Zodiac killer / Robert Durst Connection?

There has never been anything confirmed in the press that Robert Durst has dissociative identity disorder.

As far as I have ever heard suspicions about DID are because he talks to himself in the bathroom during The Jinx. But that's not DID.

True cases of DID do not involve personalities holding conversations. They present themselves to take on the emotional labor of difficult circumstances. If Durst was a real DID he would present as a whole other personality during interviews when he gets uncomfortable. He never changes.

More likely is he was literally just talking to himself. If there is ANY kind of extra mental health disorder in play, maybe auditory hallucinations are possible. But there is nothing confirmed anywhere about Durst's mental health.
Thank you for the info. I read that mr. Durst was diagnosed with multiple personalities as a child. During therapy sessions after his mother died.
I will find the source and post them.

Regardless. Robert is not stable and I do not believe that everyone falls under an all or nothing category. Some humans are forever evolving. Some with spirituality some with humanitarian, others with narcissism and a few tragic humans that are ruled by the animal part of being a human. All of these peak at some point and then become survival. That of course is my humble opinion of growing up with a sociopath father and seeing the darkest demons of human beings.

There has never been anything confirmed in the press that Robert Durst has dissociative identity disorder.

As far as I have ever heard suspicions about DID are because he talks to himself in the bathroom during The Jinx. But that's not DID.

True cases of DID do not involve personalities holding conversations. They present themselves to take on the emotional labor of difficult circumstances. If Durst was a real DID he would present as a whole other personality during interviews when he gets uncomfortable. He never changes.

More likely is he was literally just talking to himself. If there is ANY kind of extra mental health disorder in play, maybe auditory hallucinations are possible. But there is nothing confirmed anywhere about Durst's mental health.

I totally agree. When Durst was 10 years old, a psychiatrist said he couldn’t be treated because he suffered from “personality decomposition and possibly even schizophrenia”.

Personality decomposition is not a true medical diagnosis and could mean any number of things — amnesia, emotional distress, psychological trauma, or any of the existing personality disorders (paranoid, schizoid, schizotypal, antisocial, borderline, histrionic, narcissistic, avoidant, dependent, obsessive compulsive).

A psychiatrist hired by Durst’s lawyers during the Morris Black trial also diagnosed him with Asperger's.

Side Note / also thought I’d add —
I think some very plausible and convincing points have been made in this thread, but the Susan Berman letter handwriting (which Durst admittedly wrote) looks nothing like the Zodiac’s handwriting IMO.

Could I read your book. My instincts went on high after I saw that documentary. The main flag was that he had that car in storage for many years in San Francisco. After I saw that my mind spun to the zodiac killer. After that connections were easy and feasible in theory.

I’d love to chat more !
Hi Natalie, I didn’t read this until today my email is so full of spam. I can email you a copy of the book it’s called “millionaire murders” Trail to the Zodiac Killer. I published it on kindle publishing but it did not download the images for each section. wgseattle@gmail.com I would like to email you a complete copy.

Could I read your book. My instincts went on high after I saw that documentary. The main flag was that he had that car in storage for many years in San Francisco. After I saw that my mind spun to the zodiac killer. After that connections were easy and feasible in theory.

I’d love to chat more !
Hi Natalie, I didn’t read this until today my email is so full of spam. I can email you a copy of the book it’s called “millionaire murders” Trail to the Zodiac Killer. I published it on kindle publishing but it did not download the images for each section. wgseattle@gmail.com I would like to email you a complete copy.

I’d love to chat more !

After Robert Durst was found not quilty of murder chopping up his pal in Galveston, he met a woman named Linda Zavellos on a flight, and subsequently dated her. In a letter Durst had hand delivered to her by a currier, he wrote how he peeped into her window. Zodiac sent a letter to Dt. Toshi that read “peeped through the pines” the word peeped seems bizarre compared to peeked which seems more normal. I think this is one more clue that points at Robert Durst as the zodiac.

That we know of. Apparently he's linked to some other potential crimes, mostly circumstantial evidence like "he was in the town the same day" or "that girl went to his store once." But just because he got found out for his crimes connected to people he was close to doesn't mean those are the only ones. As far as I can tell so far, Morris Black was a stranger. I don't see how he had any connection to Robert Durst apart from being a neighbor while he was living below his means while dressing as a woman.

Here are some interesting details about Zodiac and Durst:

*Zodiac used a 9mm and a .22 caliber in his shooting murders. Susan Berman was shot with a 9mm and Morris Black allegedly struggled with Durst over a .22 caliber gun.
*Zodiac was alleged to be in his late 20s or older, but the Lake Berryessa witness who conversed with him the longest wondered if he was closer to his 20s than 30s. Durst was born in 1943, which made him 26 in 1969.
*Zodiac was described as having a drawl but not a Souther drawl. One of the female victims was able to describe his voice as "precise" but neither high nor low, just clear. Durst has a very unique speaking voice, emphatic in how he says certain words, and one that could be described as having a drawl. His customary gravelly sound may have developed with age due to smoking habits.
*Zodiac killed men and women. Durst killed both, too.
*Zodiac spelled words wrong in block-writing communications with police. Durst mailed an all-caps letter to "Beverley Hills Police" that specified where police could find the body of Berman.
*Zodiac referred to changing his appearance in his communications with police. Durst is known to have dressed as an elderly woman to avoid identification in Texas and shaved his eyebrows and head to project a different image when he went on the run. His appearance in early years with his wife also rapidly changed, from bearded and clean-cut to no facial hair and wavy long-ish hair to the weird Prince Valiant haircut he had in his 1973 wedding photo.
*Zodiac was active from 1968-1969 in terms of their crimes. From 1970 onward, he does not kill anyone else that police can tie to him and only letters sporadically arrive. By 1974 it is suspected that he has moved or gone to jail or died. Also important, it is presumed something in the Zodiac's life changed momentously and caused them to pursue their crimes when they did. From 1967 to spring of 1969, Durst was at UCLA studying economics in a graduate program. At some point in the late fall of 1968 or early 1969, he was "called home" by his father to work for the family organization. It's unclear when exactly this employment began or how in earnest given that in his own words he did not go into the office much.

*I would also add there is considerable additional evidence that Durst had ties to the San Francisco area and actually commuted to SF from NY before traveling to LA by car to kill Berman. He commuted back to SF to fly out to NYC. So that already suggests the distance between the California cities was nothing to him as a driver. Moreover, his wealth would make it very easy for him to have traveled between NY and SF without arousing suspicion.
That we know of. Apparently he's linked to some other potential crimes, mostly circumstantial evidence like "he was in the town the same day" or "that girl went to his store once." But just because he got found out for his crimes connected to people he was close to doesn't mean those are the only ones. As far as I can tell so far, Morris Black was a stranger. I don't see how he had any connection to Robert Durst apart from being a neighbor while he was living below his means while dressing as a woman.

Here are some interesting details about Zodiac and Durst:

*Zodiac used a 9mm and a .22 caliber in his shooting murders. Susan Berman was shot with a 9mm and Morris Black allegedly struggled with Durst over a .22 caliber gun.
*Zodiac was alleged to be in his late 20s or older, but the Lake Berryessa witness who conversed with him the longest wondered if he was closer to his 20s than 30s. Durst was born in 1943, which made him 26 in 1969.
*Zodiac was described as having a drawl but not a Souther drawl. One of the female victims was able to describe his voice as "precise" but neither high nor low, just clear. Durst has a very unique speaking voice, emphatic in how he says certain words, and one that could be described as having a drawl. His customary gravelly sound may have developed with age due to smoking habits.
*Zodiac killed men and women. Durst killed both, too.
*Zodiac spelled words wrong in block-writing communications with police. Durst mailed an all-caps letter to "Beverley Hills Police" that specified where police could find the body of Berman.
*Zodiac referred to changing his appearance in his communications with police. Durst is known to have dressed as an elderly woman to avoid identification in Texas and shaved his eyebrows and head to project a different image when he went on the run. His appearance in early years with his wife also rapidly changed, from bearded and clean-cut to no facial hair and wavy long-ish hair to the weird Prince Valiant haircut he had in his 1973 wedding photo.
*Zodiac was active from 1968-1969 in terms of their crimes. From 1970 onward, he does not kill anyone else that police can tie to him and only letters sporadically arrive. By 1974 it is suspected that he has moved or gone to jail or died. Also important, it is presumed something in the Zodiac's life changed momentously and caused them to pursue their crimes when they did. From 1967 to spring of 1969, Durst was at UCLA studying economics in a graduate program. At some point in the late fall of 1968 or early 1969, he was "called home" by his father to work for the family organization. It's unclear when exactly this employment began or how in earnest given that in his own words he did not go into the office much.

*I would also add there is considerable additional evidence that Durst had ties to the San Francisco area and actually commuted to SF from NY before traveling to LA by car to kill Berman. He commuted back to SF to fly out to NYC. So that already suggests the distance between the California cities was nothing to him as a driver. Moreover, his wealth would make it very easy for him to have traveled between NY and SF without arousing suspicion.

Manuel: I have been studying the connection between Robert durst and zodiac for several years, you seem to know a lot about the zodiac case details. The heavy New York accent may have been construed as a drawl by the young Californians. I never heard about zodiac drawl report before, which validated my theory z is from back east.

After Robert Durst was found not quilty of murder chopping up his pal in Galveston, he met a woman named Linda Zavellos on a flight, and subsequently dated her. In a letter Durst had hand delivered to her by a currier, he wrote how he peeped into her window. Zodiac sent a letter to Dt. Toshi that read “peeped through the pines” the word peeped seems bizarre compared to peeked which seems more normal. I think this is one more clue that points at Robert Durst as the zodiac.
Well... men who watch women thru windows aren't called Peeking Toms. They're called Peeping Toms.
I think peep is actually more commonly used to describe such behavior. Peep is to look at something while trying not to be seen or noticed. Peek is to look slyly, or with the eyes half closed, or in a hesitant manner.

This is interesting, but I don't believe that Robert Durst is clever enough to be the Zodiac. The only reason that Durst has avoided prison is because of his family fortune.

When durst was a child after his mother committed suicide, his father had Roberts mental health evaluated. He was diagnosed with personality decomposition. Durst missing or dead wife got her hands on the documents, his brother may have had something to do with the release of the information
Well... men who watch women thru
windows aren't called Peeking Toms. They're called Peeping Toms.
I think peep is actually more commonly used to describe such behavior. Peep is to look at something while trying not to be seen or noticed. Peek is to look slyly, or with the eyes half closed, or in a hesitant manner.
This is interesting, but I don't believe that Robert Durst is clever enough to be the Zodiac. The only reason that Durst has avoided prison is because of his family fortune.
Well... men who watch women thru windows aren't called Peeking Toms. They're called Peeping Toms.
Read Robert durst’s letter to Linda Zavalos, he looked into the window of her new place, I don’t think there was anyone living there to peep at yet.

After researching Robert Durst for years, I can tell you he is clever sneaky slippery uses and carries disguises multiple identifications and identities, large amount of cash hidden or mailed to himself. We all watch spy movies, but how many of us take notes and apply these tactics to our routine.

When durst was a child after his mother committed suicide, his father had Roberts mental health evaluated. He was diagnosed with personality decomposition. Durst missing or dead wife got her hands on the documents, his brother may have had something to do with the release of the information

Read Robert durst’s letter to Linda Zavalos, he looked into the window of her new place, I don’t think there was anyone living there to peep at yet.
You can also peep at things, so the vacancy of the house is irrelevant. My point was that peep is commonly used to describe the act of peeping in windows. Therefore, it’s not a bizarre or unusual word choice at all. At least, in my opinion.

I totally agree. When Durst was 10 years old, a psychiatrist said he couldn’t be treated because he suffered from “personality decomposition and possibly even schizophrenia”.

Personality decomposition is not a true medical diagnosis and could mean any number of things — amnesia, emotional distress, psychological trauma, or any of the existing personality disorders (paranoid, schizoid, schizotypal, antisocial, borderline, histrionic, narcissistic, avoidant, dependent, obsessive compulsive).

A psychiatrist hired by Durst’s lawyers during the Morris Black trial also diagnosed him with Asperger's.

I think some very plausible and convincing points have been made in this thread, but the Susan Berman letter handwriting (which Durst admittedly wrote) looks nothing like the Zodiac’s handwriting IMO.
You can also peep at things, so the vacancy of the house is irrelevant. My point was that peep is commonly used to describe the act of peeping in windows. Therefore, it’s not a bizarre or unusual word choice at all. At least, in my opinion.
The

I have examined the cadaver note and envelope and compared it to zodiac letters and envelopes. I have noticed some similarities. Directive to speed up dilivery, seems zodiac was alway trying different ways to speed up the mail with notes on the envelope double stamping or air mail. Where were they postmarked? Look closer at the clues.

The

I have examined the cadaver note and envelope and compared it to zodiac letters and envelopes. I have noticed some similarities. Directive to speed up dilivery, seems zodiac was alway trying different ways to speed up the mail with notes on the envelope double stamping or air mail. Where were they postmarked? Look closer at the clues.
I suppose our opinions have diverged and ne’er a twain shall they meet.

I suppose our opinions have diverged and ne’er a twain shall they meet.
This thread was created by paying attention to clues and similarities by a highly intelligent focused sleuth, I believe this thread may lead to the true identity of the zodiac killer.

Durst's most recent trial began on March 2, 2020, but was postponed when Judge Windham announced that the trial, which had been under way for six days, will stand adjourned until a later date due to the COVID-19 pandemic. After additional pandemic-related delays, and a denied defense motion for a mistrial, the trial is scheduled to resume on May 17, 2021.

I don’t know much of clinical diagnosis from a doctors side. I do know people and have been around humans with mental illness, multiple personality disorders , psychopaths, murders etc. the all have something in common. They are just off mentally. They don’t function in society in a capable way. Sometimes it’s a feeling when around them, sometimes it’s the actions of them. I am a human of curiosity and I ask questions outside of black and white thinking. Which sometimes gets missed by people that like labels on personalities.
I do know that peoples mental disorders can be layered with many diagnosis and they absolutely can change over time to adapt life to abide their demons and or survival. As we age, some also have an expanded mental faculties that breakdown. The brain ages and gets tired, lazy or just crazy.
I certainly am pointing out some things that gave me red flags and wanted to discuss. I think it would be very easy to change handwriting, per say. The MO for the zodiac killings are a young mans spree killing. The murder he committed to his friend in San Francisco was a whole different MO. It was closer to him, he could have gotten caught and that panic could have caused him to write the letter faster or he changed in all those years . I am a firm believer that some killers don’t change the MO. But some, get off on throwing the trail to someone else. That is plausible and the most dangerous kind of demon.

I like that the thread has some interest . thanks for responding :)

Cool thread and interesting suspect, I don’t know anything about Durst yet but I’ll check him out and report back what think. I’ve been pretty deep down the Zodiac rabbit hole in the past, those ciphers are what converted me from true crime fan to amateur sleuth lol! It amazes me anyone ever thought he had any experience in cryptography, there’s nothing about them to suggest he was very bright academically at all, I’ve always thought his spelling was the biggest clue he left us, I doubt it was deliberate when he was rubbing LE’s nose in it that he was smarter than them!

Personally I tend to think Z only ever committed 4 serious crimes but I’m happy to be proved wrong :)

It is simple Bob Durst is a movie buff. Borrows ideas from spy movies. false finger prints disguises latex mask multiple passports and ids. Small concealable guns. The difference is he is a psychopath or sociopath, he takes notes and has tons of time and financial resources. Durst was educated at the finest schools, being groomed to be head of a billion dollar New York real estate family business. A sociopath gets pleasure from breaking rules and norms. Creating a villain; following the rules in spelling.
So I suppose he broke the rules in the creation of his unbroken codes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back