WA WA - Concrete, Whtmale 30-50, UP13290, wrapped in sheets, medical leg hose, NSF labs gown, Oct'80

So I went to check for case updates--nobody listed as an official exclusion on Namus.
But I noticed this on his Doenetwork file 1841UMWA:

NCIC Case Number: Entered, number unknown
NamUs Case Number: UP# 13290 NamUs Case Number: 980

Connected to TWO Namus cases? And #980 is a skull with no body found in 1989 in California.

Circumstances of Recovery

This skull (designated John Doe #48-89) has been in Anthropological curation since it was found at a residence in Johnson Valley (San Bernardino County), California, back on 10/09/89. It was only recently re-examined and determined to be treated as a forensic case. No history was obtained during the original “investigation.†There is trauma to the skull, but it is unknown if this were perimortem or post-mortem. Probable Asian male. There are no teeth in the maxilla, and no mandible was recovered. Dental examination (with X-rays) was completed 09/11/07, and the skull was submitted to California DOJ DNA program for profiling on 10/11/07 (DOJ reference #BK-07-000909; not yet completed). Refer to NIC #U740021820.

Looks like maybe somebody absconded with the skull as a souvenir or something? This is weird!
I'm more inclined to think this was a mistake? I assume the UID's head was recovered at one point, since they know his hair color/style and that he had a GSW to the head. I feel like they'd mention if the skull in CA had a gunshot wound as opposed to nondescript trauma that might not be related to the cos of death, but who knows.

On the other hand, the Marblemount skull coincidentally doesn't have any teeth either, does it?

I was looking through newspapers to see if I could find anything on a man missing from around this time and I found this man’s strange case. His wife was convicted of his murder but his remains were never located.

He’s quite a bit older and the gray hair would probably rule him out, but there are some interesting similarities IMO. Dentures, accident a few years before his disappearance, small caliber weapon, motive…

Just visited the area where this guy was found and there's really not much out there - I did want to throw in that there was a mental asylum called Northern State Hospital (Also called Northern State Hospital Farm- could stand for NSF?) that's located at Sedro-Whoolley which is 30 minutes east of Concrete. It's now called the Northern State Recreation Area.

The hospital was closed in 1976, but patients and supplies were taken to Western State Hospital in Steilacoom (at least according to this article). Might be an off chance but maybe there could be some connection to either hospitals?

Someome with mental health issues leaving AMA, or a prison patient going AWOL from a hospital and meeting foul play makes the most sense to me.

BUT he was wrapped in bedsheets - I wonder if these were hospital sheets. If so, that would say to me someone who was in a rehab facility, private nursing home, at home care, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyLFC1892
Back