UT UT - Steven Willard Anderson, 46, Salt Lake City, 3 June 2004

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Steven Willard Anderson
  • steven_willard_anderson_1.jpg
Anderson, circa 2004

• Missing Since 06/03/2004
  • Missing From Salt Lake County, Utah
  • Classification Missing
  • Date of Birth 10/22/1957 (61)
  • Age 46 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'11, 235 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Anderson was last seen in Salt Lake County, Utah on June 3, 2004. He left to go paint his family's cabin at Flaming Gorge, but apparently never arrived there. He has never been heard from again. Anderson was driving a leased green Toyota at the time of his disappearance; it has never been recovered. Few details are available in his case.

Steven Willard Anderson – The Charley Project

steven_anderson1.jpg

https://updsl.org/page_coldCases.php

Just a few tidbits to add something to this profile. In February of 2004, Steven was cited for speeding in a school zone. He paid the fine ($158) on May 19, 2004, just two weeks before he disappeared. He owed some child support as of June 2004, but in prior years he had occasionally accumulated some back support and paid it off. I didn't find any serious legal trouble for him or his business, Pro Fitness Training.

Few details to go on here. Normally, when someone disappears during a long drive, and the car isn't recovered, it's assumed they crashed into a body of water, or off an cliff. Is there anywhere like on that the route to Flaming Gorge?

His case has been updated in The Charley Project.
Steven Willard Anderson – The Charley Project

Five photos added and Details of Disappearance updated. He disappeared in a leased vehicle. I'm guessing the vehicle, since it hasn't been found either, did not have any sort of tracking system such OnStar or similar. Strange that this summary mentions the vehicle but no license #.

steven_anderson1.jpg

Steven Willard Anderson - Missing since June 3, 2004​

47 YOA -- Missing since 6/3/04
W/M 5’11/235 bro/blu
Left to paint family cabin in Flaming Gorge. Dad checked at cabin and he had never arrived. Vehicle was a lease and neither vehicle or Steven were located.
Case #04-60317
Case Status:Open

He appears to be saluting in one of the Charley Project photos. Is anyone aware of any military in his background?

Based on Google Maps, the fastest route between Salt Lake City and Flamingo Gorge would have been I-80. MOST of this route would have been along the interstate and with this case being only back from 2004, I am going to assume that had someone wrecked along that interstate that it would have been noticed.
The interesting part comes into play around Flamingo Gorge. The Green River snakes through that area and while RT 530 is the most prominent road, I see multiple other smaller roads and they are all close to the river. Does anyone know if LE has done any searching in the river?

He appears to be saluting in one of the Charley Project photos. Is anyone aware of any military in his background?
I think he does have a military background, yeah.

This case is briefly discussed on the True Crime BS podcast (in relation to Steven potentially being an Israel Keyes victim), and I’m pretty sure they do mention that he was ex-military.

I believe it was in s5e6 of the podcast.

Earlier this year Doug Bishop of United Search Corps and HeavyDSparks met with Detective Ben Pender of Unified Police Department to go over the case details, as well as with Steven's family.
They searched several water locations with sonar in Flaming Gorge including Cedar Springs Marina, Mustang Ridge Ramp, and around the dam, Cart Creek Bridge, and the campground.
A pond on Hwy 44 (40.84283, -109.64534) was also attempted to be searched with sonar despite being covered in ice.

New info from this video is that he had gotten gas in town on the way to the cabin and he had tried to pick his teenage son up to go with him, but his son had a birthday party to go to, so he did not go with him.

The exact route of their search is available on OnX but can't be viewed without an account/subscription?
onX Offroad...
The video of their search is here:

Last edited:

Sounds like they may have found him

Sounds like they may have found him
Looks like the match, for sure

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics