dead".
Oh...gosh...how will the families of those who died on 9/11 handle all this?

Very interesting speech if anyone paid attention to the wording and language - it was relatively passive, with a focus on the success of the US rather than saying 'we're still going to continue fighting against terrorists' etc.

Ahhh shucks. I know what I mean, but it's not coming out right. It was just very different to usual speeches by US politicians.

When I heard the first thing that came to mind was the man on the plane who said "Lets Roll" before they tried to take the plane back...I cannot remember his name... but his face is the first i saw with the news....
Todd Beamer...lived not that far from me.

Bush.. President obama called me to inform me. I congratulated him and the military. The fight against terror goes on. No matter how long it takes justice will be done.

Paraphrased

The president must have been really jazzed, too, as he was stumbling more than he normally does. Good speech, though!

Oh peeples, that just made me shiver and tear up worse that Obama did...
Wow, this is just incredible

My daughter just said..."Ding dong the witch is dead".
Oh...gosh...how will the families of those who died on 9/11 handle all this?

They interviewed a wife of one who died on 9/11 on a station here and she said she never thought she'd have this closure. Wow.

I remember how badly I wanted them to capture him right after 9/11. I didn't even realize how I'd gotten used to him still being out there after a whole decade. :( I kinda thought he was already dead and we just didn't know cuz he was killed in a cave or something. I'm so glad this day has come! :great:

It was a speech tailored to recapture for us the unity we felt as a nation in the days after 9/11.

I am reminded of the 9/11 terrorist who approached the pearly gates. Thomas Jefferson greets him with a punch in the nose. Then Patrick Henry kicks his a$$. Then James Madison. Then George Washington.

Turns out - they each get 72 Virginians, not virgins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592