WV WV - Weise "Jack" Denny, 33, Handley, Kanawha County, 20 April 2023

tarabull

Life is a puzzle.
Reaction score
f4850445-83bc-4cb0-9239-af2deab46250-medium16x9_JACKDENNY.png

HANDLEY, W.Va. (WCHS) — West Virginia State Police need your help to find a missing man.

Troopers said Weise "Jack" Denny, 33, was last seen in Handley on April 20, 2023.

Denny is described as a white man with brown hair who is 6' tall and 150 pounds.

Anybody with information on Denny should call the South Charleston Detachment of the West Virginia State Police at (304) 558-7777.

KANAWHA COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) - Jack Denny’s mother has not seen her son in over a month. Beth Denny reported her son missing on April 29th and she is still searching.

“I would just hug him I would just hold onto him I miss him so much and he is so intelligent he is amazing,” said Denny.

Jack walked out of her door over a month ago and vanished.

“On April 20th he left the house and walked to Montgomery I was told that he went to visit his friend,” said Denny. “I just felt like he was in danger.”

More at Man missing from Handley area for a month

The road between Handley and Montgomery is very narrow and perched on the mountainside. I don't know if anyone's searched the underbrush along that stretch of road, but it's the first thing I'd do.

(edited because I can't spell today)

Last edited:
The road between Handley and Montgomery is very narrow and perched on the mountainside. I don't know if anyone's searched the underbrush along that stretch of road, but it's the first thing I'd do.

(edited because I can't spell today)
I agree, but not sure that the police are doing much searching, if any at all. I'm also curious to know if they have tried to see where the last ping from his phone was.

ADMIN NOTE:

Disappointing to not only see someone introducing a rumor, but to see the long term members chomping at the bit to encourage those rumors and try to engage in them.

Websleuths is fact based. Rumors are NOT allowed for discussion.

Weise "Jack" Denny frequents Montgomery, Smithers, and Handley, West Virginia.

3hdqbg39qm4b1.png

After leaving Handley on foot, Jack was headed to the Cavalier Apartments in Montgomery, WV.
It's unknown if he actually made it there, or what happened to him after visiting his mother and grandmother in Handley.

Circumstances of Disappearance According to NamUS
After leaving Handley on foot, Jack was headed to the Cavalier Apartments in Montgomery, WV. It's unknown if he actually made it there, or what happened to him after visiting his mother and grandmother in Handley.
NamUS #MP105024

WSAZ News Channel 13

According to Jack's mom, "On April 20th he left the house and walked to Montgomery I was told that he went to visit his friend. I just felt like he was in danger.”
Beth Denny reported her son missing on April 29th and she is still searching

Who wants to play 20 questions?

I'll bite.
Glad a person from WV wants in on this! Has this case made the news in your state? Did people talk about it? Are you familiar with the areas mentioned in the orange flyer upthread or NamUS: Handley, Montgomery, Boomer, Smithers?

A bajillon questions at once might be too many, so I'll roll out a few at a time.

Side Note: I'm approaching this case with no theory in mind. Just scratching my head while trying to make sense of the information thus far.

Unknown if Jack Made it to the Cavalier Apartments
According to NamUs: Jack was headed to the Cavalier Apartments in Montgomery, WV. It's unknown if he actually made it there, or what happened to him after visiting his mother and grandmother in Handley.

How could this be? Wouldn't the friend be able to confirm whether or not Jack made it to the Cavalier Apartments in Montgomery?

Two Different 'Times Last Seen' Reported
The flyer says 6:30, but the NamUs site says 6:00. Which one is it? Why might there be a 30 min difference?

Efforts to Locate Jack
Were "Missing" flyers posted in Handley and/or surrounding communities?

Theories?
What do you think could have happened? Did Jack meet danger? Leave on his own? Something else?
Please avoid creating rumors. Theories should be based on fact and reason.

Thanks for your insight, Everybody.

Last edited:
Glad a person from WV wants in on this! Has this case made the news in your state? Did people talk about it? Are you familiar with the areas mentioned in the orange flyer upthread or NamUS: Handley, Montgomery, Boomer, Smithers?

A bajillon questions at once might be too many, so I'll roll out a few at a time.

Side Note: I'm approaching this case with no theory in mind. Just scratching my head while trying to make sense of the information thus far.

Unknown if Jack Made it to the Cavalier Apartments
According to NamUs: Jack was headed to the Cavalier Apartments in Montgomery, WV. It's unknown if he actually made it there, or what happened to him after visiting his mother and grandmother in Handley.

How could this be? Wouldn't the friend be able to confirm whether or not Jack made it to the Cavalier Apartments in Montgomery?

Two Different 'Times Last Seen' Reported
The flyer says 6:30, but the NamUs site says 6:00. Which one is it? Why might there be a 30 min difference?

Efforts to Locate Jack
Were "Missing" flyers posted in Handley and/or surrounding communities?

Theories?
What do you think could have happened? Did Jack meet danger? Leave on his own? Something else?
Please avoid creating rumors. Theories should be based on fact and reason.

Thanks for your insight, Everybody.
I'd never heard of Jack before seeing his thread here. I see now that his case has been on the news, but it's certainly not high-profile. I grew up close to Montgomery and am very familiar with it as well as Boomer and Smithers. I've been through Handley, but there's not much in the way of destinations over there unless you have family on that side of the river. The road is much better on the other side. I still have a lot of family in that area (I live about 30 miles away in Charleston now) but only have one mutual friend with Jack on FB. Just totally different circles, I guess. I have yet to see a flyer related to Jack anywhere.

There are definitely a lot of missing facts. We don't know whether Jack really intended to go to Cavalier Apartments, or if the friend he was going to visit was at home. For that matter, we don't really know exactly when he left, as you point out. And note that in Jack's mother's WSAZ interview, she doesn't say she saw him leave. She says "I was told that he went to visit his friend." It might just be the way the interview is edited, but that wording struck me as odd. Told by whom? By Jack himself? By someone else in the house? Did anyone actually see him walk off?

And then, as I've said before but can't resist emphasizing again, there's the walking itself. It's a pretty short walk from Handley to Montgomery, and I know that people do it, but I sure wouldn't attempt it. All of the above about Jack's plans etc. may be moot if my pet theory is true: that the most likely thing that could've happened to Jack Denny was that he was hit by a vehicle in a narrow spot and just hasn't been found yet. If you take a Google cruise along Rt. 61 at the following link you'll see how easy that would be.

Handley to Montgomery

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TotalAnalyst