WA WA - Gregette Guy, 51, West Seattle, 11 March 2012

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.king5.com/news/cities/seattle/SPD-says-homicide--142849515.html

Seattle Police on Thursday said that they are pursuing a homicide investigation into the death of a Kent woman whose body was pulled from the waters off West Seattle early Monday.

Police had said little about their investigation in the days since, but are now asking the public to come forward with tips and information. The woman was identified as Greggette Renee Guy, age 51........The victim had planned to take a walk along the beach but was found deceased just offshore the next morning. The suspect(s) remain at large."

More at link, also link to blog with info.....

$10,000 reward to find Kent woman's killer
4/26/12

http://www.king5.com/news/cities/seattle/reward-to-find-Kent-womans-killer-149093645.html

.............No suspects have been named.

Guy’s family is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and conviction in the case.

Anyone with information about "any suspicious activity, vehicles or persons" in that area of West Seattle are urged to call 911 or the Seattle Police Homicide Tip Line -- (206) 233-5000.

You can also call Crime Stoppers of Puget Sound at 1-800-222-TIPS. You can remain anonymous.

Unsolved murder, 6 months later: New memorial for Greggette Guy; police still seek tips
September 12, 2012

http://westseattleblog.com/2012/09/...ggette-guy-police-still-seek-tips#more-121548

Today marks exactly six months since Greggette Guy was found dead off the 3700 block of Beach Drive – the second, and most recent, West Seattle murder victim of 2012.

Police have yet to find her killer(s)...........

Sometime that night, police believe, someone murdered her. SPD’s “Catch a Killer” page notes she suffered “severe wounds to her neck.”

The next morning, her body was found in the water off Harbor West, the building that juts out into the water............

Her family, however, has found a way to honor her memory, via her lifelong involvement with Girl Scouts – from childhood through parenthood............

Instead, there will be a tribute at one of the places where she had fond memories – a Girl Scouts camp in the region where a four-story-high totem pole has been installed in commemoration of Girl Scouts USA’s centennial. ..........

He knows his wife’s killer(s) may not be brought to justice for a long time. “It might be years. My daughter and I realize it’s going to take a while.” .........

Police echo the fact that the break in the case could come when they least expect it. And it might not even be something as dramatic or emotional as a jailhouse confession or broken confidence.

“We just don’t know what will finally break a case,” Det. Jamieson said. “We encourage anyone with any information, no matter how small, even something they consider insignificant, to contact us. Anything at all.”..........

More at link with pictures.....

So sad that they've found no further clues since last year.

There wasn't much info given in the articles. When was the TOD? Day or night? If it was at night, did she often go hiking on her own at night?

It says she had neck wounds. Was she strangled? If so, by hands or rope or some other instrument? Articles were very vague in details.

I hope fellow WS sleuthers can help with this case.

So sad that they've found no further clues since last year.

There wasn't much info given in the articles. When was the TOD? Day or night? If it was at night, did she often go hiking on her own at night?

It says she had neck wounds. Was she strangled? If so, by hands or rope or some other instrument? Articles were very vague in details.

I hope fellow WS sleuthers can help with this case.

Good questions, bourne.....from the beginning the information released has been sparse on this case....if you read the blog there were complaints all along....

From what I read it was somewhat unusual for Mrs. Guy to come that late in the day for a walk and the crime happened at night.....some unconfirmed comments said that her throat was cut, but LE has not released that AFAIK....the blog shows others commenting that the area was not safe at night....

I guess since she was in the water overnight there was not much evidence on the body....and although her car was found close by, she was apparently walking when this occurred....so a difficult case....glad to see that LE is at least keeping it in the news and asking for help.....

From new SPD chief Kathleen O'Toole on the four unsolved homicides in West Seattle in the past several years (including Greggette Guy):

"The Criminal Investigations Bureau Chief and Violent Crimes Captain have conducted a thorough review of all unsolved homicides twice during 2014. While I cannot discuss specifics of those open investigations in this report, I can tell you that the cases that remain unsolved have either problems with the integrity of evidence or a lack of cooperation from witnesses. I hope that we can develop greater trust and communication with our community so that individuals with information about these cases or other unsolved crimes will come forward."

Source: http://westseattleblog.com/2014/10/...nclude-wireless-mesh-system-unsolved-murders/

Any ideas how this comment should be interpreted?

Also, I just went to double check the timeline for serial killer Israel Keyes, who often flew through SeaTac in his travels (in addition of course to the many years he lived in the state). It appears that March 11, 2012 (the night Greggette was murdered) was two days before Keyes was arrested in Texas and it seems pretty solid that he attended his sister's wedding that day in Wells, Texas.

This just happened, no information on cause of death yet, but a woman's body was found this morning off the beach in West Seattle at approximately the same shoreline location that Greggette's car was parked almost three years ago, and the location that police believe she was killed (her body was found about a half mile north of this location). The body is a woman believed to be around 50 years old.
http://westseattleblog.com/2015/01/rescue-response-on-beach-drive-sw/

I have some questions regarding Greggette's case. Does anyone know if Greggette's husband speaks another language other than English? When was the totem pole for the Girl Scouts carved (beginning and end dates)? When was the design conceived by the artist (approximate date)?

1677161201348.jpeg
Greggette enjoyed watching storms come in from the West Seattle coastline. She drove to Alki Beach on March 13, 2012, to do just that.

On that day around 8 p.m., she was the victim of a random act of violence. She was attacked from behind and her throat was slit.
One of the last texts Dwight Guy received from his wife read, “The waves aren’t doing much.”

“After I got the text from her saying nothing was happening and she was heading home, I waited," Dwight Guy said. "And at about 9 o'clock that night I thought she should have been home. My daughter had come home from work and we started wondering where she was and what was going on."

Dwight Guy then got in his truck and headed for Alki Beach. He drove to where he thought she would be. If he drove farther along Beach Drive, he would have seen her car parked, empty.
b9be78cb-6595-4df0-83a1-7efa15369c36_1140x641.jpg

Greggette Guy's car found empty on Beach Drive on March 13, 2012
"By this time, it’s 11 p.m. or midnight," Dwight Guy said. "I started calling hospitals to see if there were any Jane Does. I called 911 and made a missing persons report."

According to police, on her way home, Greggette Guy drove up Beach Drive and she stopped at the viewpoint, where the attack happened.

"I started looking around and I happened to open up my computer and I was looking and there was a report, that might have been KING 5, about a body found off Alki," Dwight Guy said. "I thought, 'Oh crap, I bet that’s her.'"

At 2 a.m., detectives showed up at his home and confirmed it was her. They told him it appeared to be a random crime of opportunity.
“Someone came up behind her, slit her throat,” Dwight Guy said. “It’s like, why would someone do that? A lot of disbelief, anger and sadness and she’s gone.”

Her body was recovered 11 hours after the crime happened. An extensive search then began for any evidence or clues.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blackburne
Back