WA WA - Donald George Siskar, 18, Enumclaw, King County, 10 July 1973

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Donald George Siskar[/h]
  • donald_george_siskar_1.jpg
Siskar, circa 1973

• Missing Since 07/10/1973
  • Missing From Enumclaw, Washington
  • Classification Lost/Injured Missing
  • Age 18 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'10, 140 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A brown jacket, a blue sweater and brown pants.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes.

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Siskar was last seen in Enumclaw, Washington on July 10, 1973. He was a member of a work party in the Northwest Youth Corps. He was last in line as the workers were hiking out of the woods to the bus at the end of the day.

Siskar never made it to the bus and has never been heard from again. An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of him. Few details are available in his case.

http://charleyproject.org/case/donald-george-siskar

Victim was a member of a work party with the Youth Corps. He was the last member in a line of workers hiking out of the woods to a bus at the end of the day. He did not arrive with the others. An extensive Search & Rescue and bloodhound search turned up nothing. No dental records could be located.

DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14240/

I wonder what his behavior and his demeanour was before he went missing. Did any of the Youth Corp workers know him very well?

Donald was a member of a work party with the Youth Corps. He was the last member in a line of workers hiking out of the woods to a bus at the end of the day. He did not arrive with the others. An extensive search and rescue and bloodhound search turned up nothing. No dental records could be located. Donald is white with brown hair and brown eyes. He is 5'10" and 140 pounds. He was last seen wearing a blue sweater, brown jacket, and brown pants.

Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Donald George Siskar – The Charley Project

I can find nothing much on the web. I wonder what his family thought? I wonder if he stepped off the path and then got lost?

That's awfully sad, did they go back and look for him ? TIA if anyone knows

I found this:
According to Unidentified wiki, it's considered an homicide (for some reason, I cannot include the link).
I don't get the circumstances: It appears two sets of remains were found in 1978 and 1988 in wooded area approximately 50 yards apart; in 2005, a doctor paired them by circumstances, however he couldn't compare their DNA as 1978 bones were not available. So we can't be 100 % sure they belong to the same person.
Donald dispappeared in Enumclaw and these remains were discovered in Pierce County (almost 40 miles away from Enumclaw). I don't really believe this is him, but it's the only one I could locate that may be a match.
I really think we need more info about the circumstances surrounding his disappearance. Why was he in Northwest Youth Corps? Did he get along well with the other members? Was he sad that day? Did Donald have personal problems? Were all the members interviewed?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinabina
Back