Where can I look to find stories that a news station did over 20 years ago?

1NightWolf

Reaction score
I have sort of a specific month and year that i need. Would the news station have archived stories sorted by days back then?

Can I talk to the news station or would i need a Private Investigator to help me?

It's related to a missing persons cold case.

I have sort of a specific month and year that i need. Would the news station have archived stories sorted by days back then?

Can I talk to the news station or would i need a Private Investigator to help me?

It's related to a missing persons cold case.

A news station should have an archive. Ask!

This can work, universities grant degrees in Journalism & need collections for study:

Also check newspaper archives for the area. Each state (that I've ever tried) has one or two -- usually at a university journalism school or the State Historical Society. (Old genealogist here, no idea how many hours I've read newspapers on microfilm & microfiche. Yeah, before the Internet. Don't get me started. Hhhmm looks like maybe I started?)

Examples:

This is for Kentucky.

Another for Kentucky.

Newspapers do stop publishing & towns change their names. The Kansas City Star & the Kansas City Times merged in 1991, sometimes you need to do location research to figure out which news sources will help.

Mind telling us the town & state? I can probably suggest county-level resources.

Please let us know what you find!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidblurn
Back