WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to not being able to see her braces ssometimes the photographer will take them out of the pictures. I paid an extra $15.00 to have them removed in my son's senior pictures.

Yeah, I think that's the case. I'm looking at some of the photos on the photographer's website, and if you look closely, you can see what looks like a little reflection of metal back in the corners of her mouth.

There are still a couple of things that really, really leave me wondering what went on:

#2- When was her body placed at CB? And what shape was she in? Rumor Alert One rumor I had heard, literally hours after they found her, was that the body was in such bad shape they thought she had gone through the dam. Now, this was rumor and LE has stated she was placed, so this is unlikely. But, if she was in really bad shape, in addition to the rumored disfigurement and such, she may have been there for days, meaning the perp(s) took her there Tuesday night.

I'm really just thinking out loud.

I heard the same rumor and asked a buddy who is a manager at one of the dams, says the possibility of a body going through one of the dams is basically an impossibility. Theoretically possible, but the probability is next to zero.

Yeah, I think that's the case. I'm looking at some of the photos on the photographer's website, and if you look closely, you can see what looks like a little reflection of metal back in the corners of her mouth.

Could you link me to the site?

Yes. She place a lot of emphasis on the tracks. She was very focused on getting across them. Apparently it would be easy to get high centered on them. That is also where the dream began.

I'm wondering if it might possibly be in Orondo? The house was her "home". She placed a lot of emphasis on the physical changes to the interior and described the feelings MC was feeling about walking in and having it all changed. Not just the physical changes, but that she was NOT WELCOME and there was no longer anything of hers there. All her clothes were gone, etc. Possibly a house she lived in as a child that had been remodeled?
Lower Sunnyslope is what my gut is telling me, though. Maybe it's the rural feel of the dream and the railroad track thing.

I'm getting caught up today, and haven't read to the end of the thread yet, so maybe this has been said already.

I live in Orondo, and we don't have RR tracks. The RR runs on the west side of the Columbia here. We're on the east side.

I really hope they break this case open, soon! I am a friend of a friend who lives on the East Coast and I come here all the time to read new developments.... I wish LE would give more info, but I understand why they haven't.

There was no evidence of a crime inside MC's car? it was clean? Then, I am guessing Killer didn't drive the car to PC Rd. Killer didn't have much time to clean up after he/she did "it". Someone else drove the car to PC, unless Killer drove car there, before the death of MC.

As far as I understand there was evidence in her car but not of foul play. If it was someone that she was around frequently his/her prints would most likely be on something in her car. Proving that the prints got there the day she went missing would be the hard part. Yell at me if I am wrong, but this is how I understand it!

Does it say if any family members participated in the walk??

This is the whole article. With a photo of a group of five girls walking. Very short:

Walk raises money for Cowell reward fund
By Dee Riggs

Monday, March 8, 2010

A group of about 20 people participated in a Sunday walk to raise money for a reward fund in the Mackenzie Cowell murder case.

The afternoon walk began in Wenatchee Riverfront Park and continued all the way around the Apple Capital Recreation Loop Trail.

I heard the same rumor and asked a buddy who is a manager at one of the dams, says the possibility of a body going through one of the dams is basically an impossibility. Theoretically possible, but the probability is next to zero.

Yes, it is very highly unlikely. The dams have grates that are used to prevent any debris from going through the turbines. Divers and equipment must regularly clean this debris, and BTW- bodies have been found against the grates before. They don't pass through the dam.

Jeez... since LE said that she was placed there, the killer(s) must have really brutalized her body. Very sad.

The combination of a beating and knifing- possible rumored dismemberment attempt- and the body being outside in the elements from Tuesday thru Saturday would have componded the poor condition of the body.

The statements about the poor condition of the body lead me to believe it was placed at CB Tuesday night.

The statements by LE regarding the CB property as a crime scene leads me ton believe she may have been killed there as well.

I know a lot of this has been discussed earlier. I'm just chiming in and reconfirming what several already think, I'm pretty sure.

This is the whole article. With a photo of a group of five girls walking. Very short:

By Dee Riggs

Monday, March 8, 2010

A group of about 20 people participated in a Sunday walk to raise money for a reward fund in the Mackenzie Cowell murder case.

The afternoon walk began in Wenatchee Riverfront Park and continued all the way around the Apple Capital Recreation Loop Trail.

Forgive me for sounding snotty, but perhaps if it had been more widely publicized (not a link on the side of another article) more people would have gone. I wonder if many knew about it? I also think that as time goes on some people are becoming less connected to the case. It felt very personal when if first happened, but days without updates makes passion die down.... for some that is.

Could it be as "simple" as one of the brothers (or someone else) having developed an intense fixation on MC over time, with there being no reciprocation on her part? Could he have "waited" for her for a long time and finally have set a trap? If he was someone she knew through others, she may not have been greatly suspicious.

If she unknowingly or unintentionally "spurned" the person and he felt rejected, disrespected or rebuffed enough....with his mind being very disturbed and twisted, could he have set out to sybolically and literally "shame" her? Maybe that type of scenario could have provoked the intense rage? The motive doesn't have to make a lot of sense to us sane folks.

While I don't dismiss the idea of the killer having unrequited feelings for MC, it just seems to me that killings provoked by such intense, romantic feelings that have been rebuffed are all the more likely to include an element of sexual assault - JMO. LE has assured us that there was no sexual assault in this case.

I believe it was asked on thread 4 but was never answered. I can't remember who asked first, so forgive me for stealing your question, but when they say that their was no sexual assault does that mean there was no sex at all.... even consensual?

By Dee Riggs

Monday, March 8, 2010

I am sorry but to me this WW article was a "why bother". There was so little information that I dont understand why they even published it. That might sound rude or harsh but how much money did they raise? Did any members of her family attend? I am shaking my head in disbelief on this one...

I believe it was asked on thread 4 but was never answered. I can't remember who asked first, so forgive me for stealing your question, but when they say that their was no sexual assault does that mean there was no sex at all.... even consensual?

I have always thought this was a very vague statement myself... To me it only means she was not raped.

In case anyone missed it in Saturday's WW, Internet detectives ferret out clues in Mackenzie Cowell case

Thought this was an interesting tidbit from the timeline in the sidebar, "Officials have said there was a single set of footprints around the car."

Around the car .... hmmm. Does this indicate that the person who ditched the car walked around it before departing?

In case anyone missed it in Saturday's WW, Internet detectives ferret out clues in Mackenzie Cowell case

Thought this was an interesting tidbit from the timeline in the sidebar, "Officials have said there was a single set of footprints around the car."

Around the car .... hmmm. Does this indicate that the person who ditched the car walked around it before departing?

My first thought is - did they have to pick Mackenzie up out of the passenger seat and move her to another car/location? Were they carrying her?

Salem

An interesting note. I was going back through the early articles on WW website looking for tst msg quotes when I read in one article that was on the discovery of the young woman's body at Crescent Bar that officers on the scene "at first thought that she had been through the dam" due to the condition of the body, but then thought it LOOKED LIKE she had been placed there. I went on to read another article and then went back to get the link and, voila.........I can't find it. I think that I just might have happened upon an article that was written and then that information edited out. I checked the archives and can't find it now. It just disappeared, but I DID READ IT!. Could it be possible that someone did dump her in the river from somewhere south of Wenatchee, and she did go through the dam? Because of the currents there it is quite possible she did wash up, and an ever vigilant perp saw her and hid her there, hoping to come back with a boat and take her further down river? Maybe there is no other crime scene. Maybe she did go through the dam. I know I saw that! The only thing is, all accounts say that she was fully clothed and still wearing the boots she was last seen wearing. Why would they initially THINK she went through the dam if her clothes were intact? Pe I would think that the force from the water and dam would tearand remove some clothing and/or shoes, unless it was really quick and she really wasn't in the water for very long. I suppose boots might stay on better than say...tennis shoes. I know I read that in an article just 30 mins ago and it disappeared as soon as I went to the next article. Otherwise i would post the link.

I know it's a long shot, but why edit that out? Except that they are not releasing information on the condition of the body and not commenting on it, so asked WW to edit that out, shortly after posting it. Did anybody else see that??? IF........she was dumped in the river and going through the dam is what left her in such bad condition, it would change the whole scenario about "somebody close to her" doing such a "monstrous" thing.

More speculation, folks. I really did see it!

Your friend's dream reminded me that the night MC disappeared, there was a call from the RR in Cashmere that a female was sitting on the tracks at around 7:12 pm. There was a bit of talk about this report waaaaaay back, but it was pretty much dismissed, since it was in Cashmere. Odd report, in any event. I'd be curious to know what responding LE found out when/if they made contact with the girl.

http://www.mansontribune.com/content/view/1435/2/

I'm sure it wasn't MC, or they'd have put it together by now. Still, it's frustrating that there's so much info we just don't have!

From Wenatchee, the RR tracks run north along the west side of the Columbia, through Entiat and Chelan Falls. There may be a point where they cross the river farther up north, but I'm just not sure where or if they do.

Going the other way, the rails go through Cashmere, Leavenworth... not sure if they branch off in any other direction.

I looked for a rail map, and got a promising link on the Chelan County Public Works site, but the URL doesn't work for me. :banghead:

Yes, it is very highly unlikely. The dams have grates that are used to prevent any debris from going through the turbines. Divers and equipment must regularly clean this debris, and BTW- bodies have been found against the grates before. They don't pass through the dam.

Well, that answers my question. I had thought there were grates there and have read about at least one body being found against the grates. So, I think that initially, because of where she was found and the condition, the initial reactions and thoughts were of the dam.

So, back to somebody with a lot of anger towards her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberlynn566