WA WA - Gary Bell, 33, Tacoma, 2 Mar 1983

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Missing

Last seen alive: March 02, 1983

Circumstances: Bell was last seen in Tacoma, Washington on March 2, 1983.
At the time of his disappearance, Gary Bell was living in Spokane with his wife of only one month. He was working for Rainier Shows, a carnival, and living in their 1974 Ford Econoline van, Washington license number EQA-043.
Bell left Spokane, Washington for Tacoma, Washington on March 2, 1983 in the Ford van to contact his employer regarding a work related detail in Vancouver Washington. Gary contacted his employer in the early evening hours of March 2, 1983 in Tacoma, and was last seen leaving for Vancouver.
Gary never made it to his destination in Vancouver, and was never seen again. Gary's van is still missing as well.

First Name: Gary
Last Name: Bell
Details

Age When Last Known Alive: 33
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 70.0
Weight: 160.0
City: Tacoma
State: Washington
County: Pierce
Appearance

Hair: Brown
Eye: Blue
Scars And Marks: Round scar or birthmark on top of right wrist
Clothing and Accessories

Eyewear: Plastic frame prescription glasses
Transportation

Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: 300 Series
Year: 1974
Style: Van/Minivan
Tag Number: EQA-043
Tag State: Washington
Econoline Van, not sure which series

http://www.missingin.org/reg6601/gary_bell.htm

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12873/

Gary was last seen in Tacoma, Washington on March 2, 1983. At the time of his disappearance, he was living in Spokane, Washington with his wife of one month and working for a carnival called Rainier Shows. He lived in a 1974 Ford Econoline van with the Washington license plate number EQA-043.

He left Spokane for Tacoma on the day of his disappearance, driving the van, to contact his employer regarding a work-related detail in Vancouver, Washington. He spoke to his employer in Tacoma during the early evening hours and was last seen leaving for Vancouver. He never made it to Vancouver and has never been heard from again. His van is also still missing.

Gary is 5'10", 160 pounds, and has brown hair and blue eyes. He has a round scar or birthmark on the top of his right wrist. He wears plastic frame prescription glasses.

Original
Original

NamUs #MP12873 - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The Doe Network: Gary S. Bell - 1642DMWA

Gary S. Bell – The Charley Project

Whenever a person goes missing with their vehicle, I usually think there was an accident and they crashed into a body of water. Since he left in the early evening, and the drive is about two hours, maybe he didn't see/lost control in the dark?

I notice that I-5 from Tacoma to Vancouver would've taken him very close to the Columbia River. He could've also taken I-7, which goes near Alder Lake and Riffe Lake before feeding into I-5 and the Columbia River.

Bumping for Gary as we approach the 40th anniversary of his disappearance...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back