MO MO - Winona, Shannon County, female body found, w/tattoos, 12 Jan 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Two area law enforcement agencies are seeking help in identifying human remains found Jan. 12 near Winona.

The body was found on state right-of-way on U.S. 60, the Missouri State Highway Patrol said. An autopsy shows homicide as the cause of death, it said.
upload_2022-1-28_13-21-4.jpeg

The female is about 55 years of age with two legible tattoos. She is described as having black hair and weighing about 160-180 pounds.

Persons with information should call Troop G of the patrol at 417-469-3121. The patrol is working with the Shannon County Sheriff’s Department.
Help sought in identifying human remains - Houston Herald

January 27th, 2022) The Missouri State Highway Patrol has given additional information, and has requested that anyone with information on the individual to come forward to help them identify the body. Pictures of identifying tattoos have also been released.

272661334_2236170756534453_5785965204129548451_n-290x300.jpg
272666219_2236170739867788_5343280203571362036_n-300x235.jpg
272686562_2236170746534454_2107766548307655218_n-199x300.jpg

Date Body Found January 12, 2022
Estimated Age Group Adult – Pre 60
Estimated Age Range (Years) 40-60
Estimated Year of Death 2022
Estimated PMI 2 Weeks
Physical Description
Hair Color Black
Head Hair Description Shoulder length. Salt & Pepper
Eye Color Unknown
Height 4′ 10″-5′ 4″(58-64 inches) , Estimated
Weight 160-185 lbs, Estimated
Clothing- White T-Shirt – Harley Davidson size XL. Blue Jeans – brand name “St. Johns Bay” classic fit size 14P Petite.
Circumstances of Recovery
US 60 Highway in Winona, Missouri

For contact information, see below:

Missouri State Highway Patrol Troop G
(417) 469-3121
Agency Case Number 220017964
Evan Tyrrell, Trooper

Human Remains Found Near Winona (UPDATE) - Ozark Radio News

while browsing through NAMUS looking for people who might fit this description, i came across Shannon J. Minshall.
she has been missing since 2013, so the time frame doesn't make sense.. but the area she went missing from is ~40 minutes away from Winona.
she is also listed as having several tattoos, including one of an Indian on her leg. she would be 54 this year, so the age also matches up.

other details are a bit off (height/weight/hair color) but i still thought she might be worth bringing up based on the Indian tattoo alone.

while browsing through NAMUS looking for people who might fit this description, i came across Shannon J. Minshall.
she has been missing since 2013, so the time frame doesn't make sense.. but the area she went missing from is ~40 minutes away from Winona.
she is also listed as having several tattoos, including one of an Indian on her leg. she would be 54 this year, so the age also matches up.

other details are a bit off (height/weight/hair color) but i still thought she might be worth bringing up based on the Indian tattoo alone.
I'd say definitely send it in! It cannot be too common to have a Native American tattoo on your leg, and the location lines up

I'd say definitely send it in! It cannot be too common to have a Native American tattoo on your leg, and the location lines up
i am honestly unsure what the best way to send it in would be, because i've never submitted a tip/possible match before.
if anyone has a NAMUS account or just knows what they're doing in general could submit it, that would be fantastic.

upload_2022-1-29_5-50-38.jpeg
https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/bransontrilakesnews.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/5/82/5821d6a3-1b0c-5bf5-b0a2-62c89f1158e4/61f455d26d5ee.pdf.pdf

i am honestly unsure what the best way to send it in would be, because i've never submitted a tip/possible match before.
if anyone has a NAMUS account or just knows what they're doing in general could submit it, that would be fantastic.

On the NAMUS page, click on the Contact tab. Here's the result:

Texas County Sheriff ’s Department
(417) 967-4165

Agency Case Number13-0907
James Sigman, Sheriff

Looks like there was a election in Texas County, but the Sheriff's email is right under his picture:

Sheriff | Texas County, Missouri

Just call or send an email to the Contact listed in Namus.

Let us know what happens, please!

jmho ymmv lrr

Per one of her family members on Facebook that is not her tattoo. I sent them the photo and they said that was not the one she had. They don't have a photo of her tattoo but could identify it if shown to them.

d7e7f14b766caf3cf0414ed2289313a3.jpg

Last edited:

Although Sandra is only described as having one tattoo which does not match those of this UID; she does closely match the age, height, and weight approximations, and she also has a resemblance to the sketch.

Very little information seems to be available about Virginia, though I think she could be another possible match, despite being a bit out of range of the UID age approximations. It is also worth noting that both she and Sandra disappeared only a little over an hour away from the county in which this UID was found.

With the help of the FBI, a forensics expert at the University of Florida School of Medicine and family members of the victim, the Missouri State Highway Patrol has identified a woman who was found dead in Shannon County more than two years ago, and charged her brother with first-degree murder.

Public court records show the deceased woman is is Debra J. Ramsey, 64 at the estimated time of her death, of Alton.

Robert C. Bender, 60, of Alton, has been charged in Oregon County with stealing $25,000 or more and first-degree murder, and in Shannon County with felony abandonment of a corpse. It is believed he killed Ramsey, stored her body, then moved it to a right-of-way along east U.S. 60 in late December 2021 or early January 2022. Warrants for his arrest were issued out of both counties on Thursday.

Bender is also suspected of stealing her Social Security Disability payments, almost $50,000. The victim and Bender reportedly lived together in Alton and it is suspected Bender took the money from an account at Alton Bank.

An investigation into the missing money was initiated after the victim was positively identified using genetic testing in mid-May. The testing came after a meeting with the victim’s daughter in April, in which the daughter reportedly describ

The Missouri State Highway Patrol said in a press release this week that Robert C. Bender, 59, of Alton, Missouri has been arrested and charged with first-degree murder and stealing with the allegation that he took the life of the woman that was found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back