Deceased/Not Found What happened to C.C. Tinsley?

RoundedBird

Reaction score
Hello WebSluths! I’m new to this community and I recently joined because I have a few questions about the Sodder case. Not about the children, but the private investigator known as C.C. Tinsley.

I have had so much trouble with finding reports of him, as in most articles he’s mentioned only once before moving on. But on the wiki article about the case (Sodder children disappearance - Wikipedia) they mention; ‘The Sodders hired a private investigator named C.C. Tinsley from the nearby town of Gauley Bridge[1] to look into the case.’ This was exciting, because I finally had some sort of lead. I didn’t even know his name.

Looking on the internet, (West Virginia Vital Research Records - Birth Records Search Results) I was able to find two men with the last name tinsley and a C letter name. I found Clarence Tinsley, and I believe this could be C.C. Tinsley.

I am posting on here because I would really like to find out these details;

•Who was C.C. Tinsley?
•What happened to him?
•Was he the detective to go missing in Kentucky?
•Why is no one interested in finding him, his disappearance (if disappeared) could lead to some kind of clue?

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

C.C. Tinsley was one of the detectives hired by George. He discovered that the man who got mad at George for not buying life insurance from him served on the jury to find how the fire started.

George hired another detective and paid him good money to follow a lead in Kentucky and he was never was seen again. It is believed he took the money and ran without any intention of following the lead in Kentucky.

C.C. Tinsley was one of the detectives hired by George. He discovered that the man who got mad at George for not buying life insurance from him served on the jury to find how the fire started.

George hired another detective and paid him good money to follow a lead in Kentucky and he was never was seen again. It is believed he took the money and ran without any intention of following the lead in Kentucky.
I hope this doesn’t come off as rude, I’m just genuinely interested! :)

The only reason I have trouble believing C.C. didn’t go missing in Kentucky, is because I can find absolutely nothing on other this detective, not even a name. Tinsley’s identity is hard enough to find as it is, but I can’t find the other detective anywhere. Not even a name.
Can I ask where you found that information?

I was looking at the grave on the web sight and noticed that a lady had put flowers on his grave. I was wondering if anyone has ever asked her if she knew him or knew anything about him. I was also wondering did he have any children?

The lady that left the flowers on his grave had this on her bio.
Please note: I volunteer posting memorials on Find A Grave from cemetery survey lists done by others. I am not related to all memorials posted by me.
Don't think she knows much about C.C. Tinsley.

Did anyone ever notice that C.C Tinsley dad died when he was C.C was 5 and his mom married another guy who had kids.

C.C. Tinsley's real name was Oscar C. Tinsley and I found this at Find A Grave website.
Oscar Cole Tinsley (1908-1982) - Find A Grave...

The other detectives name was George Swain and he is the one who told them that he believed the children had been kidnapped and sold to other families. He's the one who took the money and ran.

You can find more information here.
The Sodder Children: New Leads : UnresolvedMysteries
Does Anyone Else see that a Ricardo Goldsworth left flowers on his grave in 2020?

What year did he go missing or ran off?
I may have information on his whereabouts
I was hoping to get into contact with one of the family members and get a very good description of him, age, dress atire etc as of 1949
Please someone get back to me
This possible tip is urgent and may be involved in another unsolved mystery where I am from,
Thank you

What year did he go missing or ran off?
I may have information on his whereabouts
I was hoping to get into contact with one of the family members and get a very good description of him, age, dress atire etc as of 1949
Please someone get back to me
This possible tip is urgent and may be involved in another unsolved mystery where I am from,
Thank you
Im talking about the detective that ran off or went missing. I need to know what year that was, what he looked like etc as this may be a lead to another crime/unsolved mystery. Thank you

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deedles
Back