Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In an interview, Nickole says “I had my son look in the garage...” so she may have boosted him up to see through the window.

Also, she said the girls beds were unmade which was abnormal because Shanann was “very OCD.”

Interview here: Friend of woman allegedly killed by husband not 'shocked' by his arrest

If you let this video flow into the next one, there are screenshots that appear to be where she was found, and possibly it was in a culvert? I'm not on my computer so somebody else can perhaps do better screenshots than I.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180822-151649.png
    Screenshot_20180822-151649.png
    581.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_20180822-151644.png
    Screenshot_20180822-151644.png
    537.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_20180822-151646.png
    Screenshot_20180822-151646.png
    474.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20180822-151603.png
    Screenshot_20180822-151603.png
    500.3 KB · Views: 74
Oh, wow! So his being at those various sites would not have seemed strange at all! Not only that, he could have prepped the site beforehand...loosening the bolts on the manways. Even digging some would not have been suspect because sometimes they dig some dirt up to put on a crude spill so they can shovel it up and put it in a container.

Yes and where he put them was located on a ranch in the middle of rangeland. I doubt was seen at all as it might have been located where no ranch hands even had to go near. Geeezzzz.

Hi all,
Please forgive me as I’m behind on posts when forum reopened today. I responded once a bit ago, but life today (and thank goodness I have that fortune).
So, not sure of this has been addressed, inquired or questioned.
We’ve seen the DNA around child’s neck request, we’ve all seen the documents, and understand at least the basics of touch DNA.
BUT what about a “pounds per pressure” to strangle someone,
particularly a child and male vs. female strength.
Would the autopsy examine be able to determine, yes strangulation, BUT too strong to be a female? Or predeceased marks not consistent with SW fingers, hand, nail size, etc?

I can imagine the interrogation of CW was extremely severe; LE saying STOP LYING, WE HAVE CAMERA VIDEO, we SAW what you did that night, we know what time you go to work, we know you left at 5 am, not you normal time, we saw you back the car into the garage before you left, we know you have a girlfriend her name is XYZ, your neighbor has a camera, the 6 weeks 'vacation from the wife and kids,' we know what you did those 6 weeks..we have it on tape.

Unlike CA little journey thru Universal studios 'to show LE where she worked' when she takes LE all the way down a dead end hall then says, oh haha, I don't really work here, when LE knew she did not work there and went with her on the wild goose chase to see how far she was actually going to take her lie...Well, CW didn't get that far into his lie, his scheme, his I didn't do it, wasn't me, he didn't get his 31 days to come up with his BS. CA had 31 days and CW got busted ASAP by the 'nosy friend' as he will probably call her for life...and LE got him dead to rights..

I think they had a fresh grave and the body of an adult woman in an area his employer documents him as being on.

I just don't imagine he was thinking straight. He was racing against the clock.
I think he planned on "setting the scene" later that day, and then saying he assumed she took off with the kids because they'd had this "emotional conversation" about separating and she got upset & left without telling him where she was going.
It would be a great way for him to save face, to say "she took off and left me, took my kids...I've been abandoned....I don't need this big house, too many memories....I'm going to have to sell (before the foreclosure signs go up)...."
I think SW probably put the phone by the bed that fateful night as many of us do, and while she was brushing her teeth or changing or whatever, he quickly hid it in the couch cushions so she'd have no chance of being able to get to it once he attacked her. I think disposing of the phone was part of the "clean up" plan that was to take place later...

Thanks for the answers to this. Can I just add that this phone was found in the loft area - I was assuming but IDK that this is the floor where the kids sleep not the master bedroom floor.

If you look at the front of the house, there are two garage doors. You can easily look in Sideways from one garage door if the car is parked on the other side to see if their car seats. But in listening to the above interview that someone so kindly has just posted, she says the car seats were usually in the car. She did not say that she saw the car seats in the car at that time. She just said her son saw the car.
I hadn’t thought about looking in “sideways” so that could be a possibility. There was (and still is) a lot of contradictions in various news reports regarding N’s initial visit there so I took most of it with a grain of salt. She does NOT say in that official news interview that she saw the seats in the car. You are correct in saying she only mentioned they were usually there BUT, the official affidavit states the following:
“Nicole went to Shanann’s residence and discovered her car in the garage with car seats positioned inside of it

This leads me to believe that in her official statement to police she did in fact say that she observed the car AND the car seats.

Also, I’m curious why it would be “officially stated” that SHE observed the car and car seats, when she states in her more recent interview that it was her son and not herself who observed this.

Something with her just hasn’t been sitting right with me.

About 70 minutes round trip. Plus the manway covers have very large bolts--8 of them--that would take some time to remove. Sometimes, if they are rusted, they can be very hard to loosen. Thinking he may have loosened them ahead of them. Also, when I Google Mapped the location, the road says "limited access." I am thinking it had a gate...lots of roads to well sites do...and he either had to key in a code or use an access card. Personally, I think Anadarko was instrumental in helping them find them. There are hundreds of wellsites and this one was very remote. What are the odds that they would find this one particular wellsite if Anadarko had not gone through their records?

Yes. I think Anadanko has the truck GPS info that he had been at well CERVI 319 at about 7-8 am the morning of SW's disappearance.

So he has all the tools and knowledge of how to access the tanks.

I note LE pickedup his truck the evning of 8/13 (Monday). Interesting that LE removes it to search it, after examining the house & contents. Even then, they can tell there was foul play ( sheet in garbage, phone, purse, keys, epipen inside locked house)

So as they always look first at the SO and last person to see missing persons, they are already looking at him as a suspect. Next steps: 1. Examine that truck ( neighbor has a time it left home) 2. Call workplace to discuss his whereabouts - talk to his supervisors, his colleagues.

I'm surmising that on Tuesday, 8/14 with the knowledge his job is out in the fields - ask Anadanko if they have any info on his whereabouts prior to work. Anadanko checks their truck GPS & notes he has been at well CERVI 319 prior to work that am ( which would be very unusual - likely not on his maintenance work schedule) Anadanko & LE go out there & note the disturbed ground. LE calls for drone & they find the bedsheet. It would only take a cellphone photo to compare it with the one in the trash at the home. I think LE knew there was a grave by Tuesday evening. But there's only one body. By then neighbors have called CBI & FBI.

Either Tues eve or Wed am, LE confronts CW with this info. Wed am he picks up Dad at airport. Anadanko fires him on Wed in anticipation of arrest. LE confronts him Wed with the info & he "confesses" about killing SW & burying her. To confirm his stupid story about her murdering the children, he has to account for their bodies. Takes a while but he finally has to fess up to putting them in the oil tanks.

But why put the kids in oil tanks to cover the scent of decomposition, but put her body in a grave where it would be more easily detected? His plan was to find a tank for her than evening after cleaning up the scene of the crime. If not for NA....

Again, I think there will be ample evidence if premeditation, completely destroying his statement to LE

As strong as he is, dead weight (sorry) is very difficult to maneuver. And then there’s possible rigor setting in. I figure he just couldn’t manage getting SWs body up and then into a tank. I think he probably intended to, but couldn’t. Sorry to say these words; it sounds so insensitive.

Hi all,
Please forgive me as I’m behind on posts when forum reopened today. I responded once a bit ago, but life today (and thank goodness I have that fortune).
So, not sure of this has been addressed, inquired or questioned.
We’ve seen the DNA around child’s neck request, we’ve all seen the documents, and understand at least the basics of touch DNA.
BUT what about a “pounds per pressure” to strangle someone,
particularly a child and male vs. female strength.
Would the autopsy examine be able to determine, yes strangulation, BUT too strong to be a female? Or predeceased marks not consistent with SW fingers, hand, nail size, etc?

I don't think so Flo ( gendered pressure signs) but I already had this saved cause posted it before in response to someone else's general question.
It explains how little pressure is needed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 14.22.44.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 14.22.44.png
    267.3 KB · Views: 35
Oh, wow! So his being at those various sites would not have seemed strange at all! Not only that, he could have prepped the site beforehand...loosening the bolts on the manways. Even digging some would not have been suspect because sometimes they dig some dirt up to put on a crude spill so they can shovel it up and put it in a container.

bumping cause Nanz's posts are always so informative on the technical issues at the disposal site.

Yes. I think Anadanko has the truck GPS info that he had been at well CERVI 319 at about 7-8 am the morning of SW's disappearance.

Could even be possible that he was at that wellsite still working on it when he got an alert on his cellphone that Nickol was at his house. He jumped in his truck and rushed there with the sheet blowing out of the back of his truck. Only thing could be that CERVI 319 is about 40 minutes from his home.

I hadn’t thought about looking in “sideways” so that could be a possibility. There was (and still is) a lot of contradictions in various news reports regarding N’s initial visit there so I took most of it with a grain of salt. She does NOT say in that official news interview that she saw the seats in the car. You are correct in saying she only mentioned they were usually there BUT, the official affidavit states the following:
“Nicole went to Shanann’s residence and discovered her car in the garage with car seats positioned inside of it

This leads me to believe that in her official statement to police she did in fact say that she observed the car AND the car seats.

Also, I’m curious why it would be “officially stated” that SHE observed the car and car seats, when she states in her more recent interview that it was her son and not herself who observed this.

everyone reads things differently. I read it as that she discovered the car. And yes the car seats were in it which was documented upon entering the house. I don't see that is being different than her son saw them, so therefore she discovered the car. And since she had not entered the house and they found the car seats in them, she did discover the car with the car seats in them. Not that she saw the car and she saw the car seats. I just think it's the way it's written.

Well, he had his phone with him obviously at one point so we shall see if the law enforcement agencies can track his movements during that day and what time he was where. Unless, he turned his phone off at one point in time. But if he was burying his wife, and he did turn off his phone, they would not be able to get in touch when the doorbell application went off.?

The truck was an Anadanko truck, They would have access to the truck GPS. I think they were the ones to discover the truck had been at well CERVI 319 that morning, when LE asked about his behavior at work

This was my initial thought as well after watching his interview, but after hearing what her good friend NU/NA had to say about SW's mindset at the time and learning about the mistress and financial issues, I started to lean towards him wanting to disappear....and start again.

First post - this is just my own opinion, but having known several narcissists, their thing is that they need someone to boost their ego; to think they are the biggest thing since sliced bread. If SW did not feel this way about CW anymore, then maybe the AP was now filling that role for him. He possibly was trying to move on with AP, but his controlling nature could not just let him "break up" the marriage and let his old family possibly have a new man in their life someday (or for him to be seen in a negative light). Obviously there's more than just the narcissism going on with him, but IMO that is what prompted all this. My condolences to anyone who knew SW and her girls, my heart breaks for you.

I was asked to edit this to indicate that AP = affair partner, as listed in the acronyms on this website.

Last edited:
Correct. I had assumed that he worked in the plant. If he was a field services operator, his job would have been traveling to various well sites to check out the wells, take some meter readings and such, so most likely he didn't have a set in stone schedule to stick to.

Except that Anadanko would have a list of wells for him to examine / visit and CERVI 319 wasnt on his list

So Shanann's funds were used for the downpayment? The Weld county clerk site makes you register to review recorded documents, so I couldn't tell how much their down payment amount was. But that would have been even more incentive for CW because they had $178K in appreciation since 2013 AND he would have gotten her money which was locked up in the house when he sold.

Lenox | Leyden Rock | Arvada, Colorado | D.R. Horton
Found another Colorado community with a DR Horton "Lenox" floor plan, although the square footage and elevations are slightly different.

I disagree. In my Colorado divorce, my initial house funds were excluded. Appreciation was part of the marital assets, yes, but down payment - no.

With so many different forensic type information available for anyone to view/research …

What I'm trying to ask - does any other poster think he could've set the scene ahead of time? He did seem to be time restrained. But, why leave a sheet in the trash & at the site where the bodies were? Really? I mean that's Forensics 101.

(Snipped for content)

Snanann's flight came in very late, knocking his plan off by hours. If the girls were already dead, they could have possibly been in the truck. So, Shanann takes off her shoes, goes upstairs and he follows after her, killing her immediately.

He wraps her in a sheet and puts her in the truck with the children and takes off to dispose of the bodies. Lacking time, he could only dig a shallow grave and dump the girls in the tank.

Then, he had to get to work on time and forgot about the sheet at the dump site.

He never had the chance to go back home to dispose of the sheet in the trash. Otherwise, he expected to have time to go home after work and clean up the house and re-make the bed.

Unfortunately, he didn't get that chance after the friend called him and LE.

Their (DA) chronology in describing things could be off. Remember, she did enter the house later and at some point likely saw the seats in the car in the garage. They probably just connected that part of her statement to having her son look in the window. I don’t sense anything hinky. As a matter of fact, I got a document this week summarizing an interview conducted with me (not criminal). There were statements in it that were just mistakes. Nothing terribly substantive, but still, things can get jumbled.

If you let this video flow into the next one, there are screenshots that appear to be where she was found, and possibly it was in a culvert? I'm not on my computer so somebody else can perhaps do better screenshots than I.
No, this is useless chopper coverage. This was discussed earlier. My understanding is that The actual location of the bodies isn’t in any of this footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Giles