WI WI - Marcia Fischer, 37, Madison, 1 Jan 1982

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Marcia Arlen Medler Fischer

Nickname/Alias Arlen Medler, Marcia Arle Alden, M. Medler Fischer, Marcia Arlan Medler, Marcia Fischer, Dr. M. Arle Fischer, Marcia A. Medler, Marcia Alden, Marcia Medler McFee.

Dane County, Wisconsin
37 year old white female

Height (inches)
Weight (pounds)
125.0 to 155.0

Hair: Red/Auburn
Eyes: Brown

Scar on side of face from old dog bite.

Marcia has been missing since 1982.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/27420/

Circumstances of Disappearance
Marcia was living with her brother in Madison, Wisconsin in the winter of 1981/1982. She went to Gilman, Wisconsin and was picked up by State Police.

She may have then gone to Montana, Washington or Oregon.
Ms. Fischer was known to have been hospitalized in Lakewooe, Washington.
She has previously lived in Eau Claire, WI, Sunny Valley, Grants Pass and Ashland, OR.
She has been known to travel to Los Angeles and Sacramento, CA, Seattle and Pt. Townsend, WA, Salt Lake City, UT, Chicago, Oak Park and Evanston, IL, Columbus, OH, Washington DC., New York City, NY, Fairmont, WV, Ann Arbor, MI, Rochester, MN and to Canada. She was known to hitchhike and travel by bus.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2811dfwi.html

Added to Charley Project: Marcia Arlen Fischer – The Charley Project

Marcia Arlen Fischer
  • fischer_marcia.jpg
  • fischer_marcia2.jpg
Fischer, circa 1982

• Missing Since03/01/1982
  • Missing FromGilman, Wisconsin
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth07/01/1946 (72)
  • Age37 years old
  • Height and Weight5'6, 125 - 155 pounds
  • Medical ConditionsFischer suffers from asthma. She also has a history of mental illness.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Red hair, brown eyes. Fischer has a dog bite scar on the side of her face. She may use various spellings and combinations of names with "Arlen" in them.
Details of Disappearance
Fischer was last seen in Gilman, Wisconsin sometime in the spring of 1982. She had lived with her brother in Madison, Wisconsin during the winter of 1981/1982, then went to Gilman and was picked up by state police. She has never been heard from again and may have traveled to Montana, Washington or Oregon after her disappearance.

Fischer has previously lived in Eau Claire, Wisconsin and in the Oregon cities of Sunny Valley, Grants Pass and Ashland. She was once hospitalized in Lakewood, Washington.

She has previously traveled to Los Angeles and Sacramento, California; Seattle and Port Townsend, Washington; Salt Lake City, Utah; Chicago, Evanston and Oak Park, Illinois; Columbus, Ohio; Washington D.C.; New York City; Fairmont, West Virginia; Ann Arbor, Michigan; Rochester, Minnesota; and Canada. She has been known to hitchhike and also travel by bus. Her case remains unsolved.

NamUs page: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

AHHHHHH!!!!!
She is an exact DATE, AGE, WEIGHT, HEIGHT match for the Mukwonago doe... UP7405
Submitted it to Alexander Berkovitz the PD listed on NAMUS
He just called me...had NO IDEA why he is listed on NamUS, NO IDEA what Namus was, wanted to know what agency I worked for and was stumped and dumbfounded that there is private citizens doing this investigation work and giving tips....
And our conversation mainly focused on him trying to figure out how to get his name off of NamUs and stating he is not associated with the case.
So frustrated trying to get Wisconsin people to do a little investigating to get a name for this Doe in Mukwonago

AHHHHHH!!!!!
He just called me...had NO IDEA why he is listed on NamUS, NO IDEA what Namus was, wanted to know what agency I worked for and was stumped and dumbfounded that there is private citizens doing this investigation work and giving tips....
And our conversation mainly focused on him trying to figure out how to get his name off of NamUs and stating he is not associated with the case.
So frustrated trying to get Wisconsin people to do a little investigating to get a name for this Doe in Mukwonago

Can it me sent to a general address at Namus or to Wisconsin police or something? I'm not American so I don't feel comfortable doing so.

AHHHHHH!!!!!
Wow, that's messed up! I hope we can somehow find out where to send this possible!

Last edited:
AHHHHHH!!!!!
Did you hear back from anyone at namus? Did you let the local area person know? I work with aneal occasionally and he’s really decent.

Did you hear back from anyone at namus? Did you let the local area person know? I work with aneal occasionally and he’s really decent.
This does sound like a possible ID. There is a contact person on Namus for the Mukwunago UID: lbruski@rti.org

I was a bit confused because of their similar numbers (745 vs 7405) but Marcia was suggested here as a match for two different Wisconsin Does. MOO I think she's a better match for the Mukwunago Doe although there's not much detail for that case. She's not listed on exclusions for either one at NamUs.

Madison Doe

Mukwonago Doe

Marcia Arlen Fischer​

Marcia Fischer was living with her brother in Madison during the winter of 1981/1982. She was last seen January 1st, 1982 in Gilman, Wisconsin. She was picked up by state police.

It is believed that she may have traveled to Montana, Washington, or Oregon after her disappearance.

35529d_65ee108df0314e5698305735a93f86da~mv2.jpg

Marcia is a white woman, 5’6”, and 125-155 pounds. She has red/auburn hair and brown eyes. She has a scar on the side of her face from an old dog bite.

Marcia has many aliases, and may go by: Arlen Medler, Marcia Arle Alden, M. Medler Fischer, Marcia Arlan Medler, Marcia Fischer, Dr. M. Arle Fischer, Marcia A. Medler, Marcia Alden, or Marcia Medler McFee.

Marcia suffers from asthma. She has a history of mental illness.

She has traveled to many different states and has been known to hitchhike and to travel by bus.

35529d_da33505ef6764be3a2f52d63e4887260~mv2.jpg

Marcia was 35 years old when she went missing. She would be 75 years old today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duck67
Back