Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What tree?
Lots of dirt movement on the Morphew house.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Before picture from Google Maps view

Another before picture

missing tree replaced with pebbles.

rear clearing off and dirt piles

weird dirt over rocks

Lots of black sand added

Flattened off front

The home smelling of bleach was a rumor very early on in this case. It just came from channels that we can’t trust as sources. But it’s been out there for a while.

At around 4 minutes, AM talks about second hand information about bleach smell in the home, then Lauren cuts in to clarify the initial investigators gave him this information. Then cuts back to AM, who goes on to say they asked him about coolers and told him they found no coolers at the home.

or his recent gym membership....

or his training for a Colorado volunteer fireman(wasn't that training MD weekend?;)) got to be physically fit...

or maybe just trying to keep up with the younger crowd he was trying to run with now....

And obviously, all of the bleach was to touch up his tips:D

All JMO, MOO, etc.
Just jumping off your post...

I just thought about this today. I’ve had a few professional and volunteer firefighter friends. The volunteers especially loved the job because it got them out of the house and down to the station where there were always groupies hanging around. They men all used the excuses of meetings, training, equipment to tinker with or wash down, etc. Wives and girlfriends were discouraged from just dropping in. If a SO did stop by at an inopportune time, the girl would have to go out the back door or hide in the bathroom until she left. I know of a few marriages that broke up over a volunteer firefighter job.

Took photos today, still trying to upload. The only option seems to be to load from existing media.

1. I'll save pictures to my desktop.

2. Then, when creating a post, I'll click the "Upload a File" button, which takes me to my File Explorer.

3. While in File Explorer, navigate to Desktop, select the photo, and click the "Open" button.

4. You can then click the "Post Reply" button.

That should do it.

I went to the hotel today and detected no general odor of chlorine outside or inside, except in the hallway ten feet from the inside door to the pool. If someone noticed a chlorine smell inside a room, my observation would be that it had to come from within the room.

I just thought about this today. I’ve had a few professional and volunteer firefighter friends. The volunteers especially loved the job because it got them out of the house and down to the station where there were always groupies hanging around. They men all used the excuses of meetings, training, equipment to tinker with or wash down, etc. Wives and girlfriends were discouraged from just dropping in. If a SO did stop by at an inopportune time, the girl would have to go out the back door or hide in the bathroom until she left. I know of a few marriages that broke up over a volunteer firefighter job.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Hope I'm quoting correctly :(

I've had this thought too. The attention from being a fire fighter would fit into his narcissistic personality. I have often thought that maybe she found out he was having an affair which possibly resulted in a pregnancy. This may have pushed her toward divorce which would be a huge threat to BM. Embarrassment at her leaving him, splitting the family and the finanical loss. Just a random thought.

I went to the hotel today and detected no general odor of chlorine outside or inside, except in the hallway ten feet from the inside door to the pool. If someone noticed a chlorine smell inside a room, my observation would be that it had to come from within the room.
Thank you for taking one for the team! Good sleuthing!

Aw come on now. We need our firefighters. I really respect anyone who can run into a burning building instead of away from one. I hate to see them disparaged this way, and I don’t even know one. In any case, I am very glad we have them.

That sounds like a @MassGuy bender. Except Friday extends into Sunday or Thursday. I once lost an entire week.

I guess it’s possible, but I see panicked thinking, as opposed to drunken. I think this was genuine rage.

Don't antagonize @MassGuy... don't do it... nope.... don't even think about it... but what an opportunity... nope... i won't... :rolleyes:

ADMIN REMINDER:

This post lands at random.

Speculation must be based on some KNOWN fact via MSM, LE, or another WS approved source. There is no known fact to speculate that BM was having an affair, that he was involved in any illegal activity or that viewing of *advertiser censored* is a factor in this case. Such posts will be removed as they are not substantiated, they end up being misinterpreted or misstated as fact further down the road, and they derail the thread with discussion not based on fact.

This link is to the list of members posting in this discussion who are Verified in their specialty / area of expertise. There are no Verified psychologists or psychiatrists in this discussion, therefore no members are qualified to diagnose anything about Barry Morphew or anyone else. Members can speculate but don't present your speculation as fact or that it is based on any specialized training. If members are not Verified by Tricia, they are required to provide links to whatever they state as fact; otherwise their posts will be removed.

Do not post about tips that are sent to LE or Crime Stoppers. If you have a tip, just send it in without publicizing it. Websleuths is not in the business of letting potential criminals know what information LE may be considering as part of their investigation.

On another note, not really related as live several hrs from Salida, but several big wildfires in Colorado right now. This is image of Cameron Peak fire taken yesterday... Today the sky is just apocalyptic... Sitting at a lake right now and ash landing on me...

Attachments

• 20200906_182409 (1).jpg
    20200906_182409 (1).jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics