Identified! IL - Channahon, WhtMale UP5212, 35-55, Extensive dental work 1-2 wks before death, Nov’74 - Donald M. Rozek

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

MadMcGoo

Staff member
Reaction score
1436UMIL

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

1436UMIL.jpg
1436UMIL1.jpg
1436UMIL2.jpg

Reconstruction of the decedent by the FBI.

Date of Discovery: November 9, 1974
Location of Discovery: Channahon, Will County, Illinois
Estimated Date of Death: 1972-1974
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Undetermined
Estimated Age: 35-55 years old
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 5'9" to 5'11"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Clothing: Black sweater, blue jeans (size 31), and brown Builtrite work boots (size 9).

Dentals: Available. Tooth #2 lost filling; #11 appears to be cementing material 3/4 gold crown anchor for fixed bridge; #16 bony impaction, midcoronal fracture. Extensive dental work a week or two before death.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Not available.

Circumstances of Discovery: Hunters found the decedent in a creek bed in a partly wooded area adjacent to crop land. This location is also near a motel located on I-55 near I-80.

Investigating Agency(s)

Will County Coroner's Office, Gene Sullivan or Joe Piper (815) 727-8455
Agency Case Number: UN 74-01

Will County Sheriff's Office (815) 727-8575
Agency Case Number: 74-313-031

NCIC Case Number: U705518046

This is what shows up when you plug the coordinates into google maps:
Google Maps
It seems that he was found nearer to Joliet which is what the images on NamUs say. The area is definitely partially wooded and near fields. I wonder if this man was maybe working on one of the farms before his death? This is a strange case, I wish there was more information.

• November 09, 1974
  • ISP Case: 74-313-031
  • NIC: U705518046
  • Case No: UP5212
  • Male white/ 35-55 years old, 71” tall, weight unknown. This person was fully skeletonized so skin tone, fingerprints and eye color is unknown. No hair was found, it is unknown if he was bald or all hair was lost after death. The skeleton was located near I-55 and I-80, but well off of any roads. He was found by hunters. Parts of blue jeans found indicate waist size 31 along with BUILTRITE brand brown work boots size 9.
  • It is estimated he may have been dead 2 years or so when found.
  • No fingerprints due to advanced decomposition.
  • Dental updated and available. Extensive dental work including a gold and porcelain bridge for the upper incisors.
  • mtDNA and nDNA profiled and in NDIC by FBI lab
  • Forensic Anthropology updated by University of Indianapolis Forensic Anthropologists supports ancestry as white.
  • Facial reconstruction by FBI lab.
  • Missing Person

Excellent news! I’m glad Donald has his name back. This is one that I don’t see a resemblance between the recon and (known) photos of Donald. Unimportant now, but I like to compare images after the fact.

Rest peacefully now Donald.
I can see it, but the photos above are clearly from childhood, maybe a yearbook? And the reconstruction is of a middle aged man. I can see how the kid in the photos could look like the recon after twenty or thirty years of living.

Sleep well, Donald.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiasco331989