Steve Buscemi punched in face on street, Kips Bay, Manhattan, hospitalized - 8 May 2024

Awww... Vetter is a Buscemi fan, too!! (I want to hug them both... Vetter & Buscemi!)

Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder took a break from rocking the full house gathered on Monday at the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento to discuss current events.

No, he wasn’t ready to open up on his thoughts on the situation in Gaza, or who he intends to vote for in the Trump-Biden presidential race (gee, I wonder where Vedder’s vote will go in that one?).

Instead, he wanted to chat about the bizarre case of a beloved actor recently getting punched in the face in New York City for no seemingly discernable reason whatsoever.

“Who the (expletive) does that to Steve Buscemi?” Vedder asked the crowd.

Then, seemingly concerned that not everyone in the crowd might know the actor, decided to clear things up a bit about the victim of the attack.

The vocalist then went on to list many of outstanding qualities of Buscemi, who is also known for his work in “The Sopranos,” “The Big Lebowski” and too many other cool films and programs to mention here. And it should be remembered that Buscemi — who was a New York City firefighter prior to making it in Hollywood — suited up and worked along firefighters to search for survivors after the World Trade Center fell on Sept. 11, 2001.

And that’s the guy who ends up getting socked in the face? In New York City?

“I mean, hit me — don’t hit him,” Vedder said.

SB=Southern Italian and Dutch heritage, raised in NY, Roman Catholic
MS=Ashkenazi Jewish heritage, raised in LA, Reform Judiasm

The men do not look similar to each other, IMO, so I am wondering if you can clarify what you mean by the victims’ “ancestry and ethnicity” possibly being motivators (or at least serving as grounds) for “profiling or targeting” by their attackers.

They both look white, elderly and frail. Perfect targets for the "Knock Out" game.

From your link...

Buscemi is the second actor from the popular HBO television show "Boardwalk Empire" attacked this spring. Michael Stuhlbarg was struck in the head with a rock while walking near Central Park on March 31.

:(
This is what running in the same crowds ,gets a person.
Also ,I kept reading this thread with the idea the victim did not survive . He so did . He is fine.

Last edited:
This is what running in the same crowds ,gets a person.
Also ,I kept reading this thread with the idea the victim did not survive . He so did . He is fine.

I don't understand your words about "running in the same crowds".

Alleged Steve Buscemi NYC attacker in custody, was tied to another assault on same day

“Police also revealed Friday that Buscemi was not Williams' only alleged victim that day: He punched a 22-year-old man near East 15th Street and Third Avenue just 10 minutes before slugging the actor, police said.

Williams was charged with misdemeanor assault in the first incident and felony assault in the attack on Buscemi, due to the 66-year-old being considered a senior citizen. Attorney information for Williams wasn't known.”

Alleged Steve Buscemi NYC attacker in custody, was tied to another assault on same day

“Police also revealed Friday that Buscemi was not Williams' only alleged victim that day: He punched a 22-year-old man near East 15th Street and Third Avenue just 10 minutes before slugging the actor, police said.

Williams was charged with misdemeanor assault in the first incident and felony assault in the attack on Buscemi, due to the 66-year-old being considered a senior citizen. Attorney information for Williams wasn't known.”
It looks like the laws need to be changed on this type of crime. moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua
Back