UT - Parenting influencer, Ruby Franke, and blogger/podcast partner Jodi Hildebrandt, arrested for Child Abuse, Aug 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Two additional children of Ruby Franke, the vlogger and social media influencer charged with child abuse, have been found in good condition, according to police."

"[T]he other children were located at a family friend’s house in American Fork and then placed in protective custody."

The two children were apparently staying in the partner's house (Jodi Hildebrandt) when LE was alerted yesterday after one escaped. I am unclear where Ruby and her children actually lived at the time. It seems Ruby and her husband were separated for a few months. I don't think the public knows where Ruby and the minor children actually resided at the time of the arrest, whether they were visiting Jodi for podcast recording or whether any/all of them lived in Jodi's house.

If I have that wrong, I ask for correction.

Lots of unanswered questions, imo. I never heard of these people until yesterday, but their rigid beliefs are somewhat familiar in abuse cases, imo.

jmo
I'd never heard of this family but it appears the parents attended Lori’s parenting school.

Hopefully these kids will recover well, and hopefully away from this "mother".

Also hopefully, this might serve to wake parents up that are shamelessly violating their own kid's privacy by putting their faces, lives and every detail about their kids online for anyone to see.

jmo

Hopefully these kids will recover well, and hopefully away from this "mother".

Also hopefully, this might serve to wake parents up that are shamelessly violating their own kid's privacy by putting their faces, lives and every detail about their kids online for anyone to see.

jmo

It won’t as these parents get minted off their kids. You think of all the damage Ruby did to her children to air it on YouTube and it’s taken years to get to this stage. There have been red flags for 5 years and yet they had over 2 million subscribers and millions watched their daily blogs.

These videos clips will never go away and they will always be known for all the wrong reasons now. The only way to stop is it to bring in proper laws that protect the children.

Moooooooooooooo

"Two additional children of Ruby Franke, the vlogger and social media influencer charged with child abuse, have been found in good condition, according to police."

"[T]he other children were located at a family friend’s house in American Fork and then placed in protective custody."

Seems like there were SO many red flags, so why didn't police and CPS (much less the father!) act sooner? There as a bit from this article that addresses it somewhat:

Foster said his department’s involvement in the case is concluded at this point, but he did say there were interactions between Franke and Springville Police in the past year.

Foster says DCFS asked Springville Police to accompany them to the home in October of 2022 to investigate a matter.

“They weren’t very cooperative,” said Foster.

At the time, there was no warrant so neither DCFS nor officers could enter the home.

“We didn’t have enough to get a warrant to get into the home until what happened in St. George,” said Foster, referring to yesterday’s developments.

It won’t as these parents get minted off their kids. You think of all the damage Ruby did to her children to air it on YouTube and it’s taken years to get to this stage. There have been red flags for 5 years and yet they had over 2 million subscribers and millions watched their daily blogs.

These videos clips will never go away and they will always be known for all the wrong reasons now. The only way to stop is it to bring in proper laws that protect the children.

Moooooooooooooo
It's bizarre that parents subscribe to a YouTube parenting influencer who has absolutely no credentials in this arena. As a parent and a former counselor, I cringe.

Not forgetting she took away his bedroom for half a year and he had to sleep on a bean bag. She said he had been showing behaviour concerns.

Yeah, if someone did that to me, I would be having behavior concerns too!

One sign that a child is experiencing discipline that is too harsh is indeed "bad behavior." They figure, they're going to be punished anyway, might as well give them some good reasons to do so.

I also wonder if the husband was abused himself, which I realize doesn't justify his complicity.

I just can't imagine expecting my six year old to pack her own lunch and then making her go hungry when she forgets. She's six! Did Ruby make her do her own laundry too?

Not only abusive, but mean. Petty and mean.

Also, as a parent. I liked taking care of my kids. They're both adults now, but I still like taking care of them when I can.

moo

I just can't imagine expecting my six year old to pack her own lunch and then making her go hungry when she forgets. She's six! Did Ruby make her do her own laundry too?

Not only abusive, but mean. Petty and mean.

Also, eas a parent. I liked taking care of my kids. They're both adults now, but I still like taking care of them when I can.

moo
Same!

No new info, but lots of pictures.

Too little, too late. All these family members knew exactly what was happening in that house. They knew the children were treated abominably. Even the oldest daughter, who I will give a pass to because she is traumatized) knew what was going on. Why didn't they go to the cops? Why didn't they take some of the younger ones out of that environment.
The oldest ones left and left their young, vulnerable siblings there to bear the brunt of the assaults and probably bore the anger the mother felt at the older ones who left.

As for the father, why on earth would he take the oldest boy yet not fight to get the smaller kids out of there? Apathy is as bad as involvement. It boggles my mind that now that the cops are well aware of the treatment those kids endured, they are all singing like canaries. I don't think her sisters or her husband get a pass. Disgraceful.

Too little, too late. All these family members knew exactly what was happening in that house. They knew the children were treated abominably. Even the oldest daughter, who I will give a pass to because she is traumatized) knew what was going on. Why didn't they go to the cops? Why didn't they take some of the younger ones out of that environment.
The oldest ones left and left their young, vulnerable siblings there to bear the brunt of the assaults and probably bore the anger the mother felt at the older ones who left.

As for the father, why on earth would he take the oldest boy yet not fight to get the smaller kids out of there? Apathy is as bad as involvement. It boggles my mind that now that the cops are well aware of the treatment those kids endured, they are all singing like canaries. I don't think her sisters or her husband get a pass. Disgraceful.
I wonder if maybe the husband didn’t want six children, and therefore took less interest in the younger kids than the elder children? Though that seems unlikely if I am right in remembering that Mormons generally encourage people to have larger families. An alternative theory is that he took the eldest son with him when he moved out* because he felt the son would’ve been in danger under the mother’s “care.”

*I am actually not clear on who lived where at the time of the arrests—the husband and son did not live with the mother and other children, but did they stay put in the family home while she shuffled some kids off to live with “family friends” and went to live with the remaining children in her business partner’s home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member