Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
regarding MassGuy post # 181:
I agree--except there is usually torture/power involved with the murders
from my readings on serial killers, they keep the victim alive for torture/power/sex/etc--killing them '''quickly''' being a few hours to days, if I recall correctly
examples:
Hillside Stranglers-much torture
Randy Kraft--much sadistic torture
etc
where as the people that keep the victims '''just'' for sex don't murder--generally speaking
examples:
MDevlin where they found not one but 2 abducted boys!!
One search, two boys found: The Missouri Miracle 10 years ago
Elizabeth Smart
Ariel Castro abductions
etc

I just keep thinking this could possibly be a sk. So few mistakes that we have been made aware of and the lack of clues. Maybe a truck driver in the town that has killed and dumped along his routes in the past and MT happened to be one that caught his eye locally??

on the previous thread, some were mentioning the vandalism possibly related to mollie's disappearance. while i think vandalism to murder is a bit of a stretch, it got me thinking about this concept as a bigger picture: maybe mollie witnessed something she wasnt supposed to either along her run, outside between the house and the co-op or an errand/some other reason she left the house we arent yet aware of (such as caseys or true hardware)....maybe she came across a fight between two people or saw someone(s) doing something nefarious....

i dont think its the most likely, just another scenario to contemplate

regarding MassGuy post # 181:
I agree--except there is usually torture/power involved with the murders
from my readings on serial killers, they keep the victim alive for torture/power/sex/etc--killing them '''quickly''' being a few hours to days, if I recall correctly
examples:
Hillside Stranglers-much torture
Randy Kraft--much sadistic torture
etc
where as the people that keep the victims '''just'' for sex don't murder--generally speaking
examples:
MDevlin where they found not one but 2 abducted boys!!
One search, two boys found: The Missouri Miracle 10 years ago
Elizabeth Smart
Ariel Castro abductions
etc
I agree, there are many exceptions, especially when it comes to some serial killers. I'm just talking about what is more likely, not what is possible.

Despite the sizable rewards, detectives have not found the person who shot Deputy Chris Reyka outside a Walgreens in Pompano Beach on Aug. 10. They also have not tracked down the killer of Nancy Bochicchio and her daughter, Joey Bochicchio-Hauser, who left them in their idling SUV at the mall on Dec. 12.

Still, investigators of both cases consider big rewards an important way to generate attention and leads. They said any shred of information could be a tipping point in these hard-to-solve cases.
question:
...in these rural areas--where some of these guys might be ''loners'', how possible/often would there be ''a lot'' of people that know something?
there can't be too many people that would have direct knowledge of the crimes ?

on the previous thread, some were mentioning the vandalism possibly related to mollie's disappearance. while i think vandalism to murder is a bit of a stretch, it got me thinking about this concept as a bigger picture: maybe mollie witnessed something she wasnt supposed to either along her run, outside between the house and the co-op or an errand/some other reason she left the house we arent yet aware of (such as caseys or true hardware)....maybe she came across a fight between two people or saw someone(s) doing something nefarious....

Someone mentioned a similar scenario last night. My problem with that is most vandals are simply going to run away. Depending on the amount of damage, vandalism can be a misdemeanor. It doesn't make a lot of sense to commit a violent, and probable deadly felony, to cover up something so minor. This is especially true with the alternative of simply disappearing into the night.

An interesting theory, however the idea I had was that someone broke into the hardware store after abducting Mollie to get supplies to help them get rid of a body.. or to keep her restrained, rope, duct tape, shovel etc. Sorry to be graphic. Hearing from someone local that LE has refused to clarify this incident makes me suspicious that it is indeed somehow related to Mollie's disappearance. Otherwise why not just say... only some kids with a spray can, nothing to see here.

There is a new Des Moines Register article entitled "What Snapchat can and can't do to help," but I've reached my limit of 10 free articles and can't view it. Has anyone else read it and is there anything useful there?
It just goes over how Snapchat works (sending picture messages that expire after seen, what the company that owns Snapchat keeps in their database, etc). It mentions about how it may not be as useful as having Facebook or Instagram data and that it's better to have the actual cell phone to see what towers it pings to.

Someone mentioned a similar scenario last night. My problem with that is most vandals are simply going to run away. Depending on the amount of damage, vandalism can be a misdemeanor. It doesn't make a lot of sense to commit a violent, and probable deadly felony, to cover up something so minor. This is especially true with the alternative of simply disappearing into the night.

agreed. i may not have been clear but what i mean is if it what if she witnessed something more sinister than vandalism...all of the ideas would be pretty far fetched but if she witnessed someone hurting another person, some type of drug deal...something severe enough that would cause the person she came across to confront her/maybe kill her to cover their own secrets.

in short, mollie was in the wrong place at the wrong time and stumbled across someone else's secrets that were more sever than vandalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298