Your Pick for Red Herring

I am wondering if the Person of Interest (SM) in this case was just a bit more than ditzy.....and that all of her shenanigans made her totally unobservant that Kyron was being stalked at the school or elsewhere. She was definitely in her ''own orbit'' with all the online activity. Whether or not she was ''serious'' with her comments to landscaper re MFH that could be a red herring too. She might have been feeling a bit snarky on any given day and felt she needed to vent her dissatisfaction to whomever was there (hapless landscaper included).

I am totally perplexed by this case and want Kyron home safe and sound asap --

BBM. Has the stepmother been named a person of interest?

OK I am not sure where to put this or if it has been mentioned before...
In looking at the cbsnews 200 pics of Kyron, I noticed a trend. I am curious WHO else in that home loved frogs...
There are 2 small kermits on the computer keyboard when Kyron is little.
The one where he is sleeping in the suitcase, the book in there with him has a frog on it.
The photo from his birth in the hospital, there is a giant Kermit the Frog with hospital cap on it's head laying beside him.
A photo of him as an infant he is smiling at a green frog squeeze toy and looks like he is wearing a green hooded frog towel. Were frogs Kaine's thing? (Since these date back to Kyron's birth via the huge kermit). So for the ones who assume TH did this, and that she purposely dressed him in the CSI shirt...was Kyron's Science Exhibit on frogs also a planned dig or another coincidence. Did Kyron like frogs, draw frogs, and want to do his exhibit because someone else in the house also liked frogs? Just musing aloud.

I am wondering about this also.
Why CSI shirt on with a beautiful ehibit of tree frogs?
I would think from all the frog apparel around that KYRON would own a FROG shirt to wear that day.
Everything was so well co-ordinated with the display, I find the shirt out of place.
JMOO

I would think from all the frog apparel around that KYRON would own a FROG shirt to wear that day.
Everything was so well co-ordinated with the display, I find the shirt out of place.
JMOO

I dress a 6 year old every day. I gotta say, it's nearly impossible to get her to wear this and not that, especially since I spent the better part of the first 5 years of her life teaching her choices and being able to make her own. Encouraging a child to be who THEY choose includes allowing them to choose their clothing. At least in my house.

Are we defining a "red herring" as a intentional tactic used to distract or as just a distraction in general? If we are talking about a red herring that is a tactic to distract, then I would say that all of the press conferences by KH and DY implicating TH. To me...this seems so unnatural and somewhat dangerous if she is really involved. Wouldn't their implication of her in the media, if she is capable of possibly harming the boy, just enrage her even more or make her nervous and then do more harm to him if he is alive?

If we are talking about a non-intentional red herring, I would have to say just her lifestyle in general. Her former body building days(making her seem self-absorbed, attention seeking) and sexting episodes could be making her the perfect fall guy for someone else to get away with the crime. Even though I think that she looks guilty as sin...I just don't see how somebody, who is a huge fan of CSI, would be some clueless about cell phone pings, computer records, and records of the sexting coming out and making her look guilty. Sometimes... it almost seems like a balloon boy type hoax... on her part only...which would be good, because that would mean that KH is alive somewhere.

JMOO

I don't. Reason is, my youngest daughter has sensory issues. She will only wear certain clothes. I gave up fighting her about what she wears - pick your battles and all of that. Could be that she just told him to get dressed that morning and that's what he picked out.

I dress a 6 year old every day. I gotta say, it's nearly impossible to get her to wear this and not that, especially since I spent the better part of the first 5 years of her life teaching her choices and being able to make her own. Encouraging a child to be who THEY choose includes allowing them to choose their clothing. At least in my house.

My sister-in-law says, jokingly, that raising children is so much easier before they develop the concept of choices. And then she accuses one of us of introducing the concept too early, meaning before age eighteen years.

For anyone who thinks children are born blank slates, my sister-in-law is not a frilly, girly kind of woman. She didn't do up the nursery in ruffles and bows or anything like that and she didn't allow any TV during the first four years. I'd call her general fashion sense neat and minimalist.

Despite all that, my niece was an incredible girly-girl by the time she was two years old. She wanted nothing to do with any item of clothing that wasn't a pretty colour (pastel, in other words) and didn't have lace, ruffles, embroidery or frills on it. I mean, even her jeans had to have little lace ruffles on them!

We joke that she's a changeling.

Now that she's in high school, I'm not sure what to make of her latest ambition: she wants to be a lawyer. In this family of medical doctors and microbiologists, that is really, really different.

Are we defining a "red herring" as a intentional tactic used to distract or as just a distraction in general?

SBM

I was thinking of a red herring as being some piece of evidence or coincidence that isn't really related to the case and so acts as a distraction.

Red herrings can be planned or accidental.

SBM

I was thinking of a red herring as being some piece of evidence or coincidence that isn't really related to the case and so acts as a distraction.

Red herrings can be planned or accidental.

Thanks for the clarification...very good topic!!

I sincerely hope that TH herself has not been the biggest red herring all along.

as a teacher, I tell parents not to dress their kids in expensive clothing because the children may spill things on their clothing and I want them to not worry about clothing during the school day.

Everyday for a long time, I had a boy that would come with a paper bag and take out a Ninja Turtle mask he made and a cape that he had made.

He was 5.

I told the parent how clever he was during conferences.

The parent knew nothing of it and was surprised. She figured that he must have gone into her sewing basket and made the items.

My own son wore his Superman PJ's to preschool everyday, along with the cape.

I tell parents that this is probably the only time in the child's life that they will do these fun things.

And if people think that this makes chaos in the classroom, it does not. The other children who do not have that particular need express no interest in it.

I really enjoy the things that children come up with. If it is not harmful to anyone, I do not see the need to make an issue of it.

The boy who made the masks turned out later to have been sexually abused. I hope that the masks and cape provided him some comfort.

I know O/T big time, but I mourn the loss of the innocence of childhood in this world.

My choice of red herring changes almost daily; however as things "leak" my opinions change a bit almost as if LE is setting up everyone or someone (like TH). But I'm not completely on the TH bandwagon just yet.

For example:
Landscaper coming forward after so long? Who does that? Why not right then? I don't even know this guy, but my first thoughts about him: (1) he was either on probation (or something like that) and messed up; or (2) not in the US legally and thought this was a way to remedy this. (A free pass for probation violation or green card, whatever it's called to work in US legally). (To be perfectly clear, to disrespect intended.)

MC - Unless TH and MC were on the sly prior to Kyron gone missing, my gut says says he was sent in after helping out to see what info he could get from TH; she was, um, vulnerable (encouraged possibly?) IDK. Maybe she was really not thinking straight. However, she was thinking straight enough to not take her beloved red Mustang (part of the deal probably).

LDT - Mean nothing to me. Nothing. Ex passed his "with flying colors" (job requirement, scheduled & conducted by local LE) while tripping, his admitted drug of choice. I know, I saw. (I have no idea how he passed urine analysis.)

Why doesn't there seem to be more urgency from all of the parents? Everything is obviously scripted. The step-dad seems to stay away from the spotlight, rarely even seen; also probably scripted (and he SHOULD know how it works, and he does LOOK so LE and that might not work in pressers so much).

The last statement (wasn't it a short, written statement last Sat, July 17) IIRC? It was just different, like in third person. There's probably a link here (not good at links, especially this late). I felt it was written by someone else. But I guess KH was busy moving and getting things all fixed up and all. Or something.

Other little things just making me itch (literally). Then I put weight on some other stuff: TH: the last KNOWN person to see Kyron -- is she really the LAST known person to see Kyron or is that what LE is telling us? That really bothers me. A lot.

Also, Kaine says this; Kaine says that. TH says nothing. YET. Kaine says TH has changed. Maybe, just maybe Kaine has changed, too. When TH can finally speak, I just don't know what will spill out of her mouth, through her attorney and what he's been able to find out.

There's her side, KH's side and the truth. So much false information and rumors out there. I hope Kyron is found alive and well so he can help us with the the truth. I will be just livid if all along LE, et.al., has Kyron safe and sound as we fret over this, since they are rapidly losing cred with me at the moment.

Oh. One last thing. The divorce thing with KH/TH. I think she knew something was up along those lines. IMO, women just do. And bio-mom probably did, too. Possibly it was time that Kyron spent some time with them. We'll probably never know. And about the clothes/CSI shirt, I agree. At that age, as long as it was clean, I let generally let it slide. My only rule (for the youngest) was that he could NOT sleep in the clothes he was planning on wearing to school the next day. Yes, he tried that several times at that age "to save time". Jeez.

Right now I guess my red herring is LE playing games, hopefully for a really good reason. I hope. I hope. I hope. :praying:

JMHO of course.

It's late for me. Please ignore typos and grammatical errors. Bed time for me. Long day tomorrow with temps hitting 100; sucks the life right out of you. I am due for some therapy shopping, besides on-line. B&N sounds good about now.

:cat: G'night all.

I didn't read all the responses, so I apologize in advance if already stated.

ALL THE DISTRACTIONS!

Do we need to know about TH going to the gym? Her facebook activities, all the media interviews about the divorce and restraining orders, Kaine going back to the house for the first time, the sexting, the hit man. Sounds like something right out of a soap opera!

Somewhere here Kyron got lost in the media, and it's time for him to return!

MOO

Mel

Oh. One last thing. The divorce thing with KH/TH. I think she knew something was up along those lines. IMO, women just do. And bio-mom probably did, too. Possibly it was time that Kyron spent some time with them. We'll probably never know. And about the clothes/CSI shirt, I agree. At that age, as long as it was clean, I let generally let it slide. My only rule (for the youngest) was that he could NOT sleep in the clothes he was planning on wearing to school the next day. Yes, he tried that several times at that age "to save time". Jeez.

Snipped, just jumping off your post.
I wasn't so much bringing up the CSI shirt as the seemingly large amount of frogs/kermits particularly in the photos and their home. (I know alot of boys nursery items have frogs, probably, but Kermit is another story). I just wondered if Kyron liked frogs cuz Kaine or someone liked them, if he did his project on that at the suggestion of a parent or to please the parent or if he just thought it up on his own, and that if there is something to the frog project being done for the day he disappears whether the shirt was also intended for the day he disappeared for some reason. If it's true that Kyron was not allowed to get out of bed til someone came and got him (not sure if that is a rumor or if there is a link someplace, anyone help me out) then I highly doubt he was permitted to dig thru his drawers and choose his own attire for anything.

I believe the doctor's appointment existed but I feel a part of it could be a red herring.

This is why I think so.

If Terri Horman said the appointment was for that Friday then why take Kyron's bookbag to school at all and leave it behind that day?

If she set up the ruse about the appointment then this is really what she was wanting people to believe:

She wanted everyone to assume that Kyron was gone to a doctor's appointment BUT she also wanted everyone to assume he was still at the school.:waitasec:

That does not make a lick of sense to me.

So I am convinced that there is a red herring somewhere concerning the actual truth about the doctor's appointment he supposedly had on the 11th for as it stands now imo, it does not make sense.

Either she would want them to think he had an appt or she would have wanted them to think he was at school like normal. She wouldn't have wanted them to believe both and then be there to get him off the bus that day.

imo

I believe the doctor's appointment existed but I feel a part of it could be a red herring.

This is why I think so.

If Terri Horman said the appointment was for that Friday then why take Kyron's bookbag to school at all and leave it behind that day?

If she set up the ruse about the appointment then this is really what she was wanting people to believe:

She wanted everyone to assume that Kyron was gone to a doctor's appointment BUT she also wanted everyone to assume he was still at the school.:waitasec:

That does not make a lick of sense to me.

So I am convinced that there is a red herring somewhere concerning the actual truth about the doctor's appointment he supposedly had on the 11th for as it stands now imo, it does not make sense.

Either she would want them to think he had an appt or she would have wanted them to think he was at school like normal. She wouldn't have wanted them to believe both and then be there to get him off the bus that day.

imo

This plan just sounds so complicated to have been planned out as such. I think if TH is in fact guilty there are just a lot of coincidences rather than planned events.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank YOU!!!!!

Everything is Kaine says this, Kaine says that, Since when is Kaine a spokesman for LE or the FBI?? Unless I hear it Offically from LE, Kaine's opinion means nothing to me.

Everything is Kaine says this, Kaine says that, Since when is Kaine a spokesman for LE or the FBI?? Unless I hear it Offically from LE, Kaine's opinion means nothing to me.

I agree that what Kaine or Terri (if she ever speaks in her defense) or Desiree or anyone else says holds far less factual weight for me as what LE or Auhtorities say. I want to hear what all these people have to say but I am with you, I do not give their statements as much credence as LE provided information.

Snipped, just jumping off your post.
I wasn't so much bringing up the CSI shirt as the seemingly large amount of frogs/kermits particularly in the photos and their home. (I know alot of boys nursery items have frogs, probably, but Kermit is another story). I just wondered if Kyron liked frogs cuz Kaine or someone liked them, if he did his project on that at the suggestion of a parent or to please the parent or if he just thought it up on his own, and that if there is something to the frog project being done for the day he disappears whether the shirt was also intended for the day he disappeared for some reason. If it's true that Kyron was not allowed to get out of bed til someone came and got him (not sure if that is a rumor or if there is a link someplace, anyone help me out) then I highly doubt he was permitted to dig thru his drawers and choose his own attire for anything.

BBM, respectfully.

Yes, good point. For such a well-done project, it would have made the perfect FB picture if his t-shirt had a frog on it. Maybe whomever got him dressed for school every day choose his outfit. Would Kyron even know what "CSI" meant? Or did he just like black t-shirts, like a phase or something? (He did have black Skechers, right?) Maybe he just KNEW to put on what he was told or laid out, no choice. Just pondering, of course, since I don't know.

Maybe Kyron was just trying to please Daddy with the frog project. Speaking from experience, boys will like what Dad likes, especially at that age, maybe to make Dad happy? If the teachers were talking, we would know if the students were able to choose their project topic. (Here, it was a choice, multiple choice, but still a choice, without any input from parents, of course, and a due date.)

I haven't heard that rumor about staying in bed until someone came and got him; sort of makes sense with a little one -- huge "sort of" (as rumor vs fact) considering two parents in the morning I would think they could handle the AM rush, assuming they worked in tandem. Also, another control thing going on and wondering who made up that rule IF it's not a rumor.

OTH, being on a schedule is important. At least it was at our house. Our boys thrived on routine, as did our granddaughter when she stayed with us. Not to judge, but it was necessary and it worked for us as long as flexibility is factored in (cuz you just never know .....)

Yes, add the CSI shirt on THAT day to my list. Why that shirt on that day?
:waitasec:

To me the red herring, if that is what it is, is that there is an accomplice. I certainly may turn out to be wrong, but I have never believed it. It is not that kind of crime to me. Sharing in something that brings harm to a child, whether emotional, physical, psychological, or even death, is not something it would be easy to find someone to go along with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bikerman Chief
Back