UNSOLVED WV - Harts Creek, human bones found during hunting, Oct'18

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Human remains were found Wednesday at an elderly man's home in the Harts Creek area.
Deputies say the man, who's in his 80s, is not a suspect in the case.

He found what he thought were American Indian bones, put them in a bag and placed them in his chicken coop. The man said he was hunting when he found the bones.

The medical examiner confirmed the bones are human remains.

Deputies have secured the scene, and investigators say they'll be digging through missing persons cases to check for a possible connection.

UPDATE: More remains found in Lincoln County, W.Va.

More remains were found Thursday in the Harts Creek area.

That area looks incredibly beautiful, but it gives me the creeps. (perhaps because I'm a city girl at heart) I think it's because each house is isolated on small roads winding through gullies and valleys. People who don't like to be near the rest of society would find this a great place. But some people who don't like to be near society, don't like society, if you know what I mean.

In any case I'm sure many people find it so peaceful here...amid the incredible nature.

I hope they solve this recent puzzle. Hopefully it's "just" very old native bones.

Venus Stewart was killed by her estranged husband in Colon, MI.
He was living in Newport News, VA at the time (12 hours away.)

Harts Creek, WV is actually only 7 hours away from Colon, MI.
Going there would only add about 2 hours to his drive back to VA.

It's been too long for me to remember if the details would match up but I thought someone else might remember the exact timeline involved. I still hope they will find Venus and we always thought it might be a hunter.

Deceased/Not Found - MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010- #11 *D. Stewart guilty*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back