weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #140

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing about the camera in the washing machine that still makes me think she may have just threw it in there by accident is that everyone knew she was the shutter bug. So, you would think she would have just taken it and thrown it away with the gun and knife.

The camera in the washing machine is one of those strange Jodi things I suppose. Really crazy.

I think it was tangled in the towels when she scooped up everything and threw them in washer. She may have looked frantically, ran out of time and when she realized where it was figured between water and bleach it was alright.

She did plan all this pretty well, thought of many, many things but something ALWAYS goes off plan, even when you're not a diabolical killer. Thanks the stars she was caught after her 1st kill...imho
:jail:

Yes, his roommates were in the house for 5 days before they found him. I know, seems crazy, but it's true. JA locked the bedroom door behind her when she left. The roommates assumed he had left for his Cancun trip and weren't concerned that he wasn't around... he traveled a fair amount, so wasn't unusual for him to come and go.

Also, the roommates were kind of passing ships in the night. They all had differing schedules and didn't socialize together, so weren't as aware of what the others were doing.

Now the smell thing... it did smell very bad in there according to the reports, but the roommates thought it was perhaps Travis' dog that left a mess and they say they didn't start smelling it until the day before the body was found.

In one of the interview tapes, Detective Flores talks about how the one roommate who found him was so torn up because he couldn't believe he didn't know, he was totally traumatized by the thought that his roommate was dead in the other room for days. I can only imagine... I would be freaking out!!

i listened to mimi's testimony again the other day. when they arrived the night TA was found, they banged on the door and nobody came. they had to go in through the garage after getting the code from a friend.

when they finally got in, they banged on the roommate's door, right next to TA's room, i believe. they could hear music, his car was there, and they knew he was home. so he's in there rockin' out, he finally realizes they're there, finds the key to TA's room and lets them in, where they find poor TA in the shower.

i can only imagine what a horrible thing that is to live with. here he is, just living in that house like everything's cool, and finds out he's been sleeping in a room right next to TA, who's been in there dead for 5 days. i'm sure that will haunt him forever. probably will make him hyper-aware of everything going on around him from now on too.

Yes, I am thinking they would have taken precautions. Anything could have happened with laptop so with that type of important and personal information I am hoping that she has it backed up.

I just can't imagine that she doesn't. If she doesn't, I won't feel really good about Dr. Demarte...it would seem like a rookie mistake if that makes sense.

K

Agreed. Regardless of the potential for theft, anyone would consider the possibility of the hard drive crashing, accidentally deleting the file etc. when working on an important document/project.

wasn't ALV's answer to that question 'no' or 'it would be very unusual?'

Yes. It was strange because I was expecting her to spin a great big yarn about other documented instances and how she sees a pattern consistent with this case.

Agree. It's the overkill that gives her plan away. Aside from the forensics, the overkill screams knife first because if she'd planned to kill him with a shot to the head she'd not have the knife wound overkill.

I agree with you that the stab wounds came first.
Jodi may have wanted to shoot him in the head first but if a room mate was home the bang from the gun would surely have aroused the room mate or possibly neighbors.
The ME said there was no blood in the bullet tract. Even the tract into the cheek would show bleeding if Travis's heart was still beating.
When a brain starts to liquefy blood that has clotted would still be distinguishable from brain matter.
I believe the ME that the shot to the head was last and was probably done to silence the gurgling sounds after his throat was slit.
The reason Travis didn't die from most of the other stab wounds is because of the size of the knife blade which was an inch and a half wide.
This would cause the blade to hit and be stopped by ribs.
The knife blade size also eliminates the knives that were in Travis's house as the murder weapon.
Jodi probably figured Travis would die from one or two stabs but didn't realize the wide knife blade would be stopped by the ribs in most of the stabs.
The gun was a last resort and was probably the reason there was only one shot because at the point Travis was at after all the stabs one shot was all that was needed.
Premeditation indeed.

I think it was tangled in the towels when she scooped up everything and threw them in washer. She may have looked frantically, ran out of time and when she realized where it was figured between water and bleach it was alright.

She did plan all this pretty well, thought of many, many things but something ALWAYS goes off plan, even when you're not a diabolical killer. Thanks the stars she was caught after her 1st kill...imho
:jail:

I don't think she planned it very well -- that pesky hair with the follicle, the palm print, the never-ending journey to Mesa, the camera. Going from blonde (picking up the rental car) to brown, and the gas cans from DB, that were never returned. Oh, and the cuts to her fingers, as seen by those in Utah. The voicemail, that I believe took her 18 minutes to actually leave for Travis (after deleting, starting again, deleting, starting again). Who does that!

She tried, but she's no Einstein, IMHO.

MOO

Mel

I am hoping that on Tuesday the issue will be about ALV interacting with Sam on the day that she was leaving court.

The judge seemed none too happy with ALV when ALV was saying she may have tests or something to do, and the judge said Tues Ms. LV. The judge even mentioned not wanting to know her personal issues. So, that is what I am hoping for.

K

Her approach could very well disqualify her as an expert witness -- since expert witnesses for the Defense should know not to approach the victims family. Add to that her lying on her CV testimony - viola. ALV you are no longer an expert witness.

MOO

Mel

I think that is a really good thought. If so, I am glad it did not work. It could have been convincing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisasalinger View Post
Don't know if anyone has ever pontificated this, but I'm wondering about something. What if... Jodi was going to make it look like Travis committed suicide?

She knew he wanted her out of his life, and he wanted to get back on the straight and narrow in his life. But the sex was his downfall.

She taped the phone sex, egged him on so much in conversations to make him say over the top emotional stuff, went there all shaved and ready for sex... they have sex and take all sorts of naughty pics... now she has what she needs. She could take those pics back home with her and have them ready to go.

Travis was shot near the temple... usually when people kill themselves with a gun it's either in the mouth or on the temple. In the mouth may have been too difficult, but maybe she tried the temple thinking that would kill him immediately. Then she could perhaps stage the scene, put the gun in his hand, whatever else people do to stage that type of stuff.

When the cops would start digging in to his life, they would find all the kinky sex stuff and perhaps she would plant other things, to lead everybody to the assumption that he just couldn't live as a "fraud" anymore. (for the record, I don't think he was a fraud... just using JA thought process).

Abandoning the ME testimony for just a second here... the shot came first, tried to make it look like a suicide shot to temple... he didn't die and fought back, hence the defensive wounds. Turned in to a blood bath with a knife. Now there is no way she can make it look like suicide, that's why she erases the pics. Doesn't need them anymore and certainly doesn't want there to be evidence.

IDK... this thought literally just occured to me tonight. What do you guys think?

I think that is a really good thought. If so, I am glad it did not work. It could have been convincing.

The problem with a suicide would be the gun could be traced back to Jodi's grandfather so the gun could not be left at the crime scene.
So staging a suicide wouldn't have worked.

So, on Monday we have the issue with Ms. Wong first thing correct?

Then we move on to the last computer expert (recalled expert). Wonder what he is going to be bringing to the table.

I know some have speculated that there is another recorded tape? What do we think the reason is he is being called back to the stand?

I can't imagine what he will give us more information on, it seemed everyone was in agreeance that the tape was TA/JA. So I speculate its something new.

What say you?

K

So, on Monday we have the issue with Ms. Wong first thing correct?

Then we move on to the last computer expert (recalled expert). Wonder what he is going to be bringing to the table.

I know some have speculated that there is another recorded tape? What do we think the reason is he is being called back to the stand?

I can't imagine what he will give us more information on, it seemed everyone was in agreeance that the tape was TA/JA. So I speculate its something new.

What say you?

K

It's happening first thing Tuesday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member