FL William "Billy" Mansfield Tampa Bay

TedMac

Reaction score
Who is Billy Mansfield? Serial killer linked to Spring Hill ‘house of horrors’

Human remains found in yard of Florida serial killer's family home

"Human remains have been found in the yard of a Florida home belonging to the family of the infamous serial killer William "Billy" Mansfield.

Hernando County officers arrived at the Spring Hill property on Tuesday to arrest Mansfield's brother, Gary, on drug charges when—in a desperate bid to get immunity—the 63-year-old told cops there were bodies "all over" the house, WFLA reports.

Hours later, forensic teams unearthed human remains on the property..."

Some media in October said there was "suspicious finds" on the property. Others said remains. Hernando Sheriffs office has not confirmed as far as I'm aware.
Billy Jr is in prison. Billy Sr is a convicted sex offender who was released early from prison and I was told on another thread by someone close to the family that he lives at the home. Gary was convicted with helping Billy get rid of the bodies and served his time and was released.
I'm glad to see that you started this thread.
I've only told this story to my husband, children, and grand child over time. Now I'm going to share it.
When I was 11 in aprox 1977-78 I lived in Oldsmar, Fl with my mom. I stayed home playing sick one day and my mom went to work. Long story short a man showed up in a pest control car and told me to let him in. I refused. He told me the landlord was going to be mad because I wouldn't let him in. My mother owned the townhouse. I could see that he had a gun in his waistband. I called my mom at work and she told me to tell him that she was in the shower. Chills went down my spine as he responded in vulgarities to open it now or it would be bad. My mother said I'll be right there, meanwhile go get her gun and sit in the pantry. It was loaded and I never had touched it before.
He went around back and was trying to get in through the lanai and sliding doors looking for something to break them. I grabbed the gun and did as I was told. 5 min later my mother pulled in and I could hear her screaming and going balistic and then what sounded like her kicking something. She was drawing attention to the neighbors and it worked. He took off. When she found me I was shaking and tramatized still holding the gun. she had to pry my hands off it. TG it didn't go off. The cops came, an hour later which was rediculous. The pest control car was reported stolen they said. I could not stay alone for several months after that I was so afraid of him coming back. Even when my mother would walk to the mail box. She sold the townhouse and I moved back to my dads for a while in Dunedin.
I'm telling you this because I saw a photo of Billy Sr a few years back and I'm convinced it was him that day.
I had walked to the mail boxes a couple blocks away that day. I think he saw me and opportunity when I was walking back. The street had full view from SR 580, a main road.
I would like to know if they did find more remains. I have closure all those years later just knowing even if I haven't confirmed with LE. I know it was Billy Sr. It wasn't just Billy Jr. that was evil, it's all 3 of them. I'd like to see them get locked away too.

Last edited:
@Sleuthster wow, you had an angel with you that day ! And thank God your Mom go to you !
Thanks for sharing this with us, most appreciated. Hoping the victims hidden there can get their names back and return to the families.
I admire your strength and determination very much. All the best to you.

@Sleuthster wow, you had an angel with you that day ! And thank God your Mom go to you !
Thanks for sharing this with us, most appreciated. Hoping the victims hidden there can get their names back and return to the families.
I admire your strength and determination very much. All the best to you.

@Sleuthster, Wow that's amazing. You were very lucky. But it was more than luck. You did a whole lot of thing right that day.

Congratulations!

Instead of Gary getting immunity he could be getting murder charges
What's the charge when you knowingly conceal bodies?

Didn't he serve time because he helped hide the bodies? That's how I understood it. He can't be punished twice for the same crime. Even if he is evil punishing someone from telling where bodies are hidden would set a very bad example.

Didn't he serve time because he helped hide the bodies? That's how I understood it. He can't be punished twice for the same crime. Even if he is evil punishing someone from telling where bodies are hidden would set a very bad example.
He was originally arrested for Murder as was Billy Jr for the California murder of Rene Saling in 1980. He was giving a plea deal of accessory after the fact. I am not familiar with California law but I'm pretty confident double jeopardy is a law in all states. So no he could not be tried again. It is my opinion that he should not have been given a plea deal. They allegedly found more remains and since LE is not being forth coming we don't know if said remains date back before Billy Jr went to prison. I do know that they searched the property in 1981 so it would surprise me if it predated back to then.

I tried to suggest the DNA Doe Project and Othram Inc for these cases, but the sheriff for Hernando County says they're already doing labwork for testing, but didn't say for who, if any company, but here's hoping for identifications!

From Active Cold Cases

bbm

XOA2RPQK5BBBXD5FC5ADG2CKJA.jpg

COURTESY OF ERIN KIMMERLE

"21-30 white female (likely mid-20's). In 1981, burials of 4 women discovered on a residential property in Hernando Co. Two (2) of the women were immediately identified. Of the two unidentified victims, Jane Doe #2 (Victim #3) was identified in 2021. Jane Doe #1 remains unknown. These women were killed by Billy Mansfield, who told police he killed the women between 1975-1980."

I've been trying to find out more about the alleged identified Jane Doe, but to no avail. All the NamUs pages of the Jane Does in post #2 is still up + the two others not mentioned in said post.

Posting the WS threads of the two other Does for convenience:
FL - FL - Hernando Co, WhtFem, 20-30, Weeki Wachee, UP12579, Apr'81

FL - FL - Weeki Wachee, UnsUnc UP61264, adult, co-mingled w/another victim, estYOD 1975-1981, Apr'81

SPRING HILL, Fla. (WFLA) — After 42 years, a Florida woman said her family has finally gotten some closure after being notified that the remains of her teenage sister, who went missing in 1980, were found at a Spring Hill home that once belonged to a serial killer.

Margaret Johns told WFLA that the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to her that the remains of her sister, Theresa Caroline Fillingim, were found at the home of convicted serial killer Billy Mansfield Jr.

SPRING HILL, Fla. (WFLA) — After 42 years, a Florida woman said her family has finally gotten some closure after being notified that the remains of her teenage sister, who went missing in 1980, were found at a Spring Hill home that once belonged to a serial killer.

Margaret Johns told WFLA that the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to her that the remains of her sister, Theresa Caroline Fillingim, were found at the home of convicted serial killer Billy Mansfield Jr.
Note that this is the other (now previously) unidentified victim, not this one.
Thread link: FL - FL - Hernando Co, WhtFem, 20-30, Weeki Wachee, UP12579, Apr'81

Hernando SO is out at the mansfield compound today. I copied what Pasco News has to say about it on their fb page. I'm wondering if it could be about Jennifer Odom. Billy Jr wasnt the only pedo tied to that property.

Pasco News

ndepSotrsocm17uughf1af66all02a0ia7atmuhi0992ic78cu5ufu65gf42 ·

BREAKING NEWS: Hernando County Sheriff Al Nienhuis will hold a news conference Thursday morning with details on a “high-profile” cold case homicide investigation.
According to the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office, Nienhuis will also announce an arrest in the case.
The Sheriff’s office will not provide details about the high-profile cold case, but detectives were at the property in Spring Hill known as “The house of Horrors” that is connected to the family of Serial Killer Billy Mansfield.
Pasco News has not been able to confirm if the arrest announcement and police activity are related.
The Press conference begins at 10am and we will have more information when it’s released.

Interesting tidbit about Gary Manfield I found out today from someone who directed me to an episode of the killing season on hulu. I just watched. So at one time Gary lived in Deland. He was investigated for the Daytona Beach serial killings. He worked in Deland at a car junk yard and a tire print matched a tire at the junk yard. They drove to Spring Hill to do an interview with him 'The Killing Season' Creators Share Scariest Moments Tracking LI Serial Killer
Edit- oh and they mention websleuths on the show

Every time I hear about one of these guys operating in Florida around this time I am reminded of Cynthia Gooding and Theresa Alfonso, missing from Marathon Florida in September of 1974. I wonder where this family was around that time. I would bet that the brother was a willing participant and the father sounds no better.

Im confident there are more victims of the Mansfield family out there. I found out why LE was out there the other day. I believe I read at one time Billy Sr has 6 sons. Sr and at least 3 in trbuble with law and sex offenses and one in prision for murders.

Pasco News

soSpoendtrl31ta216a1cmf5ltg99454hhfu0gt1l32l8i1gthttmltcg182 ·

DEVELOPING STORY: Hernando County Sheriffs Office has arrested the brother of Serial Killer Billy Mansfield.
According to the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office, detectives received information regarding a possible sexual offense involving a child victim. Detectives immediately launched an investigation.
Investigation revealed the alleged offense occurred at the residence of Terry Mansfield, located at 7239 Centerwood Avenue in Spring Hill.
According to a jail records, Mansfield was booked into the Hernando County jail Friday morning for Sexual Assault on a victim under 12 years of age. He is also charged with resisting arrest and being held without bond in the Hernando County Jail.

Im confident there are more victims of the Mansfield family out there. I found out why LE was out there the other day. I believe I read at one time Billy Sr has 6 sons. Sr and at least 3 in trbuble with law and sex offenses and one in prision for murders.
I think they should excavate every inch of that property. There is no telling how many victims are buried there. :(
@othram is currently working on identifying the male victim that was found comingled with a female victim.

I can't help but think the boys learned their deviance from their father, who only served 10 years of a 30 year sentence before being released on good behavior. Billy Sr. was convicted around the same time Billy Jr. was charged with murder.

"I hope he's truly rehabilitated," said former Circuit Judge L.R. Huffstetler, who presided over Mansfield's case.

"It was my position then and it is my position now that he should have remained incarcerated for the full term he was sentenced to, because it was a very gross case."

Mansfield was indicted in 1980 on 40 sex-related charges; records at the parole commission alleged he engaged in sex acts with dozens of children, including one who was assaulted repeatedly from the time she was 9 months old.

You would need a ream of paper to print out the criminal histories of this family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back