GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe his plan was for her friends to be the ones to find her while he was far away - which would have made a lot more sense than the way it played out.

Omg... I NEVER EVER even thought about this... If we would have been the ones to walk in...

#JusticeForMelinda

I just called the landlord so that I could answer that questions for you. Apparently they were informed by a friend who works for the city and heard it come over the scanner, BB insisted that they go check, (who believes their 23 year old best friend has been shot) && the landlord ended up talking with the cops/detectives for a few hours.

#JusticeForMelinda

Omg... I NEVER EVER even thought about this... If we would have been the ones to walk in...

#JusticeForMelinda
I'm sorry if I upset you. I have always wondered why he didn't just shoot her, take the gun (and maybe the baby) and leave her for someone else to find. Especially when he could claim he had been staying at his brother's.

Maybe his plan was for her friends to be the ones to find her while he was far away - which would have made a lot more sense than the way it played out.

I hadn't thought about this, but this could very well be.

I'm sorry if I upset you. I have always wondered why he didn't just shoot her, take the gun (and maybe the baby) and leave her for someone else to find. Especially when he could claim he had been staying at his brother's.

I have wondered the exact same thing. I think he was faced with a real problem because she didn't die immediately and he had concerns she might be able to somehow communicate with the police, or her friends (if they had found her) that SL had been in the home that evening. I also think he planned on slipping away from the house when the deed was done, in the cover of dark, while neighbors were still sleeping, so as to avoid being seen. But when she didn't die immediately, I think he waited until he felt she would not be able to communicate and a new scenario was necessary for the cops because by that time, a little after 6 a.m., neighbors were starting to get up for work and he may have been worried he'd been leaving the house by a neighbor. These are my thoughts, but of course this is pure speculation.

I'm sorry, too, Set Her Soul Free, but with things not adding up with the story, and now finding you were having breakfast with Melinda and your other friend that morning, I am considering this may have been his plan as well.

He would have to leave Baby Girl. He couldn't have her it would show he was in the house.

He would have to leave Baby Girl. He couldn't have her it would show he was in the house.
Well he had taken her before and left Melinda alone. So he could have said he'd had her for a few days. Although, yes, it would have looked better for him if she was still there.

No, you're fine. I just.. I never even thought about the possibility honestly.. You're absolutely right

#JusticeForMelinda

Sethersoulfree, did any of you see Steve in the days that followed? Did he say anything about what happened to anyone?

I think his plans had to change when Melinda didn't die right away AND the gun jammed. He could not take the baby with him because if he had her with him, police would know he had been at Melinda's house.

I think he stayed at the house because he feared Melinda would survive.

So kudos to Melinda for staying alive. She forced SL to change his plans.

JMO

I have wondered the exact same thing. I think he was faced with a real problem because she didn't die immediately and he had concerns she might be able to somehow communicate with the police, or her friends (if they had found her) that SL had been in the home that evening. I also think he planned on slipping away from the house when the deed was done, in the cover of dark, while neighbors were still sleeping, so as to avoid being seen. But when she didn't die immediately, I think he waited until he felt she would not be able to communicate and a new scenario was necessary for the cops because by that time, a little after 6 a.m., neighbors were starting to get up for work and he may have been worried he'd been leaving the house by a neighbor. These are my thoughts, but of course this is pure speculation.

BBM. I agree. For him to point the finger at a stalker, the baby needed to be there when Melinda was found. I think he panicked when Melinda failed to die immediately.

JMO

I kinda figured Melina did not see her parents very often due to the supervised visitation with her child. If they had been seeing her regularly, that likely wouldn't have been ordered. I didn't know Melinda,and I don't know her family, but I do know that abusive relationships cause an extreme amount of confusion and pain and even anger and despair, between victims and their loved ones. Family can't understand, and victims can't explain. Very frustrating for all concerned.

BBM. I don't believe it has anything to do with how often her parents saw Melinda. After her murder, there would be supervised visitation because of fears that the grandparents may abscond with the baby because they live out of the state's--and court's--jurisdiction. The maternal grandparents will have to go to court just as Nancy Cooper's parents went to court. Nancy's parents lived in Canada.

JMO

Well he had taken her before and left Melinda alone. So he could have said he'd had her for a few days. Although, yes, it would have looked better for him if she was still there.

I think this is especially true if the intended plan was to have Melinda's friends be the ones to make the discovery. That is, if he knew they were coming to the house around 10 a.m. and the plan was for the baby to go with them to the brunch.

I'm not sure if anyone has any thoughts on this or can answer it, but is it common procedure, or somehow mandated in Indiana (or that specific county) that an accused murderer be required to sign an order preventing them from having contact with one of their children?

I'm not sure if anyone has any thoughts on this or can answer it, but is it common procedure, or somehow mandated in Indiana (or that specific county) that an accused murderer be required to sign an order preventing them from having contact with one of their children?
I was curious about this too. He has 2 children, why did he only have to sign about Baby Girl?

No none of us have seen Steve, "he" did message me on fb from some weird name.. This long message, however I didn't see it until after he had been arrested, it was in my other file

#JusticeForMelinda

From what I was told, it's bc of the policy on babygirl.

Which makes sense to me

#JusticeForMelinda

I was curious about this too. He has 2 children, why did he only have to sign about Baby Girl?

Because the other child still has a parent capable of making decisions on his behalf such as medical, schools, home. SL is the only parent EL has and the State won't let him make decisions on her behalf as long as he is behind bars. That's the way jails work in almost all states. I'm not aware of any place that is different.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member