Missing From: Front Royal, Virginia
Classification: Missing
Sex: Male
Race: White
Height: 6’0”
Weight: 175 pounds
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Gray
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A t-shirt, blue jeans and work boots.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Bright wears thick eyeglasses. He has a chipped front tooth.

Details of Disappearance: Bright was last seen in Front Royal, Virginia on May 31, 1980. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.
Investigating Agency:
Warren County Sheriff's Office 540-635-4128

Not listed at NAMUS. Can't find anything out there on Michael.

There is a reason you cannot find information about his disappearance. This case, as with a few other mentioned below, are not meant to be solved, if you catch my drift. This goes deep and touches the Danny Casolaro murder in Martinsburg, WV and his investigations into what described as 'The Octopus'. This disappearance is likely related to a string of murders: Timothy Ryland Conners & Dennis Smedley. Smedley case is still unsolved and one would think that is mighty interesting that the Warren County Police Department mentions nothing of it on it's website. One would think police officer's would want to find a killer of one of their own, but they don't even has him listed as an unsolved murder on the cold case page. No reference at all. Red flag. look into the businessmen who was acquitted for his trial. Google his name. See if there are any other recent crimes under his name that pop up, or if Warren County has had any other officer 'die' or suicide themselves :)

This also ties into the two ladies who were murdered in the Shenandoah National Park in 1996 as well. You all would due well to look into Ted Gunderson's investigation into Jeffrey MadDonald in Fort Brag. Once you have familiarized yourself with that case, start looking into a hippie spiritual cult camp in Front Royal called Subud. You might be intrigued by where Julie Williams and Lollie Winans had been earlier that day before they were murdered. Hint: the car was parked close by.

It get's pretty easy to spot the main players once your start diving in, you'll see the pattern that emerges. Like I said before, these cases were never intended to be solved and have the backing of certain three letter agencies.

Stay safe y'all.

Last edited:
Dennis Smedley is on the VA state police page. Pretty good article with picture.
https://coldcase.vsp.virginia.gov/v...case-03-24017-officer-dennis-michael-smedley/
Danny Casolaro ,Murder details
The Mysterious Death of Dan Casolaro - Unsolved Mysteries
Nothing I found on Timothy Ryland Conner except the dates of birth and death 3/20/67- 10/3/82,
I did not really look that hard

I think the time span between the Shenandoah National Park murders is too great to be related to the 80's cases and the crime profiles are very different imo.

Warren county has is share of problems for sure .
Warren County's top officials indicted in Front Royal embezzlement scam
One example.

Fairfax solved two murders from the 80's and I am wondering if they about about to solve a case from Woodbridge.
Virginia man arrested after DNA links him to 2 women's cold case murders from 80s

Dennis Smedley is on the VA state police page. Pretty good article with picture.
https://coldcase.vsp.virginia.gov/v...case-03-24017-officer-dennis-michael-smedley/
Danny Casolaro ,Murder details
The Mysterious Death of Dan Casolaro - Unsolved Mysteries
Nothing I found on Timothy Ryland Conner except the dates of birth and death 3/20/67- 10/3/82,
I did not really look that hard

I think the time span between the Shenandoah National Park murders is too great to be related to the 80's cases and the crime profiles are very different imo.

Warren county has is share of problems for sure .
Warren County's top officials indicted in Front Royal embezzlement scam
One example.

Fairfax solved two murders from the 80's and I am wondering if they about about to solve a case from Woodbridge.
Virginia man arrested after DNA links him to 2 women's cold case murders from 80s
Don’t you find it odd there is not a mention of smedley’s murder on the local PD pge? Nothing stating, “hey if you have any information on the case, please contact state police?” If you read the newspaper articles about the case, it landed with the state police because it was suspected that a police officer on the force was responsible for the crime. That is how state police wound up with the case to begin with lol..

You won't find anything on Timothy Conners except his find a grave. He was completely wiped from the internet, as were his parents. Supposedly, his parents went on the Sally Jessy Raphael Show (jerry springer before springer), on an episode titled "My Only Son Was Murdered" which supposedly aired October 28, 1991. I cannot for the life of me find the episodes or the archive of them. Those are somehow NOT on the internet, almost as if they have been deleted. The blog also notes that after the episode aired, Sally Jessy Raphael's daughter died in an apparent "overdose" just 4 months later. Now I could not find the episode mentioned above to save my life, but I DID find an episode of Sally Jessy Raphael interviewing Cory Feldman (iykyk) days before her daughter died.

According to the blog, Timothy was going to snitch was whacked as an initiation by group of corrupt cops who were running several different rings of illegal things, with the help and backing of certain three letter agencies...or something along those lines.

I stumbled across this WILD blog, detailed out some pretty heavy allegations and I have been trying to review the claims independently. It's wild and hard to believe, but I keep finding things that back up this man's claims. The insinuation is that Danny Casolaro was looking into HIS murder and several other things before Casolaro was murdered himself.

There is some connection to the 1996 murders, but I do not feel comfortable saying that for liability reasons. Alls I will say is there is some overlap between key people and locations.

Attachments

• Tim Conners Mudrer Program Screenshot 2024-03-06 162551.png
    Tim Conners Mudrer Program Screenshot 2024-03-06 162551.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads