Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
From his court records his Murder 1 charge is considered a 2nd degree felony, up to 40 years. It has to be a capital murder for the DP from what I'm reading. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

18.2-32. First and second degree murder defined; punishment.

snipped

All murder other than capital murder and murder in the first degree is murder of the second degree and is punishable by confinement in a state correctional facility for not less than five nor more than forty years.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-32

IMO, you are correct. I think if they had her body we would be seeing capital murder charges, but I could be wrong.

Redsky - can you post where you saw that the trial has been moved?

From his court records his Murder 1 charge is considered a 2nd degree felony, up to 40 years. It has to be a capital murder for the DP from what I'm reading. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

snipped

All murder other than capital murder and murder in the first degree is murder of the second degree and is punishable by confinement in a state correctional facility for not less than five nor more than forty years.

I read that code wrong. It says All murder other than capital murder and murder in the first degree

Sorry about that.

Remember when they did all that digging around in Randy Taylor's yard.Maybe they found something there.It was very hush hush and sometimes it takes awhile for forensic evidence to come back.I believe they have substantial evidence.They want this guy real bad,
he got away once with Samantha Clarke,they will not mess this up.I thought it was spooky they found all those cell phones in his yard too.

They must have proof of death as I was pretty sure her parents were going to say they believe she is still alive...and they did not.

There is likely evidence that would suggest there was no way for her to survive. That RAT is pure evil, IMO, and it appears there is evidence to suggest that he did something to her remains that may make it impossible to find even a small part of her body.

We don't know what they found in her car, his SUV, the ATV or his trailer, either. Sadly, he has a history of setting a vehicle on fire. Evidence may have been uncovered on the property as well.

Remember when they did all that digging around in Randy Taylor's yard.Maybe they found something there.It was very hush hush and sometimes it takes awhile for forensic evidence to come back.I believe they have substantial evidence.They want this guy real bad,
he got away once with Samantha Clarke,they will not mess this up.I thought it was spooky they found all those cell phones in his yard too.

I am still hoping he does not get away with Samantha Clark.

I hope she is found and Alexis is found.

I also hope that any other case he may be involved with is found out about.

I cant help but think that any person who turns arround and abducts another girl after gaining the attention of the LE in one case is fairly confident he has enough experience with his crimes that he feels he can get away with it.

snipped

1st degree murder is cp in state of Virginia.. so yes up for the Dp... I think he will get it as well.

I am still hoping he does not get away with Samantha Clark.

I hope she is found and Alexis is found.

I also hope that any other case he may be involved with is found out about.

I cant help but think that any person who turns arround and abducts another girl after gaining the attention of the LE in one case is fairly confident he has enough experience with his crimes that he feels he can get away with it.

If he did that one then he is going to get served on that one as well. I don't know if will be found. I think they might found something not so nice,.

His lawyer will try to he cant get fair trail thing. but he should understand half the world has heard the case so, not going to fly. his lawyer is going to have to prove he didn't do it. wish him luck with that , Because I never won a case versus federal in my 45 years as a lawyer.

Its game over for Rat,

They likely only have enough evidence to charge him with Alexis's murder. He may well not end up being charged for Samantha's disappearance.

They may have evidence that he has/had accomplices re: Samantha and/or Alexis and possible others. LE may want to get a plea on Alexis to get details on Samantha's and any other disappearances and deaths.

They may have evidence that he has/had accomplices re: Samantha and/or Alexis and possible others. LE may want to get a plea on Alexis to get details on Samantha's and any other disappearances and deaths.

Is it possible they found an accomplice of Taylor's and they are testifying against him as a plea bargain?

If he did that one then he is going to get served on that one as well. I don't know if will be found. I think they might found something not so nice,.

His lawyer will try to he cant get fair trail thing. but he should understand half the world has heard the case so, not going to fly. his lawyer is going to have to prove he didn't do it. wish him luck with that , Because I never won a case versus federal in my 45 years as a lawyer.

Its game over for Rat,

I don't think he will get away with it ,just that he thought he would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth