Original

Missing Age 36 Years
Current Age 36 Years
Height 5' 6" (66 Inches)
Weight 150 lbs
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
Hair Color Brown
Eye Color Brown
Horse shaped tattoo on chest "All Fall Short Of The Glory Of God" Andel wings on upper right arm
Clothing Last seen wearing black shorts and a maroon t-shirt

Date of Last Contact August 18, 2019
NamUs Case Created September 18, 2019
Last Known Location Map
Location Corpus Christi, Texas 78418
County Nueces County

Circumstances of Disappearance Bradley was last seen leaving the house around 10 PM driving a 2003 Mazda 3 Turquoise 4 door sedan. His car was found abandoned on 8/23/19 down the end of Stingray Rd at 229 N.A.S Corpus Christi, TX 78418 parked by the water. He had bought some shrimp and packed up a few fishing poles as if he was going fishing. There was no sign of foul play at his car.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Additional information from TXEQ:

MISSING: Bradley Cy Brooks – Corpus Christi, Texas (8/18/19)

AUG 31, 2019
Police need your assistance locating 2 missing people
BB was last seen on Aug 18 by his girlfriend. His vehicle was towed from the area 200 NAS after being found abandoned for a few days. It was at the end of Stingray Road where people go to fish. He has not been heard from since the 18th.

cad121a9-886a-48ae-b830-ef210f3e5def.jpeg

Last edited:
SEP 2, 2019
Corpus Christi man still missing after two weeks - Video
  • BB's family is distraught; he has been missing for two weeks
  • A tow truck driver found BB's vehicle down a dirt road that ends on the coast inside of an RV Park right off of N.A.S. drive.
  • The words, “Grandma, my dad didn't come home,” were the beginning of a nightmare for KW (BB's mom). BB has a 16-year-old daughter.
  • She said he left to go fishing around 10 p.m. on August 18th.
  • Previously her son has gone away maybe a couple of days at a time but nothing like this.
  • “But I would always hear from him, but this time is different,” she said. “I have not heard from him. He is a mama's boy he stays in contact with me. Texts me, calls me. Even if he says, 'Mom, I messed up,' you know whatever.”
  • She said when they found his abandoned car she was told the car was locked and the hood was up. LE has searched the vehicle.
  • “We opened everything up there is no foul play, but all his fishing gear was in there,” she said.
  • BB sometimes goes by his middle name, Cy.
  • KW said the U.S. Coast Guard has been notified and CCPD will be out in the area on Tuesday searching with a drone.
SEP 11, 2019
Local man still missing nearly a month after his disappearance, family asks for help

• “It’s not uncommon for us, we would go night fishing and we would stay out late and fish all night,” said MC, BB's sister.
  • She says he moved from Weatherford, TX to Corpus Christi just 2 months before he went missing. He came here to move in with his girlfriend.
  • Not long before he disappeared, his daughter also moved here to live with her dad.
  • Hoping he wasn't really missing and would be home eventually, the family reported BB missing 6 days after last seeing him.
  • MC has created a Facebook page called 'Help find Bradley Brooks.'
  • The family asks anyone with information to reach out to them on the Facebook page or contact police at 888-TIPS.

Last edited:
Very glad to hear this!
  • Texas EquuSearch was called in by the Corpus Christi Police Department. Brooks' family also sought help from TXEQ after weeks of searching on their own.
  • Wednesday was the first day they were in town to look for Brooks.
  • Brooks moved to Corpus Christi to live with his girlfriend two months before he disappeared and brought his daughter to town to live with him the day before.
  • Brooks' mother said, "He just wouldn't leave his daughter like that. there's no way. and the other thing is he always stays in contact with me. Always."
  • TXEQ centered its effort today with close to twenty team members searching within a two-mile radius of where BB's vehicle was found.
  • "I had a boat in the water doing shorelines that I could do. We did a lot of stuff on ATVs, foot searching," Tim Miller, founder and director of TXEQ.
  • According to Miller, there's no evidence of foul play or anything to indicate that Brooks left the area on his own.
  • Miller said that the TXEQ team planned to meet with CCPD detectives on Thursday to talk about plans for expanding their search.

Happy TxEq is having a go at searching. None better ! Don't see anything new anywhere. Anyone else turn up anything to go with ? Lord you can't even go fishing by your lonesome anymore. That's a sad sad shame. And all these men out solo and all that is found is the vehicle. Seems predatory behavior to me. Even if there's no signs of foul play wouldn't that be suspicious to LE ?! Too many and too much distance between I guess to form a pattern. Bugging the crap out of me MOO

OCT 7, 2019
Search for Coastal Bend man continues
[…]

Brooks lived in Corpus Christi with his girlfriend AN.

AN sat down with 3News and outlined their search efforts so far. According to AN, she and his family have searched by boat and land. A team of 20 volunteers from EquuSearch scouted out the area.

AN says they still have no leads, but police are currently trying to locate Brooks' cell phone.

[…]

"I don't know how to cope with it. I spend my days looking for him. Every time I'm out there, I look for him. Everywhere I go. I don't know where to look anymore. I don't know where to look," Nelson said.

Nelson created a Facebook page for brooks that she updates every day and asks people to share the information.

[…]

OCT 29, 2019
Family, agencies continue searching for missing Corpus Christi man last seen in August
[…]

The 36-year-old was last seen in the Flour Bluff area on August 18 by his girlfriend, according to posts from the Facebook page "Help find Bradley Brooks."

[…]

Family believe he may have been fishing in the area where his car broke down, Facebook posts state.

Texas EquuSearch, a recovery team that uses horses to search for lost and missing persons, searched for Brooks on Oct. 2. There is also a missing poster for Brooks on the team's website.

Police and the National Guard also used K-9s to search for Brooks on Oct. 21, posts state.

"My brother, Bradley, is always smiling. He will go to great lengths to get you to smile too. He is kind and would help anyone," MC said. "We just want to know where he is or what happened to him."

[…]

NOV 3, 2019
Help find Bradley Brooks
  • Day 76.
  • AN, who helps Bradley's sister run the FB page, is a childhood friend as well as Bradley's girlfriend.
    Bradley's daughter, girlfriend, and her children, were at home with her when he left.
  • He loves to fish, especially at night.
  • His car had been having battery issues before he disappeared.
  • Last phone ping was around 2:30 am at a tower near where his car was found. Cadaver dogs and a drone have been used in the area where his car was found.

— It has now been 281 days since Brooks was last seen at his Flour Bluff home back in August 2019. His family said the 36-year-old had just bought bait and was heading out to do some late night fishing around 10 p.m. No one ever saw or heard from him again. Brooks has now been entered into the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System

His vehicle was later found abandoned at the end of a dirt road off of NAS Drive. Since then, a team of volunteers, along with EquiSearch, have worked to bring him home, but no answers yet.

Army Veteran Buck Chapman, who is Brooks' brother-in-law, took to Facebook Live to read two letters. One was addressed to Texas Governor Greg Abbott, the other to several city officials, hoping they can help.

"I'm a 10 year Army Veteran, medically retired, and I am now devoting my time to help find Bradley," Chapman said. "I am even planning a trip from Oklahoma to Corpus. This case is my focus now and I will continue to do anything and everything I can do to help figure out what happened to my brother in law."

Call police at (361) 886-2600 if you have any information that could help in this case.

Family of Bradley Brooks still searching for him after he went missing August 2019 in Corpus Christi

New information might help find missing Flour Bluff man

JUNE 18
This week the family of the missing man has received new information that could lead to finding their loved one.

Now coming up on a year of searching, the family says they’ve received a tip from an old friend who says they believe to have spotted Bradley in Oklahoma.

“He was at a gas station in Bartlesville , Phillips 66, and while he was there he spotted someone that looked just like brad he said the guy was staring at him and he was staring back like ‘is that brad?,'" said his sister. Misty Chapman. "He gathered some information like the vehicle he was in, the person he was possibly seen with. And the station.”

Chapman says the local sheriffs office has already requested the security footage from the gas station in Bartlesville.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikysweety
Back