Zodiac killer dead?

He is most likely dead. If he isn’t he probably has a disease that has affected his memory and he has forgotten that he’s the Zodiac, but will probably never know for sure.

I still have hope that the Zodiac will be identified.

I do believe he is gone now. In all of his ego he would have done some boasting or poking about the ciphers going unsolved for so long. His joy of letting the public know HE was still in control was bigger than he was. Experts seem to believe all killers run on a forever driven urge to kill....I beg to differ. Just as something kicked the killer in the path he chose, an end goal can be met to where the urge is subsided or even gone. A permanent injury could have stopped him, or maybe reached an age to where it's not so easy anymore. Simply put, don't let so called "etched in stone" profiles from previously studied killers be the only thing you go by. Experts swear a killer can't quit killing.....try that one again. There are so so many lesser known killers that were ruthless, caused chaos, then simply vanished. You don't hear about them at all, but it makes some interesting research.

Maybe, maybe not. He would have been young enough at the time to possibly still be alive today.

Maybe, maybe not. He would have been young enough at the time to possibly still be alive today.

That kind of depends on what description you think is accurate. I seem to recall they had him aged anywhere from mid twenties, in which case he could still be alive, to mid-forties, in which case it is far less likely.

I would have thought he was the type that would have left something, like the rest of Stine's shirt, to prove who he was after his death. I have always wondered if perhaps he did, but his family could have destroyed. Pure speculation, of course.

That kind of depends on what description you think is accurate. I seem to recall they had him aged anywhere from mid twenties, in which case he could still be alive, to mid-forties, in which case it is far less likely.

I would have thought he was the type that would have left something, like the rest of Stine's shirt, to prove who he was after his death. I have always wondered if perhaps he did, but his family could have destroyed. Pure speculation, of course.

This one has always fascinated me. I would love to see it somehow solved, dead or alive.

I do believe he is gone now. In all of his ego he would have done some boasting or poking about the ciphers going unsolved for so long. His joy of letting the public know HE was still in control was bigger than he was. Experts seem to believe all killers run on a forever driven urge to kill....I beg to differ. Just as something kicked the killer in the path he chose, an end goal can be met to where the urge is subsided or even gone. A permanent injury could have stopped him, or maybe reached an age to where it's not so easy anymore. Simply put, don't let so called "etched in stone" profiles from previously studied killers be the only thing you go by. Experts swear a killer can't quit killing.....try that one again. There are so so many lesser known killers that were ruthless, caused chaos, then simply vanished. You don't hear about them at all, but it makes some interesting research.
He is almost certainly dead but I beg to differ to serial killers frequently burn out he might have found it more fun to taunt the police and just stop killing I mean we're working on 60 years now and he was 25 to 35 years old I mean 85 to 95 in all likelihood he's been dead for a while

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back